The Life and Times of Shelby

We turn dreams into reality!
Erika
Doll
Doll

Re: The Life and Times of Shelby

Post by Erika »

Hi Shelby,

Alexa told me what happened. That's really unfortunate, breaking your arm and leg with such a silly fall. But the pics and your stories show you can see the bright side of it. That's really amazing! Are you going to get surgery?

Brian can add my wish as well:
"Shelby, you rock! Get well soon. Love, Erika."
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Erika wrote:Hi Shelby,

Alexa told me what happened. That's really unfortunate, breaking your arm and leg with such a silly fall. But the pics and your stories show you can see the bright side of it. That's really amazing! Are you going to get surgery?

Brian can add my wish as well:
"Shelby, you rock! Get well soon. Love, Erika."
Hi Erika! Thanks so much for writing! No - no need for surgery... everything went back into place when they "popped" it, so all it takes now is time in the cast. Actually they told me I didn't break my arm - just a bad sprain, but it sure does hurt using it with the crutches! So I'm starting to get pretty good at "hopping" on one leg instead of using them for short distances, like around the living room. We'll pick a nice spot for your adding your name and wish to the cast when we settle in this evening for TV, and I'll get a photo of it for you tomorrow! Any place in particular you would like it to go?

Catch ya later,
Shelby! :razz:

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Shelby_W wrote:We'll pick a nice spot for your adding your name and wish to the cast when we settle in this evening for TV, and I'll get a photo of it for you tomorrow! Any place in particular you would like it to go?
Hi Shelby,

I was thinking thereabouts:
knee.jpg
knee.jpg (8.26 KiB) Viewed 1491 times
Love,
Erika
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Your cast sure looks good now Shelby :mrgreen:

I can see your problem with short skirts :whistle:

I'm pretty sure Brian don't see the problem though :roll:
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Emma_p wrote:Your cast sure looks good now Shelby :mrgreen:

I can see your problem with short skirts :whistle:

I'm pretty sure Brian don't see the problem though :roll:
He's a fiend! Keeps trying to take shots from the back when I'm trying to practice! The cast is slowly starting to fill in... can't wait to see how "lived in" it looks in a couple weeks!

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Hey Shelby. Sorry to hear about your accident. If it's any consolation, you've got a stylin' cast, and you look cute using those crutches. If I could sign your cast, I'd make it look like an ankle-chain.

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

lilbitlonely wrote:Hey Shelby. Sorry to hear about your accident. If it's any consolation, you've got a stylin' cast, and you look cute using those crutches. If I could sign your cast, I'd make it look like an ankle-chain.
Wow - the ankle chain is a cool idea... have to see if we can do something like that. I'll post some pix if we figure out how to make it look good!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Hi All,

Sorry we faded out for a day or two, but, apparently I have a knack for getting hurt, and it happened again, only this time it will require some expert help!

It all started simply enough... the other day my leg was feeling so much better, so we decided to get back to work on the floor and take a few photos, starting with stuff like this...
OK... I was told this is a "Flooring Puller" tool!
OK... I was told this is a "Flooring Puller" tool!
shelby_137.jpg (3.06 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
How if I KNEW what a "Puller" was for, maybe I could put it to good use, but all I did was stare at it for a while!
How if I KNEW what a "Puller" was for, maybe I could put it to good use, but all I did was stare at it for a while!
shelby_138.jpg (1.94 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
Then since I had no idea what I was doing, we decided to just take a few photos and quite... Brian seemed to think the shorts I was wearing merited a photographic study!
So we moved on to just taking photos instead of working....
So we moved on to just taking photos instead of working....
shelby_139.jpg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
I rolled over to take a few on my tummy (Yes... he was standing over me taking pix of my ass!)...
And I thought I was being so careful to keep from putting my weight on my hands and wrists...
And I thought I was being so careful to keep from putting my weight on my hands and wrists...
shelby_141.jpg (2.98 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
We took another one...
We took another one...
shelby_142.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
And when I rolled over to change poses, this is what I found!
Ouch!!!  Right to the bone!  I also realized I had an abrasion on my knee and ripped my pantyhose!
Ouch!!! Right to the bone! I also realized I had an abrasion on my knee and ripped my pantyhose!
shelby_135.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
This was more than just your basic broken leg, so Brian wrote to Jeff at BCD right away and he was so nice! He talked to Indigo for us, sent us the procedure Indigo sent him for the repairs, and is sending us some TPE glue so we can fix me! I thought that was so nice of him... and we just wanted to thank him publicly and let everyone know what a great job he does!

So, we bandaged my arm almost in a straight position so we would remember not to bend it, 'cos when my arm is straight you can barely even see the cut!
See... can't even see it when my arm is straight!
See... can't even see it when my arm is straight!
shelby_134.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
I took it easy for a day, but I was feeling kind of froggy last night and wanted to wear something nice for bed and TV, so I pulled a pair of white tights on (he keeps the A/C really chilly!)... even over my cast, and put on my pink nightie. Seemed to work... we went to bed early and snuggled! I had to keep pulling the sofa cover over me during Star Trek, though 'cos it was so chilly!
It's hard to dress sexy with a broken leg!
It's hard to dress sexy with a broken leg!
shelby_144.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
On the sofa I used the sofa cover to keep warm!
On the sofa I used the sofa cover to keep warm!
shelby_145.jpg (3.04 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
But the snuggling definitely helped!
But the snuggling definitely helped!
shelby_146.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 1412 times
We'll keep you posted on how the first-aid treatment goes!

TTTL!
Shelby :razz:

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Oh dear Shelby :cry:

That cut looks pretty bad since it's all the way to the bone. You seem to handle it very well but please tell Brian you need to take it slow for a while! :D
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

Ohoh. That does not look good. 8O
But nice to hear you´re getting the supplies to get it healed. I hope they will arrive soon and that you recover well.

Love,
Erika

Holly2017
Doll
Doll

Post by Holly2017 »

You poor girl. I'm crying. Hope everything heals well. Indigo is a smart man so all should be fine. Tell Brian to be careful with that glue, it's powerful stuff. Hugs and kisses-Holly
6ye 150cm D-cup X19

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Emma_p wrote:Oh dear Shelby :cry:

That cut looks pretty bad since it's all the way to the bone. You seem to handle it very well but please tell Brian you need to take it slow for a while! :D
The worst part is I don't even know how I did it! We weren't doing anything crazy... it was just... "There"! But we are going slow and easy... he started the mineral oil treatment Indigo recommended, and then when the glue Jeff is sending gets here we'll be ready to "suture" me up and I should be good as new (I hope!)
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Emma_p wrote:Oh dear Shelby :cry:

Oops! I didn't realize Brian was still logged in from when he entered me in the August portrait contest when I sent that last reply! That was from me, though!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Erika wrote:Ohoh. That does not look good. 8O
But nice to hear you´re getting the supplies to get it healed. I hope they will arrive soon and that you recover well.

Love,
Erika
Hi Erika!

The instructions are already here... Jeff contacted Indigo for us and sent us the details on what we need to do, and the glue from Jeff should be here in a few days. Until then, I'm just enjoying being pampered and not having to do much of anything!

Shelby_W
Doll
Doll

Post by Shelby_W »

Holly2017 wrote:You poor girl. I'm crying. Hope everything heals well. Indigo is a smart man so all should be fine. Tell Brian to be careful with that glue, it's powerful stuff. Hugs and kisses-Holly
Thanks so much Holly. Indigo's instructions made complete sense, so I think I'll be OK. It's a nice, clean cut despite being deep, so I think it should heal without much of a scar.

INFORMATIONS