teddy-babes.com

Can someone check these TB classic dimensions for me?

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Jeremy_Spoke

Can someone check these TB classic dimensions for me?

Post by Jeremy_Spoke »

Hello!

I'm considering a purchase of a TB classic. Unfortunately my storage options are very limited, so I need to be 100% sure my doll will fit where I plan to store her.

There are many measurements topics here, but all of these just inform about the bust and buttocks size, and what I need is the "depth" of the doll in these areas.

I know that the doll can be flattened, it's a teddy after all ;) but still I would not like to keep her squashed all the time.

I'm attaching a picture where I've sketched on the dimensions. I think that the photo is of a Deluxe model, but I'm asking about the dimensions of a Classic TB.

Thank you!

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Can someone check these TB classic dimensions for me?

Post by Zang »

Hello and welcome, Jeremy -- you're asking a good question. Come to think of it, those particular measurements can be useful for all types of dolls.

Here's those measurements on my original-size ( "classic" / "standard" ) Teddy Babe:

A= 8 inches (~20 cm)
B= 6.5 inches (~16.5 cm)

If some other TB partners can corroborate this with their similar TBs, that'd be welcome. :turn-l:
Jeremy_Spoke wrote:I know that the doll can be flattened, it's a teddy after all ;) but still I would not like to keep her squashed all the time.
Oh, definitely don't do that!! :puppydogeyes: She'd never forgive it -- no snuggling EVARRR!!
(j/k -- I don't think you would anyway!)

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

I can't confirm B just like that, but A is around 19cm (so just under 8") on Lian. But I don't know if her nose does protrude a little furter? Will check if I'm not distracted in the meantime :whistle: :lol:

CU cuddly

Jeremy_Spoke

Post by Jeremy_Spoke »

Thank you for the answers!

I was hoping that it would not be more than 20 cm, because that is my storage limit.

However, I did not expect that the head and nose can be bigger than the bust;) but I guess that the head is softer than the rest and can take some compression?

See you!

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Okay, I have to ask, are you purchasing a pre-owned Teddy Babe from a TDF member? Because "Classic" and "neo-Classic" are informal nicknames given to previous versions of standard Teddy Babes (2006-2009 and 2009-2011, respectively). I have both as well as the most recent version, so if you don't mind waiting 'til later today (I'm on my way out the door and can't access TDF from work, nor will I have my dolls with me for reference :roll: ), I can provide the measurements you need.

Oh, and regarding the head versus body softness, my two Classic TBs have firmer heads than bodies, while my neo-Classic and two recent standards have softer heads than bodies, and one of said standards in turn has a softer head than the other. Meanwhile, the bodies themselves seem to have gotten progressively firmer, as even my Classic made in 2006 is squishier than the one from 2009 despite seeing very little "use" by her previous owner (they do soften over time as you cuddle and play with them).

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

oneparrot2many
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by oneparrot2many »

Hello, I would not suggest flattening your baby , Because she will not like it and will not flatten at all. She likes to keep her figure like she was given and will give you much pleasure in response.. Welcome to the forums.

Jeremy_Spoke

Post by Jeremy_Spoke »

I forgot to say that I'm planning to buy a new TB, which means it will be a neo-classic. Thank you for the reminder!

Are the dimensions significantly different? I thought it was mainly about total doll height between the old and the neo?

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Jeremy_Spoke wrote:I forgot to say that I'm planning to buy a new TB, which means it will be a neo-classic. Thank you for the reminder!

Are the dimensions significantly different? I thought it was mainly about total doll height between the old and the neo?
Actually, a new doll will just be a regular standard. As I mentioned above, neo-Classic is just a nickname given to a previous version, in this case the transitional design between the original and current versions. Not only did they lengthen the legs for the neo-Classic, but they also have wider hips and a rounder butt than the Classic dolls. But the newest version seems to be a complete redesign: taller, but also more slender:
sizecomparison.jpg
sizecomparison.jpg (296.14 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
The doll you get would be most like the blonde, Beverly...who, incidentally, I just measured:
Depth: 8"/20cm (deepest point back of head to nose)
Width: 15"/38cm (widest point arms just below shoulders)
Height: 51"/130cm

So there you have it. You'll need a bare minumum of 20 x 38 x 130 to store your doll. Like oneparrot2many said, you really don't wanna squash her. Not only can this distort her form, but it can stress her seams and her neck and shoulder joints as well.

