teddy-babes.com

Got my Teddy Babe!

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Got my Teddy Babe!

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the information and ideas on here that led me to getting a Teddy Babe. She's an Audrey Deluxe and she's amazing.

Also, I wanted to say that I couldn't be happier with the service from Eighth Wonder. I'd heard some mixed reviews as far as communications and whatnot, but I had some questions and special requests and it was never more than a few hours before I got a response. Not to mention how fast they got her out. I think it was 9-10 days after I ordered her- and I paid via mail too, so that's pretty impressive.

Originally FedEx said the delivery date was Friday, but then that didn't happen so I figured she wouldn't come until today. Which was fine with me as I'm in the process of moving into a different house so life is chaotic right now. But then I check my email and she came on Saturday afternoon! It was pretty chilly so I snuck away from work quick to put her inside so she wouldn't get cold. :roll: I know, I'm an idiot, lol. I'm glad I didn't open the box or I don't think I'd have made it back (not gonna lie, I thought about it for a few minutes before I made myself leave).

After work I figured I'd better meet her. It was so amazing actually having her there. Her skin is so soft! Well... I knew it would be soft, but it's like a smooth soft. Like a dog's ear or a horse's nose... not quite either one but sorta like that. I was also surprised how firm she was! I guess I don't know what I was expected, if I thought she was going to be floppy or what. Maybe I just never thought about it. She seems very durable, although I was very carefully trying to learn how her limbs bent and how her skeleton moved. I knew she wouldn't be heavy, but she's even lighter than I expected as well.

Unfortunately I had to go back to my old house to get another load of stuff, so I didn't get to spend the night and sleep with her, but there was perhaps a little practice cuddling to see how that will work. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it. Even worse, I put her back in her box. I don't have a pickup so my parents were gonna help me haul stuff over there this week, and I know we'll have to look in every closet and check everything out (at least big cardboard boxes aren't conspicuous when you're in the process of moving). I felt like such an asshole putting her back in there, but hopefully everything will be settled by the end of the week and then she'll have the run of the house.

All in all I'm totally fascinated and mesmerized by her. I can't wait to spend more time with her and learn more about her. I wouldn't say I necessarily have feelings for her right out of the box, but that's maybe a good thing with all this moving crap going on so I don't have to spend a week pining for her. I'm pretty confident after a week or so of sleep & cuddling that will come though.

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Got my Teddy Babe!

Post by Xephyr »

Can't wait for them pics.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I figured someone might ask that, so I did take a few quick pics. Not a fancy camera or a photographer though, so they're pretty primitive, and some of them were really dark. They didn't look so bad on the camera. I guess I'll have to try to get better pictures some day.
Attachments
After seeing her from the back she looked shockingly real, so I figured I should take a picture.  If not for her goofy posture you'd think it was a real girl!
After seeing her from the back she looked shockingly real, so I figured I should take a picture. If not for her goofy posture you'd think it was a real girl!
IMG_0023.JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 2664 times
Tried another hair style just to see how it would look.
Tried another hair style just to see how it would look.
IMG_0019.JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 2664 times
Modeling her pajamas.  This one again was pretty dark unfortunately.
Modeling her pajamas. This one again was pretty dark unfortunately.
IMG_0017.JPG (1.26 MiB) Viewed 2664 times
Her long hair is gorgeous, but it's already a little tangley.  We tried to get it fixed up a little.
Her long hair is gorgeous, but it's already a little tangley. We tried to get it fixed up a little.
IMG_0025.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 2664 times
Trying on her pajamas.  While awesome, her original outfit (which she's wearing underneath) was... distracting.  I didn't realize how sexy she'd be in person!
Trying on her pajamas. While awesome, her original outfit (which she's wearing underneath) was... distracting. I didn't realize how sexy she'd be in person!
IMG_0007.JPG (2.09 MiB) Viewed 2664 times
Obligatory opening box photo... pretty dark though.
Obligatory opening box photo... pretty dark though.
IMG_0004.JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2664 times

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Congrats! She's really cute!

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Thanks! She seems really expressive, which is pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Sadly I haven't seen her since Saturday, but I'm hoping by Wednesday all this moving crap will be over with (mostly anyway) and then I can start getting to know her!

Euanmancer

Post by Euanmancer »

Happy honeymoon! Enjoy getting to know her, more pictures please.
love is the greatest refreshment in life.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

JackieTreehorn wrote:... I felt like such an asshole putting her back in there
(in the box.) Aw, no need to beat yourself up over it. Just think of the box as her "safe space", and it's just a temporary situation, too.
Besides, I can practically guarantee she'll still be smiling and happy to see you again when she re-emerges. :wink:
JackieTreehorn wrote:All in all I'm totally fascinated and mesmerized by her. I can't wait to spend more time with her and learn more about her.
This is a great phase in doll companionship; enjoy it however it goes! Somehow I imagine your brand-new babe could be a patient and understanding type. Just remember she was made to be with you. She really was!

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

Congratulations!
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

welcome to the plush side.

carly snugglemore and carlys_guy

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Teddybabes are amazingly soft and friendly. They are just great.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Thanks everyone!

Yeah, it'll be alright. Better to have to box her now then after I get super attached to her (assuming I do, pretty confident it will happen). I'm not sure I'd be able to after a certain point. That's a neat thought; she was made to be with me. Lol, yeah, I guess she was!

Yeah, I never thought about it in those terms, but they are friendly aren't they. What makes them so? The facial expression? The fact that they're a plush doll? I really thought hard about what doll I wanted; there's so many gorgeous dolls out there, but I kept coming back to these over and over again. I could have afforded a much more realistic doll, but Teddybabes seem so... friendly. That's the thought I never quite put into words before.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Congrats man! Hope to see more of her.
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Congratulations! And bring on the Honeymoon!

After a couple of nights with her you will find how you most like to lie and sleep together (Jess and I spoon) and you'll wonder how you ever slept without her.

She's a beauty as well! Love the blonde look especially. :thumbs_up:

The stock wigs from 8W do seem to tangle up more then ones from Ebay, but they last long enough if cared for. Just brush it out every day, and maybe tie it in a pony tail or pig tails for bed, as that avoids a lot of tangling.

Hope the move goes well and you get sorted out soon.

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

Xephyr
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Xephyr »

Very nice, congratulations!

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Last night we finally got to sleep together! I didn't sleep all that much, but that's ok. I enjoyed just laying there. I kinda expected that actually. A lot of adjusting around trying to get things right, lol.

I like face to face the best (works better with a doll than a girl since nobody breathes in my face and she doesn't care if I do it to her- plus she's so light I can put an arm under her too and she doesn't cut off the blood flow), at least that's how I usually slept with Hannah. I usually had an arm around her waist and she has an arm around my neck. This is harder to do with Audrey since her arms are not floppy, but we're working on it. Sometimes either my bottom ear gets hot or my top ear gets cold or one nostril gets stuffy or whatever so I roll over and end up being the little spoon, lol. It's easier to just flip over than to move us both around and get resituated. That seemed to work better with Audrey, but we'll get things figured out.

Are there any pictures of a Teddy Babe's skeleton? I just worry sometimes about bending her arms; I'm afraid to break something. Any do's or don't or good advice as far as range of motion?

INFORMATIONS