More Sturdy doll models

We turn dreams into reality!
Jakeelliot100

More Sturdy doll models

Post by Jakeelliot100 »

Hello gentleman. I am a first time doll owner (about 3 or 4 months now). I have a question - which I could probably research myself but I need to make some posting so i can share pictures. I bought a WM Doll. (Love it). I was wondering if there are any dolls there are abit more resistant to wear and tear. Specifically that have better built hands and that can rest on their elbows. I have already beat my doll up abit. I anticipated my first doll body would be sacrificial lamb as I learn to handle it. Have had a few mishaps lol. Still I intend to use the doll for play and for photography and kinda figured the first body would not last more than a year or two. Would be nice to have something a little less fragile. (especially the hands)
Thanks for any advice.
Oh and I really love the WM heads (I have two) is their another that you can put those heads on?
Thanks

IWI
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: More Sturdy doll models

Post by IWI »

I am a newbie, first doll in transit, so cant give you any insights. But I imagine when all gets worn out, for the frugal sake of continued utility, I could see myself resort to plaster casts to keep the TPE in its most useful position, and strong.
She could look like a bad car crash survivor and still offer plenty of goodness. Elbows and knees cast into place , just right.
I plan on being very gentle, but I imagine things will eventually get worn down with use and mistakes.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

No Expert on this subject, but my guess is that most TPE Dolls Up to now have had pretty similar skeletons, (welded steel threaded Rods on some kind of steel framework, joints may or may not have some kind of tech. to them, (ball joint etc.) From what I have seen Silicone Dolls are more likely to have purpose built skeletons of aluminum/steel/PVC/ Fiberglass, Plastic, etc. Which will last is only for Mona Lisa to know... :painting:

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

Jakeelliot100 wrote:Hello gentleman. I am a first time doll owner (about 3 or 4 months now). I have a question - which I could probably research myself but I need to make some posting so i can share pictures. I bought a WM Doll. (Love it). I was wondering if there are any dolls there are abit more resistant to wear and tear. Specifically that have better built hands and that can rest on their elbows. I have already beat my doll up abit. I anticipated my first doll body would be sacrificial lamb as I learn to handle it. Have had a few mishaps lol. Still I intend to use the doll for play and for photography and kinda figured the first body would not last more than a year or two. Would be nice to have something a little less fragile. (especially the hands)
Thanks for any advice.
Oh and I really love the WM heads (I have two) is their another that you can put those heads on?
Thanks
The only ones I know of that are stronger are the silicon ones.

You still need to do research to find out what the hands are like.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

I kinda wonder about this two. I've had Nila for about 3 or so months and although she's still in great condition, I know she's going to show signs soon. Maybe I need silk sheets lol. Less abrasion more slidy-slidy. Her one of her fingers already has a poke that is coming through. I've become even more gentle with her hand and feet especially, and I clean/oil and vasaline her up when we play more often. Powdering constantly is fun too.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

If you look through the forum you will find lots of postings about the fragility of the hands, problems with the skeleton and how easily the tpe can be damaged. Fact is that the technology is improving, maybe not quick enough for some but nevertheless, I can see an improvement in the one year that I've been a doll owner. Like you I made a few mistakes with my YL148, although saying that she still looks good for a year old (once you get a good care regime you will notice the difference). This past week I have had a lovely YL155D move in and the first thing I noticed was that her hands seemed more robust and the fingers feel much less likely to become loose like a few of my first gals have. I would also say that her skeleton feels more sturdy, I'd be interested to hear from anyone else on that point but it just feels thicker to me. Now silicone is said to be more resilient than tpe but a quick look at postings from silicone doll owners will show similar problems with staining and tearing etc. I think, for the money, tpe gals are great, I now have 3 plus another head which I will be getting a body for, I'm keen to get one of the new pregnant gals that I've seen on TDF. It will mean more looking after but it's all part of the fun as far as I'm concerned!

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

I had my Emely for 6 Years before I had any problems.

She is a Ruby 13 old formula.

I bough her with a busted lag to start.

She been road hard and put up wet.

Still gives as good as she takes.

Pantyscientist

Post by Pantyscientist »

Arthur1960 wrote:If you look through the forum you will find lots of postings about the fragility of the hands, problems with the skeleton and how easily the tpe can be damaged. Fact is that the technology is improving, maybe not quick enough for some but nevertheless, I can see an improvement in the one year that I've been a doll owner. Like you I made a few mistakes with my YL148, although saying that she still looks good for a year old (once you get a good care regime you will notice the difference). This past week I have had a lovely YL155D move in and the first thing I noticed was that her hands seemed more robust and the fingers feel much less likely to become loose like a few of my first gals have. I would also say that her skeleton feels more sturdy, I'd be interested to hear from anyone else on that point but it just feels thicker to me. Now silicone is said to be more resilient than tpe but a quick look at postings from silicone doll owners will show similar problems with staining and tearing etc. I think, for the money, tpe gals are great, I now have 3 plus another head which I will be getting a body for, I'm keen to get one of the new pregnant gals that I've seen on TDF. It will mean more looking after but it's all part of the fun as far as I'm concerned!
Well that's promising. One area I really hope holds up in Nila's vagina. Since I don't use her orally, I usually use a hellish amount of lube/vasline/etc to make sure she doesn't rip or tear down there. It's a terrifying thought O_O It's most her hands and feet that are really delicate. I'm thinking skeleton style fingers should be the thing. Fully posable steel three section digits. While expensive, the hands would hold up a lot better. Also this is coming from a place of no knowledge, just pure opnion. Her joints are sometimes a pain to move lol. Her legs are loose and her right arm, but the rest is sweat inducing xP