Oh, and do note that in addition to the breast reductions on Gwen and Karen, I also gave all my dolls custom fleece pubic hair, lest you worry that your doll will be that bushy... :wink:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

guy6
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by guy6 »

I just did some measuring and I arrive at the conclusion that to comfortably store my TedyBabe I would need some box with dimentions 20 x 45 x 135 cm. I am a bit unsure what type I have, I bought a "Classic" from Fleshligh France.

cuddly

Post by cuddly »

Thank you, NotMyName, for enlightening me here as well (and the in many respects great picture... so much plush *purr*):
Somehow it slipped my mind or I simply didn't know of the third step of evolution - the Standards! I always thought they all were simply Neo-Classics after the Classics... Thanks again. So Lian is certainly a Standard then.

I also can't explain why I didn't come across this piece of information before! I browsed the TB sections of both here and UKLDF multiple times, opening many many threads, then reading through those that seemed interesting/funny/resourceful/whatever. Strange.

Now concerning a part of the topic of this thread:

I have Lian with me since last June (2014), so she should be of the current evolutionary step. Though her body was terribly firm - so much so that I left a whole small BAG full of stuffing out of her torso and boobs when she underwent the skeleton exchange - her head was (and still is, of course) certainly firmer than her body! Resewing her after the surgery was certainly more difficulty at the head than at the on purpose softened body! I can even compare it to the original amount of stuffing, because I did the shoulder joints before and restuffed her completely, leaving out only about two open fists full of stuffing as an failed attempt to soften her rack. All resolved now, though.

CU cuddly

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

Okay, I just feel like like pointing out that, technically, ALL of the smaller Teddy Babes are standards. That's what Eighth Wonder calls them on their site. People here on TDF began informally referring to the originals as Classic TBs when the Deluxe was introduced, and I recall referring to the version introduced in August 2009 as neo-Classics and it stuck. The design was again changed to the current version at some point in 2011 (hanuman37 got his neo-Classic Pris in January and my Gwen arrived in November, so that's as specific as I can get :P ). So maybe we need a nickname for the current version as well...post-Classic, perhaps?...especially if EW decides to again significantly alter the design in the future.
guy6 wrote:I just did some measuring and I arrive at the conclusion that to comfortably store my TedyBabe I would need some box with dimentions 20 x 45 x 135 cm. I am a bit unsure what type I have, I bought a "Classic" from Fleshligh France.
That seems like a good idea, to give yourself a little extra space just to be sure. And for my fellow metric-impaired 'Murrikans, that's about 8" x 18" x 53".

Meanwhile, have any of you considered the possibility of simply not storing them? I realize it's not a feasible option for everybody due to things like conservative relatives or roommates, inquisitive children* who might accidentally discover their anatomical correctness, or "friends" who enjoy mocking each other's eccentricities (though that word is in quotes for a reason :whistle: ). But for the rest of us, simply keeping them dressed in modest, everyday clothing is often more than adequate "concealment". :wink:

* I don't recall who it was, but a member once recounted forgetting to lock his bedroom door when his children were visiting for the weekend, only to find his young daughter snuggled up between his TBs...and his explanation of them causing her to later announce to her older brothers that "Dad's teddy bears are girls with boobs!". :lol:

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

Zang wrote:Hello and welcome, Jeremy -- you're asking a good question. Come to think of it, those particular measurements can be useful for all types of dolls.

Here's those measurements on my original-size ( "classic" / "standard" ) Teddy Babe:

A= 8 inches (~20 cm)
B= 6.5 inches (~16.5 cm)

If some other TB partners can corroborate this with their similar TBs, that'd be welcome. :turn-l:
Jeremy_Spoke wrote:I know that the doll can be flattened, it's a teddy after all ;) but still I would not like to keep her squashed all the time.
Oh, definitely don't do that!! :puppydogeyes: She'd never forgive it -- no snuggling EVARRR!!
(j/k -- I don't think you would anyway!)

A and B for Deluxe?
I may have a box 20 cm high about 8"(little less.)

tubbienine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by tubbienine »

Notmyname, thanks for posting that invaluable photo of the dolls. That should be a sticky! I had no idea there were such variations.

I think the current version "standard" looks great. They shouldn't mess with it at this point. The Deluxe ones need the work but Standard ones have curves in all the right places.

t9

titjob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by titjob »

I need A and B for deluxe.
sorry bad English... :?

INFORMATIONS