teddy-babes.com

My new Teddy Babe - Joy

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JustOnePot

My new Teddy Babe - Joy

Post by JustOnePot »

Hi there, I've been looking to get a silicon doll and I still aim to get one at some point, but in the meantime I've bought myself a neo classic Teddy Babe which I am really impressed with. To be honest, I hadn't paid much attention to these dolls until I saw this particular model and then I just had to have her. :D

Anyway, she's my first doll and I've named her Joy. She is much better looking than I was expecting; a really well made quality and well worth the money, despite the wig getting tangled up all the time.

Here's a couple of pictures of Joy wearing the outfit she arrived in:
Attachments
joy01.jpg
joy01.jpg (95.22 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
joy02.jpg
joy02.jpg (148.05 KiB) Viewed 2606 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Re: My new Teddy Babe - Joy

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Welcome to the plush side! :glou:
Great choice for a name as this little cutie will certainly bring a lot of joy into your life! :wink:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

JustOnePot

Post by JustOnePot »

Thanks Stewie, she arrived in a big box and then inside the box she was wrapped up in a clear plastic bag like a fairground prize. :)
Attachments
joy03.jpg
joy03.jpg (117.09 KiB) Viewed 2602 times

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Well she is indeed a prize! :wink:
She looks new. Where did you get her?
You don't have to say if you don't want to, but I was just curious as I haven't seen her in the sales section.
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Hagen of Tronje

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

Hi,

lovely doll, Joy is an Akiko Standard model ?

If you get tired of the original wig then buy a kanekalon wig (maybe from ebay), they look and feel nice and tangle less than the original wigs. Another idea is to have a shorter "bed wig" for the night.

Have a lot of joy with Joy !

Hagen

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

"Joy" -- a most appropriate name for such a doll! :D Teddy Babes are especially adept at bringing forth these feel-good emotions.

Good for you, JustOnePot. It's true, you and Joy will probably want to have a nicer-quality wig (or two) for her fairly soon.

JustOnePot

Post by JustOnePot »

Thanks guys, yeah I'm going to look to buy a softer wig, so I'll have a browse on Ebay as Hagen suggests.

I had Joy sleeping next to me last night and then this morning pulled her over for a cuddle before getting up. It's surprising how good these are just for cuddling.

I reckon everybody should get one of these at least as a secondary doll if not a main one, because everyone needs a blue blanket in their life. :D

JustOnePot

Post by JustOnePot »

Hagen of Tronje wrote:Joy is an Akiko Standard model ?
Yes, that's right she's an Akiko standard. I think there is an Akiko deluxe that I've seen around as well with a slightly slimmer shape face, but I quite liked the look of the rounder face on the standard model. :)

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

welcome joy hope you enjoy it here on the forum and in your new home as well.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy

Grasowka

Post by Grasowka »

Hi JustOnePot,

welcome to the club of Teddy babe connaisseurs, your Joy's a cutie !!

Cheers,
Grasowka
She drives my crazy, uh-uh, like no no-one else, uh-uh, she drives my crazy and I can't help myself...

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=5678

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Also, don't forget to enter her in the Teddy Babe roll call. :wink:

JustOnePot

Post by JustOnePot »

Thanks carly snugglemore and carlys_guy and Grasowka. :D

Yeah I'll have to go look at that roll call, Stewie. :)

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Congratulations! She looks like a real sweetheart. Teddy Babe's are indeed very special, and oh, so cuddly.
JustOnePot wrote:I had Joy sleeping next to me last night and then this morning pulled her over for a cuddle before getting up. It's surprising how good these are just for cuddling.
One thing you might discover is that, as well as supplementary cuddling in the morning, you can actually sleep all cuddled up with her too. They even have a number of advantages over a real girl. They're very light so they don't make your arm go to sleep if it's under her, they don't move, snore, or breath in your face, nor to they mind in the least if you do any of that to them, and they're always comfortable as long as you are. Every night me and Audrey (who is an Audrey Deluxe naturally) sleep pretty much wrapped around each other. It's glorious.

Also, check out the eyelids thread amongst the stickied threads. They're very easy to make, and it really adds a lot somehow. I don't know why it makes such a difference, but when I see my Teddy Babe holding on to me and sleeping so contentedly, it's about the most heartwarming thing ever. The somewhat cartoony nature of their faces allows for a lot of leeway in making them. Upon closer scrutiny, Audrey's eyelids are not nearly as nice as a lot of the others people have made and posted pictures of, but they still look good anyway.

One other thing I'd recommend to achieve maximum cuddlability is to get her some pajamas. Personally, I'll make a plug for satin pajamas, but whatever you think would be the best. In addition to being extra cuddly, they also serve to protect her from sweat and skin oils.

Anyway, I hope you and Joy have a blast getting to know each other. That's a great name for a Teddy Babe by the way. They certainly bring a lot of joy. Whoever said you can't buy happiness obviously never had a Teddy Babe. Whenever I hear someone say that I laugh to myself because I now know that's a total crock of shit.

JustOnePot

Post by JustOnePot »

Thanks Jackie! :)

I'm definitely on the lookout for some nice pyjamas for her and hope to find a suitable size that will fit well. I agree with you that satin could be good due to Joy's asian-esque appearance, or a small kimono style wrap perhaps.

I've seen that eyelid thread but it was a while before I bought Joy, so I'll have to look at it again to refresh my mind. From what I recall though it was a very good idea. :D

I've tried sleeping with Joy in my arms a couple times, sort of on top of me but to one side with her head turned and resting on my chest, her arm up across my opposite shoulder and it works quite well. She does have a nice weight to her like you say, not too heavy so that she gives me a dead arm and yeah no snoring, morning breath or sudden coughing fits in the middle of the night either which is excellent. :)

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

Hey JustOnePot,

She's a beauty! :)

Tyr
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

INFORMATIONS