Jakeelliot100

Post by Jakeelliot100 »

Wow Six years! You are the master! I would gladly give up posable fingers for ones that are posable but flimsy and have rods poking through. Really the one real weak point in the design. You would think someone would design a model that has semi solid hands. As for the idea of the casts - good idea, I was thinking I would end up with braces on elbows and knees. Would be easier to deal with than cast or something hard. I keep sneakers on my doll 24/7. That has helped tremendously with the bottom of the feet. It sure would be nice if there was a way to lock the joints.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Silicone is a little less fragile and easier to repair than tpe. Maybe you should try a silicone babe next time around. DS and Sanhui are good silicone babes. Also heard a lot of good on JMDOLL.
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I can also tell that the hands are made better.
I tell everyone, the perfect doll does not exist.
Most have an Achilles heel.
Even the high end one for sale, you see damage.
I do agree that PS is more sturdy than TPE.
Repairs are easier, but you best do them fast else a small tear can grow.
We carry DS, SH, Z one as well and I own PS dolls as well.
Best,
Jeff and the NCD Girls
"We turn dreams into reality"
I'm only dreaming right? You just ordered her. I thought this was supposed to be one of those long slow waits.Now here today is this lovely face. I can't thank you enough. My dreams are never this fufilling.I've been happy and relaxed, knowing she would someday exist. Now that I see her I am jubilant.With respect and admiration for what you do so well
Thanks! BCD has been amazing! As close to bespoke as you're going to get with TPE, it's almost like getting prescription haha! Thorough, sensitive to your needs and limitations, friendly and thoughtful. Flashy websites are no match for a Jeff's one on one service.
Why I chose BCD; Once I found them I spent a couple months on the forums getting a feel for the ‘temperature’ of the industry, community and it’s members and was generally impressed with all the certified manufacturers, vendors, and community members here, many of whom volunteer their time and expertise willingly to any who ask, I’m sure I could have chosen almost any certified vendor and had a satisfactory experience. But for me Jeff and BCD stood out. Firstly he was based here in the US and additionally because I found him to always be informative and helpful - he always seemed to put the extra effort into helping community members to be as informed as possible, whether they were his customers or not, and he also has a great ‘network’ of community members that he regularly works with to provide many extra services to his customers. On top of that I came across several satisfied customers of his on these forums who had given him glowing reviews of their own. So once my decision was made I reached out to Jeff via email and told him what my goals were.
I chose BCD as my vendor because nearly everyone recommended him above all others and his testaments are longer than my Thesis Paper :lol: I wanted the best vendor for my first (and probably only)doll purchase and he surpassed my expectations!... ....I was extremely apprehensive at laying out a paycheck on something I couldn't see or touch in person, but Jeff made the process extremely smooth and stress free. The ONLY time I wouldn't suggest going through Jeff is if he can't get the doll you want...and he can get a hold of damn near all of them! :mrgreen: He is extremely dedicated to getting you the lady you want exactly the way you want her. He might as well rename the company Bespoke Companion Dolls as far as I'm concerned.As a doll owner himself, he offered several insights and warnings when I was going through the purchasing process, and I found that extremely refreshing as many salespeople want to sell you a product regardless of the outcome. Jeff has a solid-gold reputation and now I know why!
There are so many great vendors on TDF, but none get testimonials quite like we do!
CHECK MORE OF THEM OUT and see for yourself
http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/testimonials.htm

Jakeelliot100

Post by Jakeelliot100 »

Hi Jeff can the WM heads fit on any of those? I could not be happier with the two WM heads. And don't get me wrong the WM bodies are really nice. I want to get another body (so they don't have to share) eventually but want to stick with the same heads. Just seeing what else is out there.

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

Jakeelliot100 wrote:Wow Six years! You are the master! I would gladly give up posable fingers for ones that are posable but flimsy and have rods poking through. Really the one real weak point in the design. You would think someone would design a model that has semi solid hands. As for the idea of the casts - good idea, I was thinking I would end up with braces on elbows and knees. Would be easier to deal with than cast or something hard. I keep sneakers on my doll 24/7. That has helped tremendously with the bottom of the feet. It sure would be nice if there was a way to lock the joints.
The rod never poked through for 6 years move her around a lot.
Here her fix it post http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 62&t=67867

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

She is a Ruby 13 old formula.
His doll was not TPE.
If you want to put a WM head on a PS doll, easiest thing to do is to get a z one w/o heat.
Same connector.
Now, MIC6 has quite an head adapter program going.
You will need to take some precautions with a hybrid doll, but I have sold a Z one head before to a perosn who had a TPE doll.
I have a pre-owned Ruby up for grabs and she would be less than $1225 shipped.
She can be found below
http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/pre_owned.htm
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

So many people wish for ever softer dolls lol.
Firmer doll=more durable usually. I have i have a 2010 silicone doll a 2013 silicone doll. These are immortal silicone! Platinum cure dolls of great quality.
Firmer dolls have the drawback of not being incredibly soft but boy are they gorgeous!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS