A Proper Introduction From Shelby!

We turn dreams into reality!
LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: A Proper Introduction From Shelby!

Post by LaDollyVita »

Was promised a proper introduction... did not leave disappointed!
briwri01 wrote:I'm kinda the quiet, conservative type, so there won't be a whole lot of scantily-clad photos of me - although I do get a little froggy now and then.
And there's why; wonderful! Classy ladies are the cat's meow. :-)
briwri01 wrote:It's barely been 3 days [...] and already I don't think I could live without her.
Brian, a sincere congratulations to you for all the effort to bring Shelby home. She is an absolute treat, and a wonderful addition to your life, no question! Her introduction above hints at her personality and I imagine it won't take long to be fully revealed to you. It's a pleasure to meet her.

For some folks the fire burns bright and cools off in shor order, for others the flame stays lit through thick and thin. I wish you all the best and hope you stick around to let us know how you and Shelby are getting along. Swimmingly, I intend to presume!

All the best. Cheers, LDV

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Hi LDV,

Thanks so much for your post! I spent the evening curled up with Shelby watching TV, and already I'm formulating a "First Week In-Depth look at my time with Shelby, from discovery to choices to being her" I'm just so blown away by the feelings and thoughts I've been having the past few days that I need to share them and see if they are common or unique, and also to perhaps give potential newbies a really "inner circle" look at my thought processes through all of this in case it will help.
Shelby also decided she was going to help with dinner tonight. which made it that much more fun...
shelby_037.jpg
shelby_037.jpg (1.41 MiB) Viewed 906 times
shelby_038.jpg
shelby_038.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 906 times
Once a Sailor, always a Sailor

Lives with Shelby WM 158-A
Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14865

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

briwri01 wrote:already I'm formulating a "First Week In-Depth" look at my time with Shelby [...] I'm just so blown away by the feelings and thoughts I've been having the past few days that I need to share them and see if they are common or unique
Can't wait to read what you write, Brian! I don't want to spoil it for you, but your experience is shared by some of us for sure. I can already see what's happening without you saying much about it. I've been there. And I can tell you that two and three years later I am still so thankful. But maybe I shouldn't jump the gun and just be patient to read what you have to share when you're ready. It will generate some good conversation, for sure. :D

Awesome to see you invested in a wheelchair. That is very useful for the lucky few dolls who get to climb out of bed and... live, as it were; it's so rare.

Warm regards and polite greetings to Shelby; a firm handshake for you. Cheers, LDV.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Wow! A hot chick who can cook! It doesn't get much better than that! :D
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Wow! A hot chick who can cook! It doesn't get much better than that!

Yep - Shelby noticed all the cookbooks her first day here and has been leafing through them looking for ideas! And it's so nice to have her company in the kitchen.

briwri01

Post by briwri01 »

Well, LDV, having Shelby in the kitchen with me was lots of fun... but I can't take credit for getting the wheelchair just for her: already had it because I used to know a lady who used one as well as leg braces, and having a spare at my place was easier than carting her's around all the time. When Shelby saw it, she plopped right in and decided it was fun... she's even practicing wheelies now! That lead to a discussion of my attraction to a pretty girl in a wheelchair, and some other things, and we have plans to explore more of them in the future through roleplay. She figures since I have to do so many things for her as it is, it would be fun to have me do even more! When we do I'll post some photos and if there is any interest I'll start a new thread for the topic.
Meanwhile, I'm glad Shelby took a liking to it, because it serves a very practical purpose. I have pretty bad knees and hips myself, and it's very difficult for me to lift and move Shelby around, which instills a constant fear of dropping or otherwise hurting her. Now, if I'm busy in another room she can just follow me in using the wheelchair and I can enjoy her company anywhere I am. Of course we have to be judicial about it and how much time she spends in it... Jeff warned me about having her sit too much and causing stress tears in her thighs, so throughout the day we alternate from her "maintenance" cot laying flat, to standing, to the wheelchair, and later in the evening we're usually curled up on the sofa before bed. And even though she's only 5 days old now (!) I've already begun adding extra mineral oil to high stress points to keep them supple. I've got baby oil for general massage and treatments, and Vaseline for when I can let her sit long enough to fully absorb it, but in between I'm dabbing on pure mineral oil in those stress areas.
Well, I've been a slug... we slept in today and Shelby is complaining that I haven't even helped her get dressed yet, so off I go! As you can see by the photo on the sofa she has made herself totally at home and doesn't hesitate to get comfortable!
Shelby has definitely made herself at home, and knows how to kick back and relax!
Shelby has definitely made herself at home, and knows how to kick back and relax!
shelby_041.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 895 times
Since it's hard to reach things from a sitting position, She just backs up sometimes and watches...
Since it's hard to reach things from a sitting position, She just backs up sometimes and watches...
shelby_039.jpg (1.08 MiB) Viewed 895 times
With a smile like that, I don't even mind it when she supervises!
With a smile like that, I don't even mind it when she supervises!
shelby_040.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 895 times

briwri01

Shelby in the kitchen: Cooking 101!

Post by briwri01 »

I'm really loving the chance to spend time in the kitchen, and tonight was as much fun as last night! We decided to keep it simple and make sliders, with fries and asparagus. My first job was to slice the mushrooms to saute while Brian made the patties, then get the asparagus ready to steam. You just hold them and snap them to separate the tough ends from the tender tops! Then the grease started spattering, so since I hate high temps and things that can hurt me when I'm down so low, I took the opportunity to do more shopping on line... guess I'll hear about it tomorrow when he sees that I used his account!
Remember the great skit of Dan Akroyd doing Julia Child on SNL?  "Be very careful with sharp knives!"
Remember the great skit of Dan Akroyd doing Julia Child on SNL? "Be very careful with sharp knives!"
shelby_048.jpg (1.79 MiB) Viewed 884 times
Next, snap the asparagus gently to break at the natural point of tender tops vs tough stalk!
Next, snap the asparagus gently to break at the natural point of tender tops vs tough stalk!
shelby_049.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 884 times
eBay - woman's greatest toy for shopping!
eBay - woman's greatest toy for shopping!
shelby_050.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 884 times
OK - did enough damage for one day!  Where's supper, dude?!
OK - did enough damage for one day! Where's supper, dude?!
shelby_051.jpg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 884 times

INFORMATIONS