It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:49 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CANDY8TEEN
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:22 pm 
Staff
Staff

Mike of Candy18teen informed us:
Candy8teen wrote:
We are going to sell all the molds
I am sick of making dolls. a cuple of friends of mine have been killed and I am moving back home To MA.
Dolls where never my thing it may be your. [....]

TDF Management is trying to get more information from Mike regarding outstanding orders and future business.

If you have an outstanding order at C18, please inform us. Post in this thread or send a PM to TDF_Management.

ICQ Send private message  

Post subject: Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CANDY8TEEN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:06 am 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

''Dolls were never my thing, it may be yours''.....wow....just....wow........... :?

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:27 am 
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Don't worry, guys. I trust that refunds will be issued.

Because they'd have bigger problems than just the loss of a few friends when fraud gets reported and throw into the mix.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:47 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Xephyr wrote:
Don't worry, guys. I trust that refunds will be issued.

Because they'd have bigger problems than just the loss of a few friends when fraud gets reported and throw into the mix.

I'm not as sanguine as you are, Xephyr. Given the nature of the product, I would think that most people would not report the fraud to law enforcement. If they have options with a payment servicer (not timed out, like mine has) then yes, that would certainly be reported and dealt with through the payment servicer's system and policies. But if that is no longer an option, then all we really are relying on is the ethics of those involved...Like I said, I'm not as sanguine.

AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:14 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Maybe a Mod of TDF could act as a financial mediator in the issue. Set up a escrow account for any $ that C18 is willing to give to be distributed to any members who have not received their doll. Of course this will probably result in each claimant only getting a percentage back of what they sent out.

----------------------------------
She's cute, sweet and oh so fine.
It took awhile, but now she's mine.
Her nuts and bolts always on call.
She's my hottest little junk built doll.

Sung to the tune "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" Jim Croce RIP
---------------------------------------
“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.”
Mark Twain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:32 pm 

So is C18 really done for? The site looks like they're pivoting to become distributors of TPE dolls from the likes of WMDoll and YLdoll. Can they swap out the original orders for one of those dolls instead per the customer's choosing and handle any monetary differences accordingly? Just as another option.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:13 am 
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Mike is closing Candy8teen. Ron and I own some of the molds.

<removed, Rule 3>

Candy8teen has been around a long time and been trusted Mike never ran Huge sales and taken money.
If you people know anything you would know this would be the time of year for him to have done that.
last years Black Fridays sales where crazy high. So if the intend was to fraud anyone this would be the time to do so not the time to close.

Edit by Nescio50: this is a post by Tim on behalf of C18.

Last edited by Nescio50 on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed violation of Rule 3.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:39 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Yes, I have an outstanding order at c18
Paid $600 plus $65 shipping for a "Pam" doll I never received. Just lies, excuses and sob stories. Now I'm told I can "complain to an mt email", which I think means an empty e-mail account...
(Illiterate as well as lacking any sense of ethics )

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:36 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Interesting. If they are going out of business, why do they still have a web site up hustling more orders?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:21 pm 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

So Ron and Tim own "some" of the molds, but not all. Which ones? And who has been responsible for manufacturing, quality control, and order tracking for the last year? Mike? Tim? Ron? Sarah J? Those four are the names I have seen here or in my own communications with Candy8Teen, but their responsibilities within the business are obscure except for two: PayPal payments go to Sarah, and Mike communicates (often poorly) with customers. Does anybody within Candy8Teen communicate with each other? Certainly no one seems to have taken responsibility when an order falls through the cracks. If we assume that all the molds go to Ron and Tim, and a new firm is formed, who (if anyone) will take responsibility for unfilled orders placed before the closure of Candy8Teen and either refund them or produce the product in a timely fashion and ship it (with valid tracking) in a fashion that ensures arrival without damage?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:44 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

I really hate to use TDF to settle up with Mike and Candy8teen, but I've run out of options. Waaaaay back in 2013/2014 I sent Mike a payment of $1700 to be used for the development of a silicone version of the "Taffy" foam doll. This payment was to ensure that I received the first "Taffy 2.0" produced. Alas the "Taffy 2.0" project did not fan out and I am left with nothing to show for my "investment/contribution". All my communications with Candy8teen/Mike regarding this doll/project were via TDF PM's ... and those have fallen off my "PM Board". If it is possible to "revive/restore" these purged/archived PM's, I would like to go through them to find all the conversations regarding this project and my contribution. Otherwise I have very little proof to go forward other than a photocopy of check sent and cashed by C-18.

Thanks for listening.

Von

Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:15 am 

I ordered one of the oops dolls, I have received no communication from candy8teen. I have started the paypal claims process.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:50 am 
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Mike was extremely rude to me via PM when trying to get an answer as to where my Taffy doll was which I paid for on July 6th. $700 is still outstanding inclusive of shipment to UK! Two threads I posted on got rude replies from Mike and the threads were shut down.

If TDF can help, great, but a gentle leaning on C18 is going to get nowhere. Mike said in one of the threads that he only posted here because friends asked him to and he couldn't care if he got booted off the forum.

The C18 website says two different percentage cancellation fees (40% and 48% I think if I remember) so it was still worth trying to get the doll and resell unused but that doesn't ever seem likely!

My PayPal times out in January so I may still have a chance that way of getting my money back.

DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
And 14, no, 16 ‘Stay still you lot’ little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:35 am 
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

I have my doubts that anyone will see either a doll or any refund from this point on. Mike is pissed off and wants to disappear, and those who may be purchasing his molds appear to have no inclination to honor his prior commitments to customers. If you have a PayPal option, unlike me, I suggest you use it immediately.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:01 pm 
Doll Forum Site Manager
Doll Forum Site Manager

NotDave wrote:
I ordered one of the oops dolls, I have received no communication from candy8teen. I have started the paypal claims process.

Hi NotDave, thank you for letting us know. We do hope PayPal will be able to get you refunded.

AIM Send private message  

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next