sanhuiofficial.com

Time to meet Emma

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time to meet Emma

Post by Mondoon »

Hi Sofos,

Always delightful to see Emms, even if it is an experiment. :lol: Lookin' very comfortable in those pyjamas though
Sorry, I had to laugh at shot 0256, I had this speech bubble in my head with Emma saying "Come on Sofos...Have you finished yet?" :lol:

They have a nice even spread of light with no harsh shadows (except the wall) and I like the brightness of them. Much better than using the camera flash.
Yeah, good results, I expect you're pleased with them too.

Wishes of a good night from myself, Hanna and Katie who's sporting a new hair style.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Haha :lol:
No, she's very patient ( Thank god ) and loves the camera :D

Yes, very satisfied so far. They will really come in handy during the coming winter too :thumbs_up:

Good night to you, Hanna and Katie too!
Perhaps I get to see her new hair soon? :D

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Finally we got the portrait entry done. One thing Emma can stop reminding me about :) :lol:

One problem was to lower the flash output enough due to the wide aperture. Even on 1/128 power Emma got lit up too bright. I solved it by putting a piece of paper on the flash. Before the umbrella.

Pretty happy with the end result :D

Here is another variant with zoomed out so you can see all of her. This one is shot in raw and exported to jpeg. Where I adjusted the white balance and added some contrast.
DSC_0287_01.JPG
DSC_0287_01.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 2451 times
Also, the submission entry but adjusted white balance. some added sharpness and adjusted exposure -0.2 EV
DSC_0283_01.JPG
DSC_0283_01.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 2451 times
I quickly feel that the quantity of photos are going down... These 2 took a few hours to produce with trial and error. Repositioning the flashes etc. I even had to remove one door between two rooms to get the flash umbrella out of sight :lol:

I do hope the quality is appreciated! :)

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

The quality is very much appreciated, well at least by us here.
That shot of Emms sat in the chair is superb, really nicely lit, (shame about the door). I think like anything else the flashes will get easier with practice but for a first real try this is an excellent result. You've really upped your game now with these shots.
Now, to Emma's new dress. Oh yes, that is very very smart, just the kind of dress for a posh evening out, really classy.
And it's an interesting material. Looks like a slight sheen and it fits her really well.
Big thumbs up from Hanna, and she ought to know. :D

lyckönskningar från de vilda slätterna

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Mondoon wrote:The quality is very much appreciated, well at least by us here.
That shot of Emms sat in the chair is superb, really nicely lit, (shame about the door). I think like anything else the flashes will get easier with practice but for a first real try this is an excellent result. You've really upped your game now with these shots.
Now, to Emma's new dress. Oh yes, that is very very smart, just the kind of dress for a posh evening out, really classy.
And it's an interesting material. Looks like a slight sheen and it fits her really well.
Big thumbs up from Hanna, and she ought to know. :D

lyckönskningar från de vilda slätterna

Thanks a lot!
The main problem is that my apartment is really a bit on the small side when you start putting in all the equipment. But we do the best with what we got :)
I hope so. It will take some tries to start getting the intuition about how the shadows will be cast and what strength I need on the flashes for the camera setting (all manual, no TTL) etc. But overall, I'm very happy with the result and appreciate your support :D
The result of the new lens and flashes really make a difference. For now, I'm pretty satisfied with the equipment!

About Emmas new dress. Yes, she looks unbelievable hot in it :razz:
Glad the fashion queen Hanna approves :whistle:

For the fit. I have mentioned it a few times before but feel it is worth mention again if there are new readers that have trouble finding good fitting clothes for their shorter dolls (Emma is 156). Look into petite collections! This is a topshop petite dress in size uk 4 (EUR 32) if I remember correctly. No alterations done. None needed :mrgreen:

Only bad thing is that it didn't have a zipper in the back. I didn't pay enough attention before purchasing. So, had to remove her head 8O to get it on...

Best wishes to all of you! :)

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Well, Emma and I both agreed we cannot put on a dress that require head unscewing and only take 2 pictures worthy of posting...

So, I took some more. Now, I only put up the flashes in one position (they are the same for all photos) and skipped the tripod so I would get a few different angles rather quickly.

For those interested, in all these photos I had the lights on in the room but turned the settings on the camera so the image is pitch black when shot without flash. This means that the only light affecting the exposure in the images are the flash even though the room is well lit with standard (low energy) bulbs!

This also made the color balance preset "flash" really good I think!

And, I must say I am really really happy with the result.

