sanhuiofficial.com

Need Help with Doll Joints

Established since 2002, Sanhui Model Making Co.,Ltd has been endeavoring in the creation and the making of life-like female dolls in various sizes and materials. Our products range from anime models to life-sized and altered-proportion platinum silicone love dolls. The dolls are anatomically correct with fully functional orifices to the intimate touch and feel of a real lady with curvy figure from Yoga coaching.
AKN9130
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Need Help with Doll Joints

Post by AKN9130 »

I got my 165+ doll rather recently and the joints are all different in terms of tightness. After less than a week of having the doll, I noticed that the right leg and arm are really loose compared to the left leg and arm (like it can't even hold itself up, almost dangling). Is there any way of tightening it without opening the doll up?

Extremely disappointed that my first doll happened to be defective especially after hearing so many good review on Sanhui. :(

Thanks in advance.

mossy500
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Need Help with Doll Joints

Post by mossy500 »

Funny, when my Sanhui arrives, I want the joints to loosen up, I prefer loose joints.

I would send Sanhui an email asking about the skeleton. See if they will send you a picture of the joints and info on how to tighten them.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

AKN9130 wrote:I got my 165+ doll rather recently and the joints are all different in terms of tightness. After less than a week of having the doll, I noticed that the right leg and arm are really loose compared to the left leg and arm (like it can't even hold itself up, almost dangling). Is there any way of tightening it without opening the doll up?

Extremely disappointed that my first doll happened to be defective especially after hearing so many good review on Sanhui. :(

Thanks in advance.
If she is a very recent addition they may send a replacement body. Shoot some video of the looseness and send it to them. They may replace the body.

After you find out from them, you will have to make small incisions over the bolts on both sides and tighten it with an allen wrench or a set of sockets.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

AKN9130
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by AKN9130 »

mossy500 wrote:Funny, when my Sanhui arrives, I want the joints to loosen up, I prefer loose joints.

I would send Sanhui an email asking about the skeleton. See if they will send you a picture of the joints and info on how to tighten them.
Loose joints are nice when it comes to moving the doll, unfortunately loose joints means I can't have the doll hold poses easily without assistance which is a problem for me since that is the main reason why I got the doll. I'm still waiting on Sanhuis response since I already emailed them.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

AKN9130 wrote:I got my 165+ doll rather recently and the joints are all different in terms of tightness. After less than a week of having the doll, I noticed that the right leg and arm are really loose compared to the left leg and arm (like it can't even hold itself up, almost dangling). Is there any way of tightening it without opening the doll up?
No, there isn't.
In fact there even isn't a way if you open the doll up( more below).
samara78 wrote:If she is a very recent addition they may send a replacement body. Shoot some video of the looseness and send it to them. They may replace the body.
I would suggest to take this advice - immediately!
samara78 wrote:After you find out from them, you will have to make small incisions over the bolts on both sides and tighten it with an allen wrench or a set of sockets.
That is what one would usually do, but as both Samurai and me found when inspecting the joints on our dolls respectively there is no way to readjust them because the nut you would have to use to do so is welded in place.
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... php?t=9564
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=77667&start=32
So unless Sanhui actually changed the way their skeleton is done or will do so in the future you are stuck with whatever looseness the joint in question has.

In my perception this is currently THE most important issue with Sanhui's dolls that they should work on ... they are really lovely otherwise.

Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

AKN9130, as will reply Sanhui, could you please post here please?
I ask this because I intend to buy a 2nd doll in the future only for photography, and it is important that the joints not to come loose.
Especially since it is an independent right standing version that they are still developing.
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

mossy500
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mossy500 »

mi6c wrote:
No, there isn't.
samara78 wrote:If she is a very recent addition they may send a replacement body. Shoot some video of the looseness and send it to them. They may replace the body.
samara78 wrote:After you find out from them, you will have to make small incisions over the bolts on both sides and tighten it with an allen wrench or a set of sockets.
That is what one would usually do, but as both Samurai and me found when inspecting the joints on our dolls respectively there is no way to readjust them because the nut you would have to use to do so is welded in place.
So unless Sanhui actually changed the way their skeleton is done or will do so in the future you are stuck with whatever looseness the joint in question has.

In my perception this is currently THE most important issue with Sanhui's dolls that they should work on ... they are really lovely otherwise.

Kind regards.
interesting. it will be interesting to see what Sanhui says.

mossy500
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mossy500 »

mi6c wrote:
No, there isn't.

Kind regards.
interesting. it will be interesting to see what Sanhui says.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

I just got my 156 doll today and I too have very different tightness on different side. On the left side I can barley move the thigh joint at all. And the knee is also very stiff. On the right side the joints are much better. They easily hold a pose but still manageable with resonable force.

Since my Emma is less than 24 hours old I cannot say what they will be in a week. If all joints will loosen equally much then I might end up with your problem too... Although. I hope the left side will loosen proportionally more since that side is too stiff in my opinion.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Since criticism is easy but doesn't help all that much here's a little more info( though you could also read the repair thread and deduct stuff).
The joints are metal on metal, that is they will loosen substantially over time due to abrasion and surface smoothing.
If you have reasonable joints and very tough to move joints now, I would try to avoid moving the reasonable once as much as possible and move the tough ones instead, this may over time make them more similar.
Easier said than done, I know, but the best I can offer.

Kind regards.
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

AKN9130
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by AKN9130 »

UPDATE: Sent Sanhui 2 emails and after about 2 weeks now, I have received no response from them. I think they are just ignoring me and don't want to deal with their defective doll.

Virgin_Doll
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Virgin_Doll »

UPDATE: Sent Sanhui 2 emails and after about 2 weeks now, I have received no response from them. I think they are just ignoring me and don't want to deal with their defective doll.
I myself have already sent two messages the last two weeks, as well obtained no answer yet :(
With Lucy and Lissie my SH165+ http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=76385
With Maja and Sarah my DH168 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 59&t=89453
With mini Dolls
Image LUCY Image LISSIE Image MAJA Image SARAH

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

@AKN9130 & Virgin_Doll:
You can try to send a PM to George @ XSdolls and see if he is willing to help you.

Kind regards.
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

The disparity of tightness would indicate 2 people working on the same frame. As in an assembly line with a person on either side tightening the doll up.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Maybe Sam, but whatever the cause, I can certainly relate to the issue itself.
The joints on my 1-year old SH 165 are all over the spectrum with respect to tightness and mirror joints( say right and left shoulder) do have vastly different strengths.
Also, there is no right/left preference, i.e. say all right hand side being stronger than left hand, its just a random mix.
With the shoulder joints actually both shoulders are kinda inverse, one has strong in-out and weak rotation and the other one exactly the opposite.
I did mention it before but why not reinforce my stance - imho - the joints are THE #1 issue Sanhui should be working on.

Kind regards.
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

INFORMATIONS