Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

BoyToyDolls Cost Too Much! Discuss Here

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

dreamweavers

Post by dreamweavers »

Inuyasha,
This is exactly what I have explained many times in this and other threads, right down to the car analogy and the assembly line.
Thank you....
Nicole's Albums: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10643

artist69
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by artist69 »

I will make a couple of very simple analogies and try to be brief(not) :D

Im a simple guy that speaks in simple terms and spend or waste not really much time over analyzing everything every which way to Sunday
but had to chime in.

A doll is a product that is purchased based on demand to fit a certain nitch
Its not really a necessity like a car .Its more of a need item or novelty but.We all go on with life fine before there were dolls.

Example
Cars come in all shapes and sizes and can range from $6000 new to $150,000 new or even more then that.Theres people willing to pay for the top of the scale and a market out there for the less fortunate or those looking for the economical mode of transportation.You think to yourself how does a doll cost as much as a car used ones that is?They have electronics,motors,gears,framework bla bla bla.For $6000 a doll should move and talk.Thats not the case.

They (Some Doll Manufactures)should maybe offer downpayment and financing for maybe someone who doesnt have all the dough up front.

The less expensive ones use less expensive materials,are much simpler and easy to make.Ferraries,Bentleys,Roll Royces,Masseratii,Lamb.Are custom ordered of the uptmost quality and are made in lot less numbers.
We all cant afford a Rolls Royce or expect all manufactures to make one.

Realdolls are kind of like that.They might make just a couple hundred a year as oppossed to a blow up doll in a box in a store near you for a couple hundred bucks .

Yeah dolls are and can get expensive and I expect that with the amount of expensive materials and labor intensive processes involved.Especially when options are available that make each doll unique and not the norm.

Its just like plasma tvs. I can get a 42'plasma for $700 or $2500.
It all depends on the quality or functions the products put out.

Every Product Out there has a wide spectrum of Costs.
The ones that dont sell there products at the cost they are selling go out of business.Simple.Supply and demand.Same with dolls.
I wish we could all afford a Realdoll but thats not reality and fantacy land.

I heard 80 man hrs goes into making each realdoll and i believe it.

We just cant make things cheap here in America where everyone thinks they are entitled to something.Our factories have to pay big workmans comp,health insurance,payroll taxes,retirement packages,payed holidays.Its a wonder why things are cheaper made in China,India or Tawain.

You want a Harley made here in the good old Usa your gonna pay big bucks.

If you think about it how much money do you or did you spend wining and dinning your Real Girl each year or going places and buying things.
I bet it adds up to the cost of a $6000 doll real quick.If You shell out big bucks for a good doll she will save you lots of the money in the end.
Its a relativaly Small price to pay for companionship and we should be so lucky as Doll Luvr said.

Artist69

GSS

Post by GSS »

dreamweavers wrote:tg-I won't dispute for a minute the potential (however unlikely I personally feel it is-see my previous posts, and those of others, about mainstream products) for your scenario of the fictitious Yank Wang company.
But, there is no way after this year's debacles with cheaply made, and dangerous, imports (lead paint on toys, date rape drug beads, etc) that I would buy one and use my most sensitive appendage on her for the sake of saving a few bucks.....
I'll stick with the Abyss and other known manufacturers, knowing I won't fear the loss of my abilities. 8O
So you won't be buying the Chinese lead cured doll made with medical grade silocone ?

siliconegrapes
Ex-Member

Post by siliconegrapes »

****Removed to keep the peace.

Happy Holidays!
Not all maufacturers can be trusted. PLEASE read the forums thoroughly to make sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer.

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

I'm sorry, but I'd have to agree with most of the posters here.

I have one of itsme's dolls, and IMHO, it's the best doll that I have ever owned.

But then, do I admire RealDoll and BoyToy? Hell yes. Do I have the money for one now? Hell no. In fact, RealDolls were what led me here to TDF in the first place. (Besides the encouragement from Davecat, it was the Wikipedia entry on RealDolls that had an external link to TDF.)

