ZD's Drow Elf / Dark elf beauty

We turn dreams into reality!
ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: ZD's Drow Elf / Dark elf beauty

Post by ZannyDanger »

Hey CL, I totally agree!! the YL148 body looks very, very interesting and i think it lends itself very well to this type of fantasy build! Of course it fits perfectly with the Allura head as well... definitely an appealing combo! I'm really looking forward to seeing Cloves take shape in the future! Maybe Cloves and Malena can both have their own accounts and start conspiring to take over the surface world together eventually lmao!

:evilbat: :haha4: :evilbat:

I was originally going to go for something very dark as well for her skin tone, but eventually changed my mind for something a bit lighter. This would definitely work i think for a good, super sexy almost jet black skin tone:

:glou:

ZD

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Welp this project might have just hit a small bump.

WM just told us that they aren't able to make the skin tone i requested.
Will have to consider other options depending on what they can do.

Bit of a downer, but no worries... i'm sure Jeff and I will find a way to make it happen!

ZD

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Noooooooo....

And bit of a downer? The skin colour makes the drow doll.....kinda of a major deal really :(

Keep us updated....is it just the colour you wanted or they having trouble staining/dying TPE?

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

They probably couldn't get it right since it didn't have much color in it.

I have submitted a few variations with a bit of blue and purple in the tint to see if they can make those.
Otherwise we might have to go darker like the picture in my post on top of this page.

Agreed, i was reaaaaally liking the grey one i submitted in the first place, it's disappointing that they can't make it but there are other options so we'll see :)

The other ones i submitted are these:

ZD

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

ZannyDanger wrote:Maybe Cloves and Malena can both have their own accounts and start conspiring to take over the surface world together eventually lmao!
Definitely! Though it may be a while. I ran myself out of money and I don't have a place for her in the house yet anyway. Both things I hope to solve over the coming months, but one step at a time.

I read you were having skin tone problems, that's not a surprise, really - I know things out of the ordinary are tough when you're trying to run a competitive manufacturing company. I'll only do it if I can get the ears right and if I can get a very dark purple/black. So probably good that I'm not trying for it right now anyway.
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

sdl44

Post by sdl44 »

Could you not use something like a food colouring watered down and sprayed on? would probably need several coats and be allowed to dry between each.
Probably wouldn't work with water based stuff. Maybe try it on an old bit of tpe.

Or food colouring, fabric dye, etc, mixed with talc, allowed to dry then lightly brushed on in several coats?

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

sdl44 wrote:Could you not use something like a food colouring watered down and sprayed on? would probably need several coats and be allowed to dry between each.
Probably wouldn't work with water based stuff. Maybe try it on an old bit of tpe.

Or food colouring, fabric dye, etc, mixed with talc, allowed to dry then lightly brushed on in several coats?
Something that did cross my mind also...given how TPE loves to stain. I guess the big difficulty would be getting an even colour spread everywhere?

Cloves
Doll
Doll
Location: CinnamonLover's fertile imagination and wistful dreams

Post by Cloves »

CinnamonLover wrote:
ZannyDanger wrote:Maybe Cloves and Malena can both have their own accounts and start conspiring to take over the surface world together eventually lmao!
Definitely! Though it may be a while. I ran myself out of money and I don't have a place for her in the house yet anyway. Both things I hope to solve over the coming months, but one step at a time.

I read you were having skin tone problems, that's not a surprise, really - I know things out of the ordinary are tough when you're trying to run a competitive manufacturing company. I'll only do it if I can get the ears right and if I can get a very dark purple/black. So probably good that I'm not trying for it right now anyway.
Take your time and get me right, CinnamonLover, but I won't wait forever, either. I'll exist. Oooooohhh I'll exist. And the moment Malena wants to start plotting, I'm ready. Though some revenge will have to be taken upon my mother, and those who would have used me as a bargaining chip/play thing. More on that in the future when I can "come out of hiding" and begin the long, delicious work of making them pay.
Put on your big girl pants and suck it up, Buttercup.
And for the record, cloves smell better than cinnamon.
And though I am not featured until page SIX, CinnamonLover has created an Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

sdl44 wrote:Could you not use something like a food colouring watered down and sprayed on? would probably need several coats and be allowed to dry between each.

Hmm that's an interesting idea... but to be honest i would be wayyyy too scared to mess her up if it goes wrong to try it haha!
Could definitely work though!

