It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:40 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CANDY8TEEN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:32 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

As a internet "seller" this is how a PayPal claim worked on my end.

I actually DID send the $75.00 value pkg, insured via Postal service, to the buyer.
The postal service lost the small pkg.
The buyer filed a PayPal claim against me within 2 weeks.
Even though my hands were tied to file a claim for lost pkg w/ the PO for 1 month from shipment.
I would have just filed a PO claim at the given time and sent the buyer a refund.

PayPal contacts me and ask for proof I sent the package, etc.

BTW: The buyer paid via the "Goods & Services" format.
If C18 had you send $ as "Friends & Family" gift, sorry, but you are probably out.
And IF payment was sent as gift, why PP would allow one person to be receiving so many large payments from separate individuals I have no clue.

I took a picture of my Postal receipts and a screen shot of the Postal tracking information, but I guess that wasn't even enough as they judged against me.
I had already withdrew my money out of my PP account "BEFORE the buyer filed a claim against me" to pay bills so PP levied a balance due on my account.

I finally got the $ for the lost pkg from the US Postal "that was a major pain" and settled up my PP account.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
What do we learn from this?
Possibly, that even IF C18 PP account is $ 0.35 credit "Like mine was", you might still get some $ from PP. They will just file a claim against C18. How much PP will pay out on the hopes that C18 will settle the account I have no clue?

PP did harass me via some phone calls from collection agencies and received a letter from a claim company that I could settle for less and get out of PP, but IF I wanted to use them again, I would have to pay the remaining balance if full.
My being in the mail order biz for 18 yrs and being in the right, I would not settle w/ PP if it was $5.00 and I told them so. LOL
I'm certain PP would not take me to court over $75.00.

Does, C18 have 10K in their account or $0.02?
Will PP issue out $8K in credit on the faith they can get it out of C18?
Can C18 drop that e-mail and use a new e-mail & bank account to set up a new PP account? Probably.

----------------------------------
She's cute, sweet and oh so fine.
It took awhile, but now she's mine.
Her nuts and bolts always on call.
She's my hottest little junk built doll.

Sung to the tune "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" Jim Croce RIP
---------------------------------------
“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”
Mark Twain
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:36 pm 
Former Member

Reading the C18 threads, it gives me a "Nigerian" taste in my mouth. It seems they are relatives of Amy's Baking Company.

People, file a lawsuit against them, this people belong in jail with their lame excuses.

And that 'couple of friends" which has died? Its all sucked out of his thumb unless i see proof of it. A couple is more then one, that would eb a big, big thing if those people are killed by murder or an (traffic?) accident. Anyway, there would be left traces at the local press about it.

I am a fraud victim myself (not doll related) and i know how it feels. Stick together, that gives you guys the best chance.

EDIT;

maybe it is not a bad idea to inform WM Dolls about this case, its also their name which is dragged through the mud as well.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:13 pm 

james 1966 wrote:
''Dolls were never my thing, it may be yours''.....wow....just....wow........... :?

Agreed. The idea that someone would make a product and target a community with it while having no real interest in the product they're making is quite disturbing.

-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:28 pm 

deadpringle wrote:
james 1966 wrote:
''Dolls were never my thing, it may be yours''.....wow....just....wow........... :?

Agreed. The idea that someone would make a product and target a community with it while having no real interest in the product they're making is quite disturbing.

I saw an unboxing of one of their Taffy dolls that was just gruesome.

It's called "holier than thou". There are people who, in order to feel good about themselves, must find others who don't live up to certain expectations. It's an ancient concept. For some reason, humans take it upon themselves to "compel" others to think as they do and will resort to various tactics to "punish" dissidents. Their world is not one of individuals, but of conformists- Stepford_CT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:24 pm 

deadpringle wrote:

You mean like Muslims and Mormons who own liquor stores?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:42 am 
Doll Forum Site Manager
Doll Forum Site Manager

Please keep this thread on-topic! And keep it nice.

Only posts on outstanding orders, others will be removed.

TDF Management is trying to resolve the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Stupid me waited too long and of course PayPal denied my dispute. Sarah Jestings (of C18 ) gets $665 and I get the shaft

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:51 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Grassmann66 wrote:
Stupid me waited too long and of course PayPal denied my dispute. Sarah Jestings (of C18 ) gets $665 and I get the shaft

I feel for you, Grassmann...I am only out $225 but the experience is otherwise the same. As I have said before, I doubt that we will see anything for the money we laid out...that's reason and logic talking. That said, and because there are no other options other than continuing to yell at Mike via email (which has already proven to be woefully ineffective), I am content to sit back and monitor this situation in hopes that the forum management succeeds in accomplishing something behind the scenes for restitution, or some partial credit allowance for purchase of another product by another vendor, or whatever might occur.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:59 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Does anyone have any contact information for mike or tim? Or even sarah? Address, phone number, city, state, last name? I filed a complaint with the FTC against C18 and that really, really sucks, because thats not going to get my $$$ back and we all know, now, that mike could care less, he was only ever in it for the money, "cuz dolls aint his thing, yo."
It's just more negative attention to dolls and doll vendors thanks only to mike tim and sarah. I sincerely hope they choke on it.
But they wont. They don't care in the least. They sure made a lot of pretty sounding noise, pretending to have character...(!)
I'm sure it made 'em feel all warm and fuzzy inside babbling on and on about how honest, trustworthy, and passionite about dolls he was
(Ye- ahh. O-k. Wut evah)
He really did have his shpeel down, though. Sure sounded legit to me, how about you?
Uncanny how he could sound so genuine when every word he said or wrote was absolute, utter bullshit.
Mike, you missed your calling. You should have been a polititian!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:02 am 
Active Poster
Active Poster

Wow, with all of the many, many reported and shared negative [current] experiences with C18, why do they still have a place on this forum?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:04 am 
Staff
Staff

We received three reports of non-delivery of orders placed this year and two reports on cases from a few years ago.

TDF Management is trying to mediate. We will focus on the orders of 2016 and ask for a full refund or immediate order fulfilment.

This thread will be locked. If you have an outstanding order and haven't posted in this thread, you might send a PM to TDF_Management.

ICQ Send private message