teddy-babes.com

Considering a Teddy Babe but have some questions

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
carack7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Considering a Teddy Babe but have some questions

Post by carack7 »

Hey guys a few questions that would help me make up my mind to buy or not.

How is shipping to the UK for a Teddy Babe?

For long term owners, how well do they last?

How do you go about cleaning them? The whole body I mean

I take it I have missed the black friday sale, is there likely to be another sale sometime soon?

cuddly

Re: Considering a Teddy Babe but have some questions

Post by cuddly »

Hey carack7,
first a plushy welcome to you!

Since you say you are UK based, I'd suggest buying from Lovehoney, they offer decent prices, little wait and no import. Only works if you find what you like among what they stock though.
If you want to import from the manufacturer, I heard much good so far, just that they are going through some kind of changes currently (no details known), no idea how that influences things and wait and stuff.

For the looooong term durability, let's wait for some folks with longer relationships. Lian is doing well so far (3.5 years), the weakest point imho is still the skeleton. But if it comes to that, repairs are substantially easier than with any solid doll.

Cleaning can be found here...

... and about a sale I'd have to PM you, so you need two more posts to use PMs.

In general I'd sum it up to two points:
Browse this forum and the UKLDF much and read a lot about all that, really take your time,

and

Imho you cannot do much wrong with Teddy Babes, really. While there is some more fabric and plush on the market, I'd say you don't have any real alternatives to choose from anyway.

Cheers, cuddly and Lian

carack7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by carack7 »

Thanks for the answers. I did look at Textile doll also but they really don't appeal to me. They have hard plastic heads.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

welcome carack7 teddy babes are great cuddlers and warm at night my carly deluxe is just over 3 years old and doing fine. there is a member of either this site or UKLDF that has a standard size teddy babe that is over 8 years old and still going. since you are in the UK check out the UKLDF they are based in the UK, standard size TB's are temporarily discontinued so if you want one it will be what stores have on hand or used and TB's rarely come up for sale and go quick when they do. cuddly is right check love honey lots of UK members use them.

carlys_guy

carack7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by carack7 »

Yeah I already checked Love honey, I will most likely just order one from there on monday. Have the weekend to decide. I would for sure want a Deluxe one. Between the different models are the bodies the same with different head design or are the bodies different?

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

The bodies and heads are the same. Any variations you might see are just due to the nature of plush versus something that was poured into a mold. What makes the models different is the specific features added: eyes, eyebrows, lips, nails, nipple color, pubic hair color and style...and of course the wigs, but those are interchangeable. Sam and Ana are both standard Jessicas made around the same time, but even without the different wigs I'd have no problem telling them apart:

As for durability...I'll have had Caley for 9 years come February. I sleep with her every night (and boink her almost every night 8) ), and while there's no mistaking her for a brand new doll, she's still in excellent condition. Yes, I've had to make a few skeletal repairs. But unlike cutting and gluing silicone, simply opening and re-closing a seam means the repairs will be invisible as long as you can sew well enough.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

good to see you here again ian hope you and the girls are doing ok.

carlys_guy

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

carack7 wrote:Hey guys a few questions that would help me make up my mind to buy or not.

How is shipping to the UK for a Teddy Babe?

For long term owners, how well do they last?

How do you go about cleaning them? The whole body I mean

I take it I have missed the black friday sale, is there likely to be another sale sometime soon?
Hi,

sales are rare with Teddy Babes. Just forget about getting another chance soon.

Cuddly has answered the other questions already, go and order at Love Honey since you are in the UK. And read the Teddy Babe sub forum and the stickies there.

The dolls are extremely robust and you can expect that they last many years, maybe even decades with some repairs which are easy to do (needlework). I believe that Teddy Babes are the most durable dolls that exist and they are not that expensive, so you get very good value for your money. And a lot of plushy love.

Hagen

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Well this thread had had me check when my 4 Teddy Babe Delux's moved in,....

Its been 6 yrs already that I have been blessed with their company and they are as good as the day they just showed up to 'visit' my girls.

You should have no trouble keeping a Teddy Babe clean as they are fairly low maintenance, I'll take it you won't be spilling soy sauce on them or paint etc,....

I hope you are blessed with your own Teddy Babe soon.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Everyone has done a great job on answering your questions. :thumbs_up: So I'll just comment on how long these Babes can last.
Here is a picture of my first Teddy Babe Michelle that I got off of the sales section a while back:
Teddy Babe 002.JPG
Teddy Babe 002.JPG (940.39 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
She was originally purchased new by blacksmith around July-August 2006. So she is now eleven years old and going on twelve. Which would make her one of the oldest Teddy Babes here. She has had at least five cuddle partners that I know of, so she has been one busy little Teddy Babe! :D
Unfortunately she has had a few mishaps during that period of time, but there has been no age related deterioration. So I can easily see her lasting a very long time still.
She was originally a standard "Lisa" model and was given an Akiko wig and pubes by her second human Siber. She was then sold to SpocksEars and her picture can still be seen in the "sold items" section of the sales forum. (post date: April 12, 2010) I even have the black dress that she can be seen wearing. I have no idea if the person whom I bought her from was the one who bought her from SpockEars, so there is no way of knowing who had her between that time.
But in any case, she's definitely an older girl with a lot of mileage. But I love her, so she won't be going anywhere else. :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Most of your questions have been answered, but I'll add that you don't need to clean them all that often if you get her some pajamas. If you both sleep naked then it might be a different story with sweat and skin oils, but Audrey and I both sleep wearing something, and it's amazing how clean she stays.