And like Midnight, you do get what you pay for. But I'm going to use another analogy here. I just lust over a PlayStation 3 80 GB with all the bells and whistles, but I have a Nintendo Wii. A PS3 80GB costs nearly $500. I got my Wii from a pawn shop for $200 with all the necessary hookups, the Wii Remote and Wii Sports. The pawnbroker even threw in a game trailer DVD for free. And my Daphne, a Candy Eighteen, costs about, oh, $600 or so brand new. RealDolls cost $7,000. Maybe you can get a good used one for about $2,500. Of course, I did have some skin tears in certain places that I had to repair, and in creative ways because I couldn't get to a dive store in time to get Aquaseal, the recommended repair sealant for Candy Eighteens. But she's lasted me this long. But I based my purchase on what I could handle and what I could stand. I don't think that I can carry a 75+ pound RealDoll that easily. I can carry my 12-pound Candy Eighteen a bit better. Sure, she doesn't have posable joints like RealDolls do, but I put my somewhat creative imagination in each photograph I take of her and post on my Doll Album.

And I sometimes have "Mac Attacks." Those are my sudden cravings of Big Mac Value Meals from Mickey D's. But sometimes I've been getting a damn good burger from Ruby Tuesday. Sure, Ruby Tuesday's a national chain, but the burgers are a lot better... and cooked to order.

Big Mac Value Meal with large fries and large Coke, $5 or so. The burger tastes mass-produced and is identical in taste every time. And when I get my bag home from the Mickey D's, the fries are nearly cold. And sometimes my burger patties in my Big Mac are dry and tasteless. That's because the burger has to be cooked to 160 degrees Fahrenheit or higher to prevent illness (and a big lawsuit). But it's a pretty decent hunger-buster when it strikes, and the McDonald's drive-thru near me is open 24 hours, so I can get a burger almost anytime, day or night, except breakfast hours.

Bacon cheeseburger platter from Ruby Tuesday, about $10, not including soda (with free refills) for an extra $2.19. The lettuce is much crisper, the tomato is fresh, the bacon doesn't taste "artificial," and the cheese is freaking cheddar. Oh, and the burger is cooked to my preference (medium well), so I know it's juicy and tasty. And the meat used in the patty is Angus beef. The fries are hot, and the ketchup is ice-cold and served in a little tin cup on the side of the platter, not in little convenient .25-ounce packets. (I could be wrong about it's size.) And the juices from the burger drip down my chin, and sometimes the burger crumbles in my hands while I'm eating it.

I can finish the Big Mac Meal in about ten minutes, fifteen if I go a bit slower. The soda's a different story, I sip that thing, so it lasts me a bit longer. I cannot finish the bacon cheeseburger platter from Ruby Tuesday in one sitting, in fact, in the usual hour that me and my party's there, I'm not even halfway finished, so I take the rest home in a doggy bag and finish it about a few hours later after I get home.

So, there's a big difference with my analogy here, the burger analogy (sorry for stealing it, midnight), but the Big Mac is mass-produced, identical in every burger produced (and sometimes you can ask for deviations from the standard Big Mac recipe, but I had heard snide remarks one time from a crew member at one Mickey D's when I asked for no cheese and no onions one time), and the bacon cheeseburger from Ruby Tuesday, or any other casual dining restaurant, is made to order, and that's why it takes longer for your meal to arrive to your table. Once you order a meal from a fast food restaurant, their goal is to get it to you no more than three minutes after you pay for your order. Any longer, and there's irate customers and cranky children.

So, maybe that's why it takes about three months from the time you make final payment on a RealDoll to the time you crack open the crate once it crosses the threshold of your front door. That's because the custom order has to cull the molds of both the body and the face of your preference, and the curing time and also the hand-painted features assure that even though that the molds for each body and face are identical, but slight differences in the process make them unique.

Sure, making them mass-produced would reduce costs significantly, but you have to remember that in the mindset of the States, life-sized dolls that aren't easily hideable are considered, yes, perverse. And they will looked pretty much stamped out and identical from one another. Since this is pretty much a niche market, this will remain an oddity for quite a long while. I have been starting to see the negative press on silicone dolls, and all they point to are RealDolls. Once they realize that there are other silicone dolls, who knows who would be skewed in what direction, whether remain negative or turn positive.

I had seen the post one member did about the interview with Emily Mortimer of "Lars" fame, and I did remember that the interviewer assumed that they were "blow up dolls." Remember, a lot of mentality of "sex dolls" today remain toward the inexpensive inflatable dolls. That's all they know and until some revelation comes up showing the masses that there are other dolls than cheap inflatables, who knows what would happen.

