teddy-babes.com

How have I barely heard of these?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Worf24
Apprentice
Apprentice

How have I barely heard of these?

Post by Worf24 »

Hi, this is my first post here!! I have been lurking for a while, but I finally decided to join. I don't have a doll yet, but have always wanted one. I was looking for some information regarding a real doll, when I stumbled across this forum which led me to the teddy babe store. What I'm kinda wondering though, is how are teddy babes not more well known? It's mindblowing to me that I have just now heard of them. I mean, I don't have one (yet) but they seem way more cuddly and way less creepy than a silicone doll. A while back, I was just testing the waters with my girlfriend and I showed her a pic of a real doll, and she was like "I would be scared to have that in the house, it's too real looking!" After I hears of teddy babes, I showed her a picture of one and she was like, "Aww how cute!!" She didn't even see it as a love doll. I am worried that she'll steal it for herself when I finally buy one, lol.

tl;dr: Teddy babes should be more popular. They are less creepy imo.

FEZMONKEY

Re: How have I barely heard of these?

Post by FEZMONKEY »

Welcome to the land of cuddles.

I only found out about them myself round eighteen months ago and I now own both an original and a deluxe girl. Suggest you have a read through some of the threads on size comparisons and other details before deciding on which type to go for, but either way you are in for a fun time with a teddy babe. in relation to which doll to purchase.

I haven't shown either of my new girls to the wife, but I guess if she ever finds one of them she will be more understanding than if I had a less teddy, more girl like friend in the cupboard. You and your girlfriend can always share :D

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

Worf24 wrote:...I am worried that she'll steal it for herself when I finally buy one...

might I suggest getting her her own*? :whistle: :D

*Canadian TB store has multi pricing. buy more than one for discounted price.

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

I have female friends who love to cuddle up on the couch with my teddy babes. once you experience a plushy snuggle you never want it to stop :D

Karrot
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

Welcome to the forum, Worf24.
I had a different experience; it was the Teddy Babe Store link that led me to the forum, so I'd heard of them first.
Worf24 wrote:They are less creepy imo.
I wanted to mention, you being new n'all, if you happen to dislike a doll or doll type, please be kind in expressing that dislike, as noted in the Forum's Rules of Conduct.
Calling any doll type "creepy" is unkind.
I'm assuming you're referring to the uncanny valley phenomena, but also remember that some member's dolls are very important to them.

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Netwit wrote:Welcome to the forum, Worf24.
I had a different experience; it was the Teddy Babe Store link that led me to the forum, so I'd heard of them first.
Worf24 wrote:They are less creepy imo.
I wanted to mention, you being new n'all, if you happen to dislike a doll or doll type, please be kind in expressing that dislike, as noted in the Forum's Rules of Conduct.
Calling any doll type "creepy" is unkind.
I'm assuming you're referring to the uncanny valley phenomena, but also remember that some member's dolls are very important to them.

Right on Netwit :thumbs_up: Well said mate.

I had Teddybabes for a couple of years before getting my first realistic doll. OK she was 4' tall, but she was very real looking compared to my babes, and it took a while before I could have them all in the same place as she made them look very 'unreal' in comparison. I now have 3 Teddybabes, 1 Anime, and a DSDoll (very real) and have no issues with them being in the same room. It's all down to experience and exposure.

Karrot

Worf24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Worf24 »

Thanks for welcoming me!!
I didn't mean to offend with the creepy comment,
I actually don't find more realistic dolls to be creepy,
I actually want one or two. I just meant the fact that
they look so real can scare me and my girlfriend a little.
My sister's childhood dolls use to scare me, especially at night.

Either way, I will watch what I say from now on. :oops:

I look forward to acquiring a TB that's scary in a good way,
like a Sonya or an Arachna, lol.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Much like Netwit, it was Teddy Babes that led me to TDF (albeit the manufacturer's site, not the Teddy Babes Store), though back then TDF was blocked from showing up on search engines and thus was only accessible by such links. And I only found TBs after my searches for dolls in general led me to a Japanese site that featured plush anime-style dolls, which inspired me to Google "plush love doll" to see if I could find a non-anime equivalent (I guess my preference is more towards Western comic art :wink: ).

Prior to that, the concept of a plush love doll had never even occurred to me. And when you consider that most people are only vaguely aware that solid love dolls are a thing and tend to generically refer to them as "real dolls" (either unaware that RealDoll is a specific maker, or that other makers exist), I'm not surprised that even fewer know about the plush variety.

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Welcome Wolf24! Your fun has just begun.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

You won't be disappointed with the TeddyBabes as I have three cuddle monsters, My sisters have seen them and think they are cute. They are light weight and wonderful to snuggle.
You should get two then your girlfriend would have fun too :-) I have several other dolls and once you play with them the Uncanny seems to go away. Many Forum members really enjoy and treat them with the most respect, and if real girls knew that they would be jelous, or maybe more kind to us :-)
I will never give up my dolls they are to precious and great to look at and come home to. Even my Dad doesn't mind them. I don't hide them any more but keep them dressed nice.
So Teddybabes are great dolls and affordadble too. You can't go wrong :-)

welcome to the Forum.
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

Worf24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Worf24 »

I know there's probably a lot of posts like this, but I thought I'd ask anyway, which TB seems to be the most popular? I am at a total loss, I have no idea who I want. Maybe you gentlemen can help. I definitely want a TBD, I know the extra time spent saving up cash will be worth it. I am really interested in Sonya, Jasmine, Jessica, Audrey and/or Bianca. What helped you guys decide?

Sotaichou
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Sotaichou »

well. probably the eyes for me.

chose tb standard Lisa = green eyes (red head)

chose tb deluxe Tina = blue sultry eyes

chose tb deluxe Sonya = vampire eyes/fangs :D

It is tough, it's like you want them all, so it's safe to say you really can't go wrong w/ whichever you choose. :mrgreen:

/g'day.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Want to see more shots of me ladies?...Head to: The Doll Album | The K TEAM Thread | Karamina's Thread | The Kyanna Project

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

If your going to get a Teddy babe you have made a great choice, now as to which is the most popular?

You will want to get the one YOU like but then there is no harm in getting more than one!
;)

I am biased though as I have Sonya and Jessica staying with me,...
:)

What helped me decide?
I loved that these girls are cute and cuddly so I had to have the ones I liked!
So now I have 4,.... for now!

Welcome to the forum, and the fun.

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

the eyes were what captured me. Jess is a Carly deluxe and those hazel eyes kept drawing me back from the Lisa and Jessica models.

Remember, they are all basically the same, just different eyes, lips, nipple colour, and pubic patch. Wigs can be changed, so really you just need to figure out what features you like, and add the hair style and colour you love most .

As for uncanny, heres a quick comparison to show that Teddybabes can be just as uncannily real as a silicone girl

Cindy, my little tearaway Cindy Standard
017.JPG
017.JPG (155.39 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Xiaoli, my gorgeous DS160plus
IMG_1711.JPG
IMG_1711.JPG (105.56 KiB) Viewed 2491 times
Maybe not as realistic, but definitely just as 'alive'

Karrot

Worf24
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Worf24 »

Thanks again all of you for welcoming me and for the tips. Since the lips, nipples and eyes and pubes are what makes them different I think this helps narrow it down to Jasmine, Jessica, and/or Sonya. Good choices Playtime! I really am into Sonya she'll probably be my first, buy why end the party there, lol I find myself wanting them all like Sotaichou said.

You are SO right Karrot, Teddy Babes can be uncanny too, lol!

INFORMATIONS