teddy-babes.com

Question About Eyelids

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Question About Eyelids

Post by JackieTreehorn »

So... I may have kind of, sort of bought a Teddy Babe today. Thanks to everyone for all the information on here by the way. Anyway, I always really liked the pictures of them with closed eyes, so she's definitely gonna need eyelids. Is there anywhere you can buy those, or are they such an odd specialty product you have to make your own? I don't really care about what they cost, but I'm not very artsy... at all... even remotely.

I remember in elementary school everything else came so naturally for me; I was always the first one done on any test and usually had the highest score- all while not really putting much effort into anything. Until it came to some stupid art project. It took me 10 times longer than anyone else and mine was still usually one of the shittiest looking- bottom 10% every time for sure. I remember the last day before Christmas or Easter or Thanksgiving we'd get to watch a movie in class and usually there'd be pizza and cookies or candy or whatever... except for the kids who hadn't finished their art project (or other assignments too, but art was always my problem). So I was always stuck in the other room with the delinquents gluing construction paper into some unrecognizable mess that was supposed to be a Santa or a turkey or a pilgrim, or else coloring a paper egg or some other stupid fuckin' thing.

Anyway, as long as we're at this, I seem to remember people saying how the original wigs are kinda tangley. Would you recommend getting another wig right away? Any other tips from people who have a Teddy Babe? Things you wish you'd have thought of/done/bought right away? She won't be here for a week or two, so I figured I might as well get anything I need right now rather than wait later once I have her and then wish I'd have bought things sooner. I've been clothes shopping most of the day already so she'll have plenty of that- I can already see the Teddy Babe herself is far from the largest expense, lol. Oh well, I'm thinking it will be well worth it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and respond! This forum is such an amazing resource- I don't know where else to find a lot of answers and information and pictures if this place didn't exist.

Hagen of Tronje

Re: Question About Eyelids

Post by Hagen of Tronje »

Hello and welcome to the world of Teddy Babes!

The closed eyelids are extremely simple to make, here is a link:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=34610

Actually I have bought all the materials required (in several colors) already but did not yet find the time and leisure to make some for my Teddy Babe.

It is probably a good idea to get a Kanekalon wig for your Babe. I suggest that you give ebay a try (search for Kanekalon wig and use the "check description" checkbox). If you buy a wig which can easily be resized for different head sizes then you are on the safe side. Note that wigs may leave traces of colors on the head of your Babe if the head of your Babe is wet, e.g. after washing her, so be careful and always dry her and the wig after washing.

With regards to clothing, I suggest to buy at ebay and at 2nd hand shops, otherwise you may spent a lot of money.

Things I found very useful for my Teddy Babe:

- Kanekalon wig with medium or short hair to prevent bad hair day in the morning
- full body stocking suit for bed time to avoid turning her gray due to sweat etc. For me it feels nice and it makes cleaning her much easier.
- long black velvet gloves to avoid being scratched at night (they also look and feel very nice)
- cloth, soap and water for cleaning
- tooth brush for cleaning not so easily accessable parts
- drying rack to place the Babe on while washing her with soap and water, then leave her on to dry
- improved private parts, UR3 or silicone
- Teddy Babes like to cuddle themselves in micro fleece blankets :)

What kind of Teddy Babe are you waiting for ?

Hagen

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Does that mean you have to make them yourself? There's nobody who sells them? Good to know it's easy, but... well I guess if I have to I'll give it a go. Every time I see a picture of a Teddy Babe sleeping- well I don't know why but it's pretty heartwarming.

What's Kanekalon? Or maybe I don't need to know, just look for Kanekalon.

Yeah, the clothes start adding up, but I think she'll be set for awhile. I did find a lot of things on clearance. Originally I meant to keep it more tasteful but... well I found some sales and... well let's just say she'll have a life time supply of bikinis and sexy underwear. I did get some good deals though, lol. I got her some pajamas, which I think I'd prefer to the body stalking, but serve the same purpose. Good thinking though about keeping her clean though. I think one of her outfits came with some long gloves, so maybe she'll just leave them on most of the time.

I read about it some, but I haven't really taken any steps on getting "improved private parts." Maybe I should, especially with her, ah...choice of wardrobe so far, but I wanted her primarily for sleeping with (literally) so we'll just kinda see where things go for now.

She's an Audrey Deluxe. It took me a very long time and lots of soul searching to pick. I'm sure I'd be happy with any of them, but finally I narrowed it down to Carly, Audrey, and Jasmine. I was stuck for quite awhile, but... I don't know, I just went with the Audrey. That extra long hair is probably extra tangly, so the more I think about it I think I'll get her a wig or two right away. While I don't need super long hair like she comes with, it's very important it not be too short either. I'll just either have to do more detangling or else buy more wigs. Long pretty hair is totally worth it as far as I'm concerned. There's few things in life sadder than when a gorgeous girl chops her hair super short.

Hagen of Tronje

Yeah you will need to make the closed eyelids yourself. Buy some sheets of felt in interesting colors, cut a template using paper and start experimenting. Even if you are not good at any crafts you will have some success, it is easy.

Kanekalon is a synthetic fiber which is useful for making wigs that look and feel good, and it is not expensive. You can easily buy several wigs with different hair color and length.

I am impressed to hear that you have invited an Audrey Deluxe to your home. Audrey is in my opinion one of the nicest models in the latest new bunch of TBs. I live with a Jessica Deluxe model, which is somewhat similar in style.

Hagen

ARK ANGEL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ARK ANGEL »

G-day JackieTreehorn.
I bought some extra pussy velour inserts, then used nearly two full eyelashes per lid, stuck with superglue and trimmed.
I stuffed up 2 lots, this is the third go, not perfect but effective, I also use 4 tiny balls of bluetack to keep them in place.
The pink looks rather good on Carly I think.
Sleep10.jpg
Sleep10.jpg (77.12 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
Pete.

Tilly
Doll
Doll

Post by Tilly »

Oh yes, they are easy to do.
Pete did the same for me, then he just photoshopped the color in.
Tillym8b.jpg
Tillym8b.jpg (57.45 KiB) Viewed 1444 times
Ooh... That's a sensual one, mmm...
Cuddles.

Tilly. xxx

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

Ahhhhh... that's a clever way to source material. I'll maybe have to see if I can have them add that on to my order. Thanks for the tip!

Every time I see a picture of a Teddy Babe with her eyes closed... that's just something I think I'll need to get for her.

Hagen of Tronje

JackieTreehorn wrote:Ahhhhh... that's a clever way to source material. I'll maybe have to see if I can have them add that on to my order. Thanks for the tip!

Every time I see a picture of a Teddy Babe with her eyes closed... that's just something I think I'll need to get for her.
It is certainly not bad to order a 2nd plush insert, but you should be aware that a sheet of felt at the art supplies store is about 10 % of the price of an insert, it is rectangular and flat and you can choose from many colors...

Hagen

INFORMATIONS