As the picture of the two Jessica models shows, every Teddy Babe looks a little different. Which I think is really cool. Sometimes it's more pronounced than others, but I'll bet I could identify all the Teddy Babes with lots of pictures on here even without wigs.

The last sale I recall before last week was in the summer of 2016; for whatever reason, like you're considering, I think I got her shortly after it ended, lol. Oh well, not a big deal. Normally I'm always trying to get a deal on everything, but looking back now I'm glad to support them. I think it's the first time in my life I'm happy I paid full price instead, lol. It ran for a long time (months?) but as you can see it doesn't happen real often. That being said, for all know there could be another one coming up. I kinda doubt it, but you just never know.

Wow, I didn't realize Michelle was that old! How long have Teddy Babes been around? That's one of the oldest ones I can recall. She still looks good though. Tell her she doesn't look a day over 2, lol.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

JackieTreehorn wrote: Wow, I didn't realize Michelle was that old! How long have Teddy Babes been around? That's one of the oldest ones I can recall. She still looks good though. Tell her she doesn't look a day over 2, lol.
I think she had to been among the very first because they had only begun making Teddy Babes around this time I think.
It's funny how a guy can recognize his own Babe though. I kept looking at Siber's "Dani" and thinking that this was my Michelle. :D
While Siber hasn't been here in awhile, you can still see Dani (Michelle) in his avatar picture. She's the one on the left in the white shirt with the star on it. I probably would have kept the name Dani, but I had already named her before learning about her history.
But it has certainly been a fascinating history as Siber and her first partner "blacksmith" have posted a lot of nice pictures of her. Blacksmith even has one in which she was dressed as a medieval princess back when she was known as Genevieve.
This little lady seems to have had more names than someone on the FBI's most wanted list! :lol: But here's another picture of her in the same black dress that she is wearing in that "Sold" thread from April 12, 2010:
Michelle's little black dress 002.JPG
Michelle's little black dress 002.JPG (915.98 KiB) Viewed 4400 times
Such a cutie! :puppydogeyes:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Gazhan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Gazhan »

Yomi is 10 on the 31st of may, I have some insight for the long term.
She has held up very well for her age , she is warm to touch and I pretty much cuddle her every night (this time of year is a must :P its nice to snuggle up and get warm).
Her wire skeleton has taken some wear over the years (as have all our teddy babes) that is something I think we all agree is the TB's weakest part.

I pretty sure she has;
broken wrists,
bent thigh(rightside) & both forearm wires (can be massaged back into place),
her skin tone has changed alittle over time due to age? cleaning? cuddling? maybe all of them :whistle: ,
I also lost her left nipple while cleaning her some 8 years or so ago :roll:

I find it hard to get clothes that fit her (2007 TB standard) due to her size she is always in-between sizes and they just dont look good or just dont fit her, the kimono looks nice
but again trying to find one in her size is tough :shakefist: ....
that shouldnt be to much of a problem for the TB deluxe as they are bigger and have better proportions :D

cleaning is somewhat easy just dont soak them through, wet them and clean with a cloth, warm water and woollight and for the more stubborn
stuff and things use an oxy action spray, Yomi came out good after a couple of cleaning runs.

Karrot and a few others on here and the uk forums are great sources for repairs and modifications, they would be the guys to talk to about any of that :D.

TB's come highly recommended , Yomi has done me good every year I've had her, she has been worth every penny I have spent on and for her :glou:
some stains that i was having trouble cleaning
some stains that i was having trouble cleaning
Yomi_TBs cleaning2 03a.jpg (82.2 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
oxy spray i use
oxy spray i use
Yomi_TBs cleaning 01.jpg (499.24 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
ignore her hair i didnt get time to brush it xD
ignore her hair i didnt get time to brush it xD
Yomi_TBs cleaning3 03.jpg (137 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Yomi_TBs 015.jpg
Yomi_TBs 015.jpg (124.63 KiB) Viewed 4378 times
Gazhan & Yomi

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

carack7 wrote:Yeah I already checked Love honey, I will most likely just order one from there on monday. Have the weekend to decide. I would for sure want a Deluxe one. Between the different models are the bodies the same with different head design or are the bodies different?
In eu you can order from vuxen.com.
DL under 1000 euro.
You have to ask about ship cost.
you can see model at vuxen.se
Go to "för honom" and after go to teddy babes dockor
They say to me they send to all EU.
I have asked for other here in forum.
I have ordered 1 standard vicky and 1 DL Tina.
thet have low prices.

sorry for bad English.

INFORMATIONS