What do you guys think of this idea for the yldoll 160

We turn dreams into reality!
Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: What do you guys think of this idea for the yldoll 160

Post by Slew »

People ask for modifications of the breasts on almost every new doll that comes out. It seems to me the dolls are fine as they are. There are so many bodies out there and more being made every few weeks. There are already curvy hip C cup dolls, for instance the WM 160.

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... lit=WM+160

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Congrats Slew!! we'll be awaiting Ivy's transformation (not that she wasn't already perfect) :)

Nice link, yeah that that thread gets me hard every time

* did you edit your post? Coulda sworn you said you were buying this body... I must have had too many pints today.. :drinking:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:* did you edit your post? Coulda sworn you said you were buying this body... I must have had too many pints today.. :drinking:
Hah. Sorry, I sent you a PM, too! :wink:

blackcloud
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by blackcloud »

Well, there lies the issue I've been trying to point out. Most big ass, thick bodied dolls are presented in one extreme or the other. Either OVERLY huge breasts or small ones. No middle ground. One extreme to the other. I'm just suggesting the middle ground. I think it would make the doll better and atleast have more options for buyers.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

blackcloud wrote:Either OVERLY huge breasts or small ones. No middle ground. One extreme to the other. I'm just suggesting the middle ground. I think it would make the doll better and atleast have more options for buyers.
I understand you, blackcloud. I think there is a small demand for more realistic 'average girl' type bodies, and a few doll makers are aware of it, so for every few big sellers, there is usually an attempt at more average proportions. No kidding at all there are so many bodies available in the market right now, that I'd be shocked if you can't find one that suits your tastes, and more likely a few. Just because there aren't any brand new medium proportion dolls coming out doesn't mean they don't exist. Older designs are still made with new materials, so you're not sacrificing quality by ordering a doll designed last year. You could send a PM to a couple of vendors and tell them what you're looking for, and I expect they'd quickly find you a suitable doll. Image

symmes

Post by symmes »

Seattle Slew wrote:I understand you, blackcloud. I think there is a small demand for more realistic 'average girl' type bodies, and a few doll makers are aware of it, so for every few big sellers, there is usually an attempt at more average proportions.
In the absence of solid manufacturer data, there is this: Some e-commerce websites let you sort products by popularity. BCD doesn't have a very complex website, so I can't comment on their sales, but RLSD does have this option. (Some others may, too.) Their top 20 (of 33 female) bodies are:
  • 140cm D-cup
  • 100cm D-cup
  • 140cm A-cup
  • 141cm F-cup
  • 161cm G-cup
  • 100cm B-cup
  • 165cm K-cup
  • 155cm DD-cup
  • 152cm H-cup
  • 158cm D-cup
  • 165cm D-cup
  • 118cm C-cup
  • 156cm B-cup
  • 148cm D-cup
  • 156cm C-cup
  • 145cm D-cup
  • 156cm H-cup
  • 163cm C-cup
  • 153cm A-cup
  • 138cm A-cup
Adding up by cup size, this produces:
  • A-cup: 3
  • B-cup: 2
  • C-cup: 3
  • D-cup: 6
  • DD-cup: 1
  • F-cup: 1
  • G-cup: 1
  • H-cup: 2
  • K-cup: 1
Thus, 70% of their most popular models are between A-cup and D-cup, inclusive -- but that popularity does skew toward the large end, and most of the larger-than-D-cup models from the top 20 are in the top 10. Overall, this does support the assertion that dolls with "normal" breast sizes are quite popular. That said, there are serious limits to this analysis. The general public can see the ranking of dolls by popularity, but not number of sales, or even proportion of sales. If sales drop off heavily after the top 10, for instance, then those with huge breasts would be more popular than this analysis suggests. OTOH, if sales drop off after the top 3, then A- and D-cup models would be the clear winners in popularity.

It'd be interesting to hear if other vendors see similar patterns. I don't know how many sales the RLSD sorting function is based upon, or over what time period, so it could be too small a sample for drawing conclusions.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

CF said something about a hybrid mold , i never thought of that ( I am also ashamed for not thinking of it . ) doll manufactures i think could make a matching top mold that fits the same body but each mold 2 or 3 whatever top molds could have a different breast size mold this way just the top half could be changed to use one body but with many different breast sizes . :D as far as i know the molds are put together in two parts so this idea should be able to work . it may even be a new way of making dolls . :D

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I love the doll as is... now if only my aging back would as well... sigh...
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

Ilvrfm
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Ilvrfm »

I never understood the attraction to boobs that are way bigger than any women you see in real life, but to each thier own

RC3291

Post by RC3291 »

That's why there are so many different bodies out there. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Holly 150cm of 6ye joy from BCD

jsai
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jsai »

Too many small tits dolls, even 6ye is going 99% small tits now. 160 is awesome

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »