teddy-babes.com

Thanksgiving invite

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Slave to the plush
Active Poster
Active Poster

Thanksgiving invite

Post by Slave to the plush »

Hey everyone Alexis Marie Snuggs here, so Slave just told me that I'm invited to a pre thanksgiving day dinner at his friends house. I'm a bit nervous about it, this is the first time I'm leaving Slaves place since I arrived a year ago. Any advice?

Rari
Doll
Doll

Re: Thanksgiving invite

Post by Rari »

Slave to the plush wrote:Hey everyone Alexis Marie Snuggs here, so Slave just told me that I'm invited to a pre thanksgiving day dinner at his friends house. I'm a bit nervous about it, this is the first time I'm leaving Slaves place since I arrived a year ago. Any advice?
WOW! I'm excited for you! This is so cool, Alexis Marie. Well, I've not been invited to a Thanksgiving Day dinner but here's some advice that I can think of right off the bat... When Hollywu gets invited to dinner, especially holiday ones, she likes to bring a hostess or host gift. Perhaps a small plant or bottle of wine or whatever you know that person might enjoy. People usually appreciate the gesture. It doesn't have to be expensive as it's normally the thought that counts. You will be seen as a very thoughtful and gracious guest. Also, what's the dress code? Now it seems like most dinners aren't as formal as they once were but it can help your nerves to kind of know what others are wearing so you don't show up overdressed - maybe an evening gown and everyone else is wearing western wear. Wear something classy yet comfy. After the dinner, sit down and write a hand written thank you card thanking them for inviting you and mail it to them. This last bit of advice may seem old fashioned but it will make a huge impression on your host/hostess. It will totally blow their mind because it's rarely done now. I am betting you will get a lot more invites and will be talked of highly! You will surely be the Belle of the Ball!

Hugs,

Rari
"Understand me. I'm not like an ordinary world. I have my madness, I live in another dimension and I do not have time for things that have no soul." - Charles Bukowski

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

congrats on the invite, i agree with rari find out what the dress code is and have slave help you pick out a gift, perhaps a pie would be nice, and the thank you note is a good idea as well.

carly snugglemore

Slave to the plush
Active Poster
Active Poster

Hey, thanks Rari for the advice, so a cocktail dress would work? It's casual, Slave and her are hippie type people. The only problem is that I can't find shoes for me, maybe uggs? Slave can't afford uggs, wait fuck it he's buying me uggs! He owes me a favor for saving him from getting pissed on from the sharks for snoring. Ok so I'll bring "special " brownies and wine! That should work right?

Slave to the plush
Active Poster
Active Poster

Oh and thank you too Carly snugglemore I hope I'll make a good impression

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hey sis,

I'm sure you will do fine at the thanksgiving dinner and impress the hosts. Take a bottle of wine with you as a present, that'll do fine !!

XOXO,
Audrey
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

how did thanksgiving dinner go? fillus in on all the details please.

carly snugglemore

Slave to the plush
Active Poster
Active Poster

Sorry for the late reply. It turned out I couldn't go but I had leftovers.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

aww too bad sorry you couldn't go did slave tell you why? were the left overs good what did you get?

carly snugglemore

INFORMATIONS