sanhuiofficial.com

Time to meet Emma

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Time to meet Emma

Post by Sofos »

I suppose doing as they say would yield a seamless transition but sounds like a lot of work. I just cut off the lace part that didn't have any hair as close to the hairline that I could. And around the ears I had to cut off lace with hair on it too since the wig was too big in the ear to ear measurement.

I took a closeup of the hairline so you can see it:
DSC_0477.JPG
DSC_0477.JPG (872.56 KiB) Viewed 2606 times
The color of the lace and Emmas skin matched very well but you can easily see the mesh pattern. This is without any glue or anything. But i need to adjust the wig carefully to get a snug connection. If you pull just a little on the hair it will be a gap. Probably why they recommend glueing for real women that go out and move around freely!

Here's how it looks when the lace is ~half a centimeter lifted from the scalp:
DSC_0478.JPG
DSC_0478.JPG (990.59 KiB) Viewed 2604 times
I hope this helps.

EDIT:
Posted the same picture twice... now it should be correct

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hi Sofos, thanks for showing the lace wig and the close-ups, it's been really useful to see. I have no idea about lace wigs as I haven't bought one, but I do like the way they are close to the scalp and there's a barely visible transition between hair and forehead. I would consider getting one now after seeing that.
I hope Emms didn't mind you messing with her hair to get those pictures. :lol: I'm sure she wouldn't mind, as you say she is very patient.
I love the new avatar too, great shot.

Big waves to you and Emms from me and Hanna
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Just happy if the info helps :)

I should add that I knew nothing about lace wigs before getting them either. All I learned are from Youtube :) There seems to be an endless stream om women posting makeup/hair and wig advice out there. Well to be fair. Name one topic that doesn't have endless stream of people posting videos about it :lol:
Mondoon wrote:I hope Emms didn't mind you messing with her hair to get those pictures. :lol: I'm sure she wouldn't mind, as you say she is very patient.
I love the new avatar too, great shot.

Big waves to you and Emms from me and Hanna
Haha, don't worry. I asked permission first. And who do you think it was that lifted up the hair in the second picture since I was busy handling the camera? :lol:

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

This is just a small preview. We powdered up (yes, we. I think I had as much powder on as Emma when we were finished :lol:) and changed into the dress Emma will wear for the may flower challenge. Tomorrow we'll to the actual shoot since I must get some sleep now.

If you remember the night-shirt I got for Emma in the beginning that said "if you love me let me sleep". Well I had gotten things wrong. She doesn't need that shirt. I DO! :lol:

well, just wanted to show how damn good it looks and fit on her!

It's still really cold here so she decided to take the opportunity to try on and show her new Jacket too!
DSC_0501 (2).JPG
DSC_0501 (2).JPG (725.72 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0505 (2).JPG
DSC_0505 (2).JPG (768.74 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0517 (2).JPG
DSC_0517 (2).JPG (934.04 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0523 (2).JPG
DSC_0523 (2).JPG (1.04 MiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0535 (2).JPG
DSC_0535 (2).JPG (675.26 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
BAM. guess she wasn't cold any more 8)
DSC_0536 (2).JPG
DSC_0536 (2).JPG (892.06 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0541 (2).JPG
DSC_0541 (2).JPG (1.33 MiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0548 (2).JPG
DSC_0548 (2).JPG (986.65 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0554 (2).JPG
DSC_0554 (2).JPG (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2518 times
DSC_0566 (2).JPG
DSC_0566 (2).JPG (736.06 KiB) Viewed 2518 times
That was the pre-shoot :)

But, look at that fit! The waistline is just perfect :mrgreen:
It was only a little wide at the shoulders but I made the ends overlap at the neck. Then it is perfect and looks so good. You cant tell it's not supposed to overlap unless I just told you so :)

Best fitted piece of clothing to date. The jacket fitted really nice too. Just a litte too long sleeves. Had it been 2cm shorter sleeves it would have been perfect.
Tomorrow (hopefully) we'll shoot the rest and add in flowers and matching shoes for the competition.

Stay tuned!

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

:haha4: I just learned something that has been bugging med for a while!

I'm probably gonna sound like the biggest noob ever but I have been having trouble with getting focus on the right spot with my Nikon camera. It has automatic AF and I mostly use the overall "auto" mode to take pictures. But as soon as I took a picture when her head wasn't in the immediately foreground I was having trouble focusing on it. The camera would pick a knee or hear chest or something else.

I found the "single point" AF mode but then I had to keep her head/eyes in the center of the picture since I could not find in the menu any way to select one of the other 11 focus points to use...
I started to be a little let down about the whole thing because it has really limited the angles I have used when shooting Emma. Well, at least it has limited the posted content. I have lots of pictures where her eyes are blurry...

So today I read an article about the different AF focusing modes in the Nikon system... And so simple :D
When in single point AF mode I can change point by using the arrow buttons. DOUH! Why didn't I think of that.

But even better. I can simply point the center focus point at her eyes. Let the camera focus then hold the "lock" button and carefully move the camera to compose the image as I like. The lock button also locks the exposure (configurable). Just perfect. A case of RTFM... :lol:

Let me show you what I mean. Here is a picture from the other day with how I used to do it...
DSC_0599 (2).JPG
DSC_0599 (2).JPG (960.18 KiB) Viewed 2471 times
As you can see in the above picture the face is not in perfect focus... And then I still tried different angles to get something that sorta worked.

Now, with the new "lock" technique I just took these!
DSC_0638 (2).JPG
DSC_0638 (2).JPG (1.5 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
DSC_0639 (2).JPG
DSC_0639 (2).JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
DSC_0640 (2).JPG
DSC_0640 (2).JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2471 times
With this angle I would get super sharp knees and super blurry face with the "auto auto" method. I have tried shoots like this before and almost had given up on them :(
But now they are so much better :D

Emma, rolled her eyes and told me: I knew it wasn't the cameras fault before... :roll:
haha, well she's right as usual. It probably has more basic features I don't know about :)

I also need better lights as I have learned from Hansdampf though. Will probably get some soon!

Btw.
Emma is a bit sad that she didn't get a single "like" on our last upload even though it's been a few days... :cry:

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hi Sofos and Emms

Well, me and Hanna love that dress, Hanna's got a similar one we used for her shots with the fascinating fascinator. Really beautiful, and it fits her so well.
I think it's the same one you used when she was sitting on the bench. I was reprimanded by Hanna on that one for looking at Emma's thighs for too long :D
And now you've posted more pictures of her lovely thighs, I'll just have to be careful and try not to stare.
I use the single point focusing and always use manual mode on my Nikon. I also set it up so that it focuses when I press the AE/AF button. I always focus on Hanna's eyes, I think it's important to get the eyes in focus especially if you can get a glint in them, and then move the camera on the tripod to compose the shot. If I want to include another area in focus I'll close down the f-stops to increase depth of field. We've all got our ways of doing it. Those last pictures are lovely and you have caught the glint in her eye.
Thanks for sharing the camera information, it's always really useful to see how others are doing it.

Best wishes to You and Emms from myself, Hanna and Katie.

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

jackbeenimble

Post by jackbeenimble »

Really love the photos - her personality shows wonderfully.

How is her textured skin? I haven't met a Sanhui before, so I'm curious about that, how it feels, is it all textured or just in certain areas...?

Thanks for sharing your adventures together!
Ileyana: PIB Bathing Beauty
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=116325

Ianthe: Z-One 170
viewtopic.php?f=262&t=73332

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Mondoon wrote:Hi Sofos and Emms

Well, me and Hanna love that dress, Hanna's got a similar one we used for her shots with the fascinating fascinator. Really beautiful, and it fits her so well.
I think it's the same one you used when she was sitting on the bench. I was reprimanded by Hanna on that one for looking at Emma's thighs for too long :D
And now you've posted more pictures of her lovely thighs, I'll just have to be careful and try not to stare.
I use the single point focusing and always use manual mode on my Nikon. I also set it up so that it focuses when I press the AE/AF button. I always focus on Hanna's eyes, I think it's important to get the eyes in focus especially if you can get a glint in them, and then move the camera on the tripod to compose the shot. If I want to include another area in focus I'll close down the f-stops to increase depth of field. We've all got our ways of doing it. Those last pictures are lovely and you have caught the glint in her eye.
Thanks for sharing the camera information, it's always really useful to see how others are doing it.

