teddy-babes.com

Going Under

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Sate
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Going Under

Post by Sate »

Evening all,

My deluxe has had some bad staining due to ink bleeding from some of the clothing I purchased over the past year. It has gotten worse after the last dress I bought, so much so that I figured it would be a good time to do a full cleaning of the outer skin, which also meant completely breaking down my doll to the skeleton. It was a fun yet frustrating night (I did all the work in a day), and although the end product was not too satisfying I learned alot about the doll itself.

What I recorded from the work is below for your enjoyment and benefit, and please remember that I am not an expert on teddy babes, or even on working with textiles, but I enjoy hands-on learning more than anything.
The dress I purchased recently passed an ink bleed test and was washed, yet still managed to heavily stain the doll. I think from now on I'll stick with light colors and proven dark materials that don't bleed.
The dress that caused more staining. If only it wasn't a piece of shit... oh well.
The dress that caused more staining. If only it wasn't a piece of shit... oh well.
DSC01276.JPG (91.53 KiB) Viewed 976 times
The arm joint.
The arm joint.
DSC01278.JPG (110.86 KiB) Viewed 976 times
The clip for the joint is pretty simple and likely easy to replace if it breaks.
The clip for the joint is pretty simple and likely easy to replace if it breaks.
DSC01279.JPG (116.82 KiB) Viewed 976 times
How the arm joint looks before taking it apart.
How the arm joint looks before taking it apart.
DSC01281.JPG (112.95 KiB) Viewed 976 times
The neck joint with a secured zip tie. Sorry my foot kinda sticks out in the picture, but I'm not retaking the shot.
The neck joint with a secured zip tie. Sorry my foot kinda sticks out in the picture, but I'm not retaking the shot.
DSC01282.JPG (116.67 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Later.

- Sate
My Dolls
- Elsa Babe 148cm RAD Doll - viewtopic.php?f=541&t=148889

Sate's Doll Archives
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=84142

Special
Action Figures: viewtopic.php?f=64&t=95008
Video Game Models: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130012

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Going Under

Post by KarmaMusic »

Thanks Satevaliere for the great videos, and being brave to clean your Teddy babe, I still think she is a cutey. An d like you said you can still photo her with clothes!
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

INFORMATIONS