teddy-babes.com

Loose pubic patch

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Loose pubic patch

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I have a Teddy with a loose pubic patch. What is the best glue for fixing this?
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Loose pubic patch

Post by samara78 »

Why don't you sew it back down with a small needle and thread the color of the pubic patch?
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

samara78 wrote:Why don't you sew it back down with a small needle and thread the color of the pubic patch?
I can't sew worth a crap. But I will give it a try. That would probably be a lot better than the glue anyway. :thumbs_up: Now the only thing I have to worry about is if she goes "OWWW!" 8O
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

The Stock pubs are glued on with SuperGlue (nasty)

Jess has an acrylic fur patch sewn on with a little fibrefil underneath to give a nice triangle of pubic hair and a mound. (no, no pics coming, she wont let me)

Practice the ladder stitch, its all you need for Teddybabe repairs

http://www.squishycutedesigns.com/ladder-stitch/

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Sewing...easy...every young Jack Tar learns this basic lifeskill as a recruit....12 stiches per inch with an interlocking sailmakers hitch (loop) and you can not go wrong....this method does badges, patches, whipping and splices of the mains...so should be spot on for pubic patches to....Navy is my Gravy...LOL

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

These fellas are right! Learning to sew is all you will ever need to fix up your plushy lady doll. I learned to sew from my uncle who was in the navy.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

i heard that curved needles are easier to use on dolls, something to look into.

carlys_guy

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks for the advice everyone! :thumbs_up: I have attempted some sewing in the past, but I am what is known as a "jack leg." That's someone who doesn't really know what he's doing, but he does it anyway. I'm like this with cars as well. I can perform basic maintenance and change out parts. But as far as rebuilding or tuning an engine; forget about it! :wink:

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Well, the problem is that TB pubes are designed to be glued on. Rather than a piece of fur fabric, loose fur is glued to a thin piece of gauzy cloth, which is then glued onto the doll....at least, that's how it appears to be constructed based on dolls I've modified. I'm not saying sewing would be impossible, but given how the glue is embedded into the backing, the needle would have to poke new holes in it rather than simply passing through the fibers as it would with regular fabric. So really, your best bet would be to use some fabric glue. Just be sure to protect the rest of the doll so that none of if gets elsewhere on her skin, as it'll be very difficult if not impossible to remove.

You could also contact 8th Wonder about purchasing a replacement patch, and just remove the old one entirely (carefully, with a hobby knife and acetone). Back when I did mods for the Teddy Babes Store, I ordered the demo doll with the pubes unattached, so I could put them on with double-stick tape for a "before" photo without having to worry about residual glue marks on the bare version. And given that EW offers replacement lips and eyes, I'm sure they'd sell you pubic patch as well.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks Ian! I was thinking about this as well. Since there is still a thick layer of glue remaining on the patch, sewing would be a bit more difficult verses sewing a standard piece of cloth or felt. The patch is not all the way off, but it has peeled back about half way. So it wouldn't take much to reattach it. One of the nipples seems to be 1/4 off as well. Are the nipples glued on the same as the pubes?

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

No, the nipples are sewn, and for that you'll need the above-mentioned ladder stitch. Probably best to secure the broken ends of the existing thread as well, unless you wanna remove the outer stitch entirely and start from scratch. Either way, be sure that the single stitch on the center underside of the nipple is intact so it lays flat against her breast instead of puffing up loosely. And while you may not need quite so many, it's still a good idea to pin the nipple in place. Though unlike with the doll below (who had just received a breast reduction), you'll have the advantage of the imprints of the original stitch to guide you:

Image Image

The video that Karrot posted is, I believe, the very same one via which I learned the ladder stitch. This diagram might also help you visualize how it works, though you should still refer to the video for the actual technique:

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks again Ian and everyone else for the help. Luckily the patch and nipple are still attached, but I suppose the sooner they can be properly reinforced the better. I've seen 100 year old teddy bears so there is no reason Teddy Babes couldn't survive that long as well. Especially when properly taken care of. :D

INFORMATIONS