It's just like when I found out that you can get cheaper cigarettes just past the VA-NC border in a little border trading post. I started to get them at this border trading post (called "Southland Trade," site http://www.southlandtrade.com/), and from Virginia Beach, it's about a 45-minute drive. Some people take the Chesapeake Expressway, but once you cross 168 Business (Battlefield Blvd.), Route 168 (the limited access highway that branches off from Interstate 264, starts off as Interstate 464 until it turns into Route 168 roughly in the Great Bridge area) turns into a toll road. I found out that this toll road really doesn't save much time. I found out that you can drive down Battlefield Blvd. for only a few more miles until its end at the end of the toll of 168, at a stop light. From there, it's less than two miles to the NC border into Moyock.

(But then, I'm quitting smoking so I can get a doll of higher caliber, but still keeping Daphne. Wish me luck.)

So, quit bitching about the price of the BoyToy doll. Sure, the insert is $300 extra, but don't most people treat them as the works of art they are and treat them with the utmost care? I've seen RealDoll owners have sex with them less and be a "Doll Husband" to them more. Remember, marriage to a RG doesn't involve daily sex, it involves companionship and dedication. I still have the image of that "Jack the Ripper" mentioned in Meghan Laslocky's article in my mind about the parents who gave their college-aged son a RealDoll and he tore her to shreds by having sex with it, abusively no less, and Slade refused to repair her, because she was beyond repair.

/dev/mycents3
CasperGhostboy, Daphne and Tiffany

My Doll-Friends: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10382

The best part of waking up, is Ubuntu in your cup!

GSS

Post by GSS »

dreamweavers wrote:Inuyasha,
This is exactly what I have explained many times in this and other threads, right down to the car analogy and the assembly line.
Thank you....
I agree...Brilliant post Inuyasha! (but what else is new?)

GSS

artist69
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by artist69 »

Casperghostboy

Amen!!!!
$550 for my Taffy and shes great and I can have sex with her all day long and for guys with a bad back( I dont) you wont get a hernia lifting her.Gets me buy just fine.If she gets a tear or needs repair your not going to cry as much as when you break a $6500 doll.Yeah I want a realdoll but Im happy with what I got because I know I cant afford one right now going thru a divorce and being stuck with all the bills. I eat at Carls Jr or In and out burger as much as I would love to eat a Hundred dollar Rib-eye steak meal at Ruth Cris Steakhouse.Im not knocking any dolls matter a fact I want all of them from the cheap ones to the expensive ones so I better keep on working.I love all the dolls.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

ATTENTION ADMIN....

I consider the previous post by SiliconGrapes to be offensive to me and a violation of Rule of Conduct #3.

Please DELETE his ENTIRE Bandwidth WASTING Post!

Thank You!

technoguy

flavortang
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by flavortang »

siliconegrapes wrote:
technoguy wrote:A lot of good things being discussed here and maybe WE who think the high-end sex dolls are overpriced should have OUR own forum!

Someone asked how much the PC I am using to post this costs. Well, I'm using an MSN TV 2 unit which normally retails for about $200 USD. I thought that was excessive so I shopped around and found a NEW one for $40 USD on eBay. It works great!

Well, I could give multiple other examples, but the net result is that I am doing fine while my neighbors are living from paycheck to paycheck and struggling to keep the minimum payments going out on their credit cards.

Americans have been conditioned to literally throw their money away on every new thing that shows up on the tv or the internet. Credit card debt is at an all time high, our gov't has to keep borrowing BILLIONS of dollars PER DAY from the Chinese to keep afloat, and the 9 TRILLION USD national debt will be a burden to pay off for SEVERAL generations to come!

This national mania for overspending and living way beyond one's means has recently culminated in a situation where, during the next two years, upwards of 2 MILLION families will be losing their homes! But, hey, it's the Christmas season...whip out those credit cards and buy something nice for yourself...you deserve it! Somehow it will all work out and you'll get it all paid off before you know it. Yeah, right!

I'll now make a prediction which I fully expect to come to pass within the next two years.

We'll continue to see some short term escalation in the prices of the high-end dolls. Many will complain and announce that they will not be buying one. Others will defend the price rises and say it has to be "expected" in consideration of all of the improvements, artisty, uniqueness, etc. involved.

Then, suddenly and quite unexpectedly, a new member will be posting on TDF. I'll give him the fictional name of "Chan".