Also, my new workflow is to do some adjustment in raw in the nikon sw that came with the camera. The adjustments and then export and resize can be done in batch mode! Didn't like the sw at first but it is rather easy to use and convenient too!
The export also seems to fix the rotation problem!!

Well, enough of me babbeling away. I know you all want to see Emma :whistle:

(Remember, click to see in full quality!)
DSC_0290_01.JPG
DSC_0290_01.JPG (3.11 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0291_01.JPG
DSC_0291_01.JPG (3.53 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0293_01.JPG
DSC_0293_01.JPG (3.53 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0294_01.JPG
DSC_0294_01.JPG (3.45 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0296_01.JPG
DSC_0296_01.JPG (4 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0297_01.JPG
DSC_0297_01.JPG (4.28 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0300_01.JPG
DSC_0300_01.JPG (2.85 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0304_01.JPG
DSC_0304_01.JPG (3.23 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0306_01.JPG
DSC_0306_01.JPG (3.19 MiB) Viewed 2426 times
DSC_0308_01.JPG
DSC_0308_01.JPG (4.16 MiB) Viewed 2426 times

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

And last one (stupid upload limit)
DSC_0309_01.JPG
DSC_0309_01.JPG (4.17 MiB) Viewed 2425 times
:razz: :mrgreen: :razz:

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

Thanks Sofos for learning to take such beautiful photos of me :D *kiss* *kiss* :razz: (why don't this forum have a kiss or heart/love smiley? :evil: )

If you haven't followed the thread. This is me ~ a week after I moved in :lol: :

and this is me now (~4 months later) :razz: :
Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Absolutely delightful, Emma. Wonderful photos!

Emma
Doll
Doll

Post by Emma »

LaDollyVita wrote:Absolutely delightful, Emma. Wonderful photos!

TY :)

I didn't used to like the projector screen as background because it would give me so harsh shadows from the camera flash. But now, I must say the background is really awesome and gives me such a depth in the picture even though my head is basically touching it :D

Hi. Check out my new thread

Hugs and kisses
/Emma

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hej Sofos

Ooooh we must have missed these last night. Even more pictures of Emms and her lovely new dress.
I have to say that your results with the new flashes are really good, nice piece of kit. For a purely artificial light the colours are excellent and the shadows are not too severe either.
That portrait shot is lovely (0297), you could put it in a little frame in the apartment.
The difference between the shot now and 4 months ago is quite striking and significant. I see that in Hanna's thread which is nearly three years old now.
The last shot in Emma's reply to LDV is amazing, to think she was against that wall. Excellent.

And Emms, you look gorgeous in that dress. :thumbs_up:

Another great set from you and Emms, and the quality moves on even further.

lyckönskningar till er båda och har en härlig dag

Myself, Hanna and Katie

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Hi Mondoon!

Thanks for stopping by again! :D
Your comments are always supportive and appreciated :thumbs_up:

You know what. I'm actually thinking of ordering a canvas board of that image or of the 293 one.
The last time this topic was up (in dolls alive I think) I registered at a place called photobox. But never placed an order. Now they keep hammering me with "spam" and one offer I got that expires at the end of today is all canvas boards for 250 SEK each. Any size. The biggest size (75*100 cm) is normally 999 SEK so it's a whopping 75% discount to go with that 8O

:haha4:
Yes, the difference is so striking it's almost embarrassing ;)

I opened Hannas thread again and yes, you have some great progress there! :)
I think there is not only a difference in actual picture quality but also of how Hanna is pictured. The angles, expression in her face, how she's dressed etc. I can relate to that too. takes a little while to find your style :D

And have a wonderful day as well! :)
Emma sends her love too

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

On second thought. I got a tape measure out and measured 75*100 on the wall. And that is HUGE. Don't think a print in that size will look good.

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Sofos wrote:I opened Hannas thread again and yes, you have some great progress there! :)
I think there is not only a difference in actual picture quality but also of how Hanna is pictured. The angles, expression in her face, how she's dressed etc. I can relate to that too. takes a little while to find your style :D
Yes, thanks, she does have some lovely dresses from those early shots and I think I'd like to go back and photograph her in them again.
Still hanging in her wardrobe of course but the pink one in her first shoot is really nice. She has regularly used the LBD though.
I must admit I cringe a little at some of the early shots but it's been a fantastic learning process and for that I'm very grateful to dear Hanna.

Hee hee 75 x 100 is fairly large but a small standalone frame would look lovely.

Bästa önskningar från oss tre

M, H and K

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

siliconefun
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconefun »

A pleasure to review your tread, very nice shoots.
I like your Emma posts!!!

- SF -

INFORMATIONS