Best wishes to You and Emms from myself, Hanna and Katie.
Is it this one you mean?

Indeed a lovely dress on a lovely girl too :)

Emma says this dress might be her favourite so far! She almost feels like a princess :) It is an Asos petite size UK 2 (us 00, eur 30) that I picked up for next to nothing on the auction site I frequently monitor. I haven't seen anything else in that size though. Not so common body build here in Sweden I suppose :)

Haha, I'm sorry :mrgreen:
didn't mean to get you into trouble with Hanna! :D I hope you sort things out!

Thanks for sharing your camera technique! A tripod would be nice too... but I might have to move to a bigger apartment or house first. If I had a room to spare I would definitely build a permanent "studio". Now I will have to move everything back and forth all the time.

I agree with you about the glint in the eyes. It's a really bit difference with and witout!

Well, thanks for stopping by!
Have a nice day all of you,

/Sofos and Emma

jackbeenimble wrote:Really love the photos - her personality shows wonderfully.

How is her textured skin? I haven't met a Sanhui before, so I'm curious about that, how it feels, is it all textured or just in certain areas...?

Thanks for sharing your adventures together!
Thanks jackbeenimble!
Emma is flattered by your comment ;)

Well, her skin is a lot less textured that I anticipated. But I don't know what the "normal" skin looks like so...
Georges verdict on the texture of another 156 doll
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p1089541

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Sofos wrote: Is it this one you mean?
Indeed a lovely dress on a lovely girl too :)
Thank you, yes I thought the material and style of Emma's was very similar in the way it flows nicely around her legs.
Sofos wrote:Emma says this dress might be her favourite so far! She almost feels like a princess :) It is an Asos petite size UK 2 (us 00, eur 30) that I picked up for next to nothing on the auction site I frequently monitor. I haven't seen anything else in that size though. Not so common body build here in Sweden I suppose :)
Well she does look beautiful in it, I love pink dresses anyway and apart from Hanna's black ones they are our favourites. I also use a 'well known auction site' for most of Hanna's clothes. I set up a search for a couple of particular designer brands, Monsoon, Red Herring and a couple of others under used items. These clothes are beautiful but very expensive when bought new and I usually get them for about 1/5 of the retail price. The added bonus is that they have already been washed so no possibility of dye bleed.
Sofos wrote:Haha, I'm sorry :mrgreen:
didn't mean to get you into trouble with Hanna! :D I hope you sort things out!
Ha ha thanks, all is forgiven now :D
Sofos wrote:Thanks for sharing your camera technique! A tripod would be nice too... but I might have to move to a bigger apartment or house first. If I had a room to spare I would definitely build a permanent "studio". Now I will have to move everything back and forth all the time.
I find the best thing about setting up the AE/AF button to use for focusing is that I'm then not using the shutter release for focusing. I can focus the shot before going near the shutter release and with the single point focusing I just point the spot at her eye then swivel the camera on the ball joint on the head of the tripod. If you're careful you could do it without the tripod and just swivel it a little in your hand.

Looking forward to your next instalment of photographs of lovely Emms

Best wishes from Mondoon, Hanna and Katie and a big wave from us.

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Mondoon wrote: I find the best thing about setting up the AE/AF button to use for focusing is that I'm then not using the shutter release for focusing. I can focus the shot before going near the shutter release and with the single point focusing I just point the spot at her eye then swivel the camera on the ball joint on the head of the tripod. If you're careful you could do it without the tripod and just swivel it a little in your hand.
Tried that now. After an adjustment period (forgetting to focusing at all) I can see the merits of it. Plus the benefit with also locking exposure values by keeping the button at the default setting are not there when using manual mode so...

