teddy-babes.com

Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Nunokodoll
Doll
Doll

Re: Here's my cheap and easy closed eyelids

Post by Nunokodoll »

So, here's my first set of 'lids'. They may be a shade too dark for me. There was no light or neutral colors at the store Lemm went to, so I got this violet to see how it works. While he was there, I asked him to ask them to order several light colors. They said they should be in stock at the beginning of next month.
101_1624.JPG
101_1624.JPG (874.36 KiB) Viewed 7031 times
101_1619.JPG
101_1619.JPG (859.55 KiB) Viewed 7031 times
Nunoko :angel:
Read my stories 'The Blue Dolly' forum! - Nunoko's Albums and videos - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14294 - http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 37&t=55623

add+8
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by add+8 »

Simple but with great results ... good work!

Ursa_Major
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Ursa_Major »

Here's Valerica getting a little shut eye. :evilbat:
DSCF4889 (600x800).jpg
DSCF4889 (600x800).jpg (216.19 KiB) Viewed 6916 times

Nunokodoll
Doll
Doll

Post by Nunokodoll »

Here is a tan set that Lemm just made for me last week.
101_1821.JPG
101_1821.JPG (1.16 MiB) Viewed 6885 times
Read my stories 'The Blue Dolly' forum! - Nunoko's Albums and videos - http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14294 - http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 37&t=55623

bbuster
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bbuster »

Excellent mod! I got my first TBD last week and added eylids. She seems so much cuddlier with her eyes closed :-)

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

I love that picture of her waving at the very beginning of this topic.

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

AirDollPlushDoll wrote:i just wanted to share a picture of my girl sleeping with her eyelids. not trying to bother your thread. just sharing.

i did blue. i want to do a few other colors too. to match cute pajamas and outfits.
Really Nice ADPD! Nicole looks so sweet!
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Even though some are close, I seem to be the first with the deep Bordeaux red:
20140709_233810.jpg
20140709_233810.jpg (339.88 KiB) Viewed 6610 times
Still I have to improve them a little.
PLUS the felt I got is rather stiff, so they really barely hold on and also don't adapt the shape that well. Need to do sth. 'bout that, too.
cu cuddly

spitfire
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spitfire »

Zang wrote:Good point about the marker, tchon. The black permanent marker I use for the eyelids is actually a laundry marking pen, which presumably makes it better for use on fabrics. I see I neglected to mention that before now... my bad!

How about I make up for it with some new doll pix? :D

After seeing how nice the babes on this thread look with a colored "eye shadow" felt, I now prefer that look a little more than the uncolored flesh-tone. The color seems to provide a nice color-balance to the vivid TB lips. It's good that we all have this option!

So for Jayna, I've now made a second set of closed eyelids, colored in a nice "caramel" medium brown, similar to the bit of brown atop the Jessica-model TB eyes... and with a set of store-bought self-adhesive eyelashes, too!
Here's a pic of both closed-eyelid sets:
Jna_eyelids06.jpg
As you can see, these eyelashes don't span the width of the eyelid, but sets like these are the easiest to find. So given this shortcoming, I think they look their best when placed toward the outer corners of each eyelid, since our eyelashes are naturally longer around there.

The effect is still really pleasing, wouldn't you agree?
Jna_eyelids07.jpg
Jna_eyelids08.jpg
Jna_eyelids09.jpg
Gotta say, I'm pleased how this easy little mod has caught on!
Amazing! I'm in awe!! Sweet hair, as well!
I've got to try this... if I can figure out where in seven hells I get eyelashes or felt, of any colour, lol. Sonya would be over the moon...
Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you. - Joey Adams

spitfire
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spitfire »

Ursa_Major wrote:Here's Valerica getting a little shut eye. :evilbat:
DSCF4889 (600x800).jpg
Sweet!
Do not worry about avoiding temptation. As you grow older it will avoid you. - Joey Adams

spitfire
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by spitfire »

cuddly wrote:Even though some are close, I seem to be the first with the deep Bordeaux red:
20140709_233810.jpg
Still I have to improve them a little.
PLUS the felt I got is rather stiff, so they really barely hold on and also don't adapt the shape that well. Need to do sth. 'bout that, too.
cu cuddly
Fascinating hairstyle. Can I ask how/where she got it?

dolldoer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dolldoer »

Here are a set of eyelids I made with a different type of material than felt. It is a craft foam sheeting which I got @ the Dollar Tree store along with the glitter paint. they sell a pack of different color 4" x 6" foam sheets and a package of 6 different color glitter paints. The paint is thick and translucent with very fine glitter in them. The top pair of lids have a bit different eyelash cut, and was my first attempt, but I wanted to show the foam without glitter paint.
20170117_180323.jpg
20170117_180323.jpg (173.59 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
I cut the bottom part of the eyelids with a scalloped scissors and made small straight cuts between each of the scallops. I pressed the edge of a spoon on the top of the cut lashes to make a crease and bent the lashes up slightly. The eyelashes were painted black on the top with india ink, then gave a couple thin coats of the glitter paint. Blue all over and purple towards the bottom for a darker contrast. I put a strip of carpet tape on back of the eyelids to adhere to the TB eyes (the carpet tape can be very agressive so I used a very thin long strip, enough to stay on. It was very hard for me to capture the detail in a photo, but her is the result...
20170117_191701.jpg
20170117_191701.jpg (234.37 KiB) Viewed 4347 times
20170117_191738r.jpg
20170117_191738r.jpg (182.6 KiB) Viewed 4347 times

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Nicely done! They are just the right size, and that's a great job on the glitter effect.

tchon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tchon »

Foam! I never thought about that! Great idea, I will look at my local homework store to see if they have this stuff, too.
Your lady looks happy and relaxed with her lids closed, not to mention very beautiful.

Meanwhile, Nelly is relaxing at day after having to hear me snore in her ears all night ...
at rest, finally
at rest, finally
nelly-eyelids.jpg (47.26 KiB) Viewed 4286 times
The felt is thin enough to hold on to her eyes when not moving, but I have to tiptoe around the house not to wake her up ...

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

tchon wrote:The felt is thin enough to hold on to her eyes when not moving, but I have to tiptoe around the house not to wake her up ...
I've actually caught myself doing that without thinking about it, haha. Especially when she first got her eyelids and I'd usually just leave them on when I got up in the morning. After I came home from work if I had to get something out of the bedroom sometimes I would try to be quite or not turn on the light, then it would hit me and I'd realize how ridiculous it was. It was completely subconsciously; I guess she got pretty real to me, lol.

INFORMATIONS