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Cloves wrote:
Take your time and get me right, CinnamonLover, but I won't wait forever, either. I'll exist. Oooooohhh I'll exist. And the moment Malena wants to start plotting, I'm ready. Though some revenge will have to be taken upon my mother, and those who would have used me as a bargaining chip/play thing. More on that in the future when I can "come out of hiding" and begin the long, delicious work of making them pay.
Definitely do!! I really like your skin tone dear, hope it comes out the same when you take your physical form and that CL doesn't have to compromise on it!! I'm sure Malena will be more than happy to assist you in your quest for justice, she too is well versed in the fine arts of Drow scheming! :twisted: I already know that you two will get along just fine! :wink:

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

Alas, my own experience with attempting to change skin tone was a futile disaster. It was impossible to get it smooth and even, and while the color itself was what I wanted, and the doll certainly -looked- stained, the stain never fully took and would leave its mark on me and any clothes and anything else she touched. And then in the first oil bath... gone. Well, when I say gone, I mean in uneven stretches of goopy, gloppy, shmeg and residue all over me and the cotton swatches and the towels.

It was an unmitigated disaster.
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

sdl44

Post by sdl44 »

Maviarab wrote:

Something that did cross my mind also...given how TPE loves to stain. I guess the big difficulty would be getting an even colour spread everywhere?
Probably too much trouble but....How about a bath of something to stain the TPE? You'd need to seal the openings, feet, neck and the other 2. Also she'd need to be suspended somehow. Then there's the "how long to soak her' question.

Here's something I've used before (the silicone pigment) but this is added to the silicone before its mixed. Unknown if it would stain TPE or if it would then come off and stain everything it touched.

http://www.mouldlife.net/pigment--painting-52-c.asp

You could contact them and ask it they've any knowledge of TPE and how to stain/colour it.
Or... maybe better
Contact the dude that runs this site. Think he has something to so with studio props, make-up, masks, etc.

https://www.neillsmaterials.co.uk/neill ... ge/advice/

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

CinnamonLover wrote:Alas, my own experience with attempting to change skin tone was a futile disaster. It was impossible to get it smooth and even, and while the color itself was what I wanted, and the doll certainly -looked- stained, the stain never fully took and would leave its mark on me and any clothes and anything else she touched. And then in the first oil bath... gone. Well, when I say gone, I mean in uneven stretches of goopy, gloppy, shmeg and residue all over me and the cotton swatches and the towels.

That all sounds very messy and rather unpretty :(

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

CinnamonLover wrote:Alas, my own experience with attempting to change skin tone was a futile disaster. It was impossible to get it smooth and even, and while the color itself was what I wanted, and the doll certainly -looked- stained, the stain never fully took and would leave its mark on me and any clothes and anything else she touched. And then in the first oil bath... gone. Well, when I say gone, I mean in uneven stretches of goopy, gloppy, shmeg and residue all over me and the cotton swatches and the towels.

That does sound pretty messy CL! I will definitely leave the color up to the manufacturer after hearing about your experience :p
While i'm sure that using some form of dye bath like mentioned above could potentially work, i would only feel comfortable trying this on a throwaway doll first, considering her (monetary and sentimental) value!

Quick update regarding the skin tone,

We're still waiting to hear from WM on the different skin tones provided, but I believe they should be able to come up with something satisfactory.
In the meantime, just to make sure that all the bases are covered, we have begun looking into other options from different manufacturers who have been able to confirm that they have done this kind of skin tone in the past. I would very much prefer to stick with WM though since the Allura head is meant to be the centerpiece for this project. The 160b body is also one of the most fitting and appealing in my eyes which is why i will probably be willing to compromise somewhat on the skin color if it means being able to use the combination i originally intended. Make no mistake though, she needs to be 100%, undeniably Drow in appearance. I'm sure they have done similar skin tones in the past, so they should be able to re-use the formulation with minor adjustments if needed without needing to spend extensive amounts of time developping an entirely new one from scratch... the idea here is to avoid this as much as possible.

In the unlikely case that that WM can't make what i'm looking for at all, there are definitely other interesting brands out there with the experience needed to make this happen. Vivid Dolls would be the likely alternative at this point in time. Their different heads look very appealing to me and their bodies have an incredible amount of detail to them. Not to mention the great quality of their skeletons and good track record in producing jaw dropping fantasy elf dolls.

We will see how it plays out!

ZD

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

There are other options besides WM.
Climax
Vivid
And I will keep on asking and asking
BCD
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

INFORMATIONS