In fact I have now started to experiment in manual mode. I did some reading up on various blogs and now I have a basic understanding of most settings and what they affect. Then I just need to tune them correctly. However, all the following shots are in manual mode and I think they turned out just as well as the auto ones ;)

Oh, before posting. this is a new dress (again :whistle: ). Or Tunic as the description in the ad said. I don't know the difference between that and a dress. Neither did Emma. "It looks just like a dress..." she said... so wtf 8O ...?

Well, I must say that she looks so life like and sexy in this outfit, whatever it is. :razz: . Due to lack of time we only did a few shots today so I might do additional ones later and post some more. We will see.

We had to close the blinds because the sun was shining in from the window causing bad pictures.
DSC_0665 (2).JPG
DSC_0665 (2).JPG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
Well, it's not really outside but at least I got to feel the wind in my hair :)
DSC_0677 (2).JPG
DSC_0677 (2).JPG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
DSC_0679 (2).JPG
DSC_0679 (2).JPG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
DSC_0682 (2).JPG
DSC_0682 (2).JPG (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
DSC_0701 (2).JPG
DSC_0701 (2).JPG (1.68 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
A bit later so the sun has mostly set.
DSC_0712 (2).JPG
DSC_0712 (2).JPG (1.98 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
DSC_0718.JPG
DSC_0718.JPG (1.49 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
DSC_0723 (2).JPG
DSC_0723 (2).JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
I just love this new dress (well, tunic... :wink: ) :mrgreen:

Hope you do to!

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

P.s

If you're concerned about the flower in the background I just gave it some water :lol:

tongue-O-matic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by tongue-O-matic »

Arrr Matey Shiver Me Timbers....Welcome Emma!! Your pirate outfit is sooo cool :thumbs_up: What a great plethora of beautiful pics and scenery. You are a sweetheart!!

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Sofos wrote:Tried that now. After an adjustment period (forgetting to focusing at all) I can see the merits of it. Plus the benefit with also locking exposure values by keeping the button at the default setting are not there when using manual mode so...
In fact I have now started to experiment in manual mode. I did some reading up on various blogs and now I have a basic understanding of most settings and what they affect. Then I just need to tune them correctly. However, all the following shots are in manual mode and I think they turned out just as well as the auto ones ;)
Brilliant, really glad you tried that method and like it. I also think they've turned out just as well as auto but you now have more control. I usually take one shot to judge exposure, have a look at it and then increase or decrease exposure values, f-stop or speed, and try again. I use a black background on a lot of mine so I have to underexpose every shot because the camera tries to turn everything to a mid grey tone. You've now reached a point where you might find a tripod very useful, or use something solid you can rest on. Yes, once you've set the focus you can leave it, as long as you don't move too much out of position and if you're on a small f-stop (f-8 - f-16) it won't matter much if you do move.
Great results, those are very nice shots. It's a good thing Emma's patient and always happy to do it, she's a good model. That is a really nice dress/tunic :D and it suits her. She's looking splendid sat there nice and relaxed. Nice posing too, very natural and she certainly knows how to maximise those lovely long legs. I noticed in one shot she's hurt her finger and we hope it's not serious.

Best wishes to you and Emms from myself, Hanna and Katie.

PS. I hadn't noticed the flower, too many distractions. :D

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

von_Shredhead
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by von_Shredhead »

Beautiful new pics of Emma! Getting better and better with your camera Sofos! Thanks to you and Mondoon for the photo taking tips! I use some of the same methods and will be experimenting with those techniques I haven't tried yet ... COOL!!

Emma is very versatile ... she's a rockin' pirate and then transforms into a very relaxed, sultry babe! LOVE the tunic too!
:glou:
Cheers!
Von
Von's Doll Album - Very outdated and in need of updating.
Nina's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Lila's Thread - Doll Sweet 145cm
Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

tongue-O-matic wrote:Arrr Matey Shiver Me Timbers....Welcome Emma!! Your pirate outfit is sooo cool :thumbs_up: What a great plethora of beautiful pics and scenery. You are a sweetheart!!
Thanks tongue *blushing* :)
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

INFORMATIONS