He will be a sales rep for the "Yank Wang Company" (another fictional name) of some Asian country and he will be here to announce that his company has just rented a warehouse in the USA and stocked it full of a new, quality silicone dolls called the "Chatty Ann" dolls.

The doll will be a full sized, Western looking love / sex doll made from surgical grade silicone. She will have three orifices, exchangeable faces, closing eyes, removable inserts, AND be capable of responding to sexual activity with a variety of very realsitic female articulations. She'll also weigh in at clsse to 50 lbs.

Then Chan will announce that this doll retails for $4000 USD INCLUDING shipping and that his company takes credit card orders as well as PayPal. The dolls will already be made up and ready to ship. He will simultaneously post some sample photos that will totally blow everybody here away with the incredible realism of the new doll's face, breasts, and genitals.

Shortly after Chan makes his post, there will be a stunned silence for awhile, then slowly TDF members will begin to respond. Initially, there will be disbelief. Why this MUST be a scam NOBODY could ever produce a doll of that quality at that price and bring it to America.

A month will go by with no further word from Chan, then, all of a sudden, some "trusted" member here will announce that he purchased the first "Chatty Ann" doll sold in North America! He will say that the sex is the most realistic he's ever had with a doll and he intends to buy another doll as soon as possible!

Suddenly, the ONLY topic of discussion in all of dolldom will be Chatty Ann and she will be at the top of the "must have" list for every member here and every lurker floating around out there in Cyberspace!

After this event occurs, the Era of the overpriced high end love / sex doll will be over and dolldom will never be the same again....

technoguy
You mentioned that sleeping was the best way for you to recover from our current health issues. Please sleep more and post less so that you may regain your health and hopefully your sanity. To e honest, your baseless speculations are becoming less entertaining and more of an annoyance.
I second that. And third it.

muffy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by muffy »

And the baby powder $$$$$$$ lots of it ...$$...Butt its all Good ..I am crazy over her.. My body 4 Christina .... :crazyeyes:

artist69
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by artist69 »

Ok this topic is on fire and lively.
Have fun you all. I will see how this all transpires later.All this talk of food from Casperghostboy got me hungry and I havent eatten dinner yet.Its like 9 pm on the W.C.

Everyone appreciate your doll tonight and make love to her or them no matter how much they cost. :D :D :D

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

artist69 wrote:Ok this topic is on fire and lively.
Yeah. But then, it's about one person who is suffering from an endocrine illness (his adrenaline is running amuck), and if I was sick, I'd just read TDF and not post or post less. In fact, I was sick with some weird cold last two weeks ago and I couldn't even gather up enough strength to type.
artist69 wrote:Have fun you all. I will see how this all transpires later.All this talk of food from Casperghostboy got me hungry and I havent eatten dinner yet.Its like 9 pm on the W.C.
It's midnight here on the East Coast.

About my talking about food... :oops: Go eat. We'll still be here...
artist69 wrote:Everyone appreciate your doll tonight and make love to her or them no matter how much they cost. :D :D :D
Sure will! :wink:

In the meanwhile, I'm going to have a Jack and Coke.
CasperGhostboy, Daphne and Tiffany

My Doll-Friends: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10382

The best part of waking up, is Ubuntu in your cup!

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

Simply put, everything is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. Obviously, there are thousands of people willing to pay the current prices so like it or don't, they're not likely to change much anytime soon.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

artist69 wrote:Its not really a necessity like a car.
I haven't owned a car in 7 years. ;)

I know... not everyone is in my situation, I get what you're saying.

Love dolls will always be a niche market because of the sex thing. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for society to embraced these substitute humans, to the extent they will be mass produced, any time soon. So, the prices are what they are. They sell at those prices and there's no reason for the doll makers to charge less.

There are people here who have had RealDolls for 5+ years. $7,000 divided by 5 years = $1,400 per year divided by 365 days = $3.84 per day.

A reasonably life-like artificial female for less than the cost of a Big Mac Meal per day. Add in the cost of clothes, wigs, lub, etc. and it probably equals the cost of a Big Mac Meal per day. Such a deal! :D

Oh, yeah... Big Macs rock! 8)

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

leaverus

Post by leaverus »

Quite right, Doll Luvr - not to mention the emotional impact the doll makes on many owners; you can't put a price on THAT.

INFORMATIONS