betterlovedoll.com

help me delete my posts

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Ephebo

help me delete my posts

Post by Ephebo »

wanting to delete all my posts , unsure if or how they will haunt me in the future but i would rather have them all gone . can i do this ?

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: help me delete my posts

Post by siliconelover »

Not sure how they could haunt you in any way (who knows who you are here ?) but No, you can extinguish your membership and deactivate your account but your posts will remain as the Topics will.

You can certainly ask a moderator to edit something specific if you feel it necessary or have posted sensitive information but to delete ALL your posts (149 in your case) would be very time consuming and labor intensive.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

The only way to edit a post is to do so within the first 24 hours. It might can be deleted completely in the same period if no one else has made a follow up post.
Perhaps a mod or admin could help? If so, maybe I could get them to delete some of the crap that I have posted. :oops:
While I realize that no one knows who I am, I'm just so self conscious that I still worry about what people think of me even while I'm being anonymous. :oops:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I am your posts of past, present and future. Expect me to harass you around Christmas.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Ephebo wrote:wanting to delete all my posts , unsure if or how they will haunt me in the future but i would rather have them all gone . can i do this ?
Hi Ephebo, could you elaborate on why you want posts removed? Are there specific posts containing sensitive info?

Generally it's like siliconelover said, we can deactivate your account, but we don't delete posts. If you think your account has been discovered by someone, we can move your posts to another account name, and we can certainly edit posts to remove any sensitive text if you're worried about something specific. Let me know if I can help with any of this. :thumbs_up:

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Stewie studmuffin wrote: Perhaps a mod or admin could help? If so, maybe I could get them to delete some of the crap that I have posted.
:D I second that ... not with regards to you Stewie but my pie hole :oops:
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Hi Ephebo, could you elaborate on why you want posts removed? Are there specific posts containing sensitive info?

Generally it's like siliconelover said, we can deactivate your account, but we don't delete posts. If you think your account has been discovered by someone, we can move your posts to another account name, and we can certainly edit posts to remove any sensitive text if you're worried about something specific. Let me know if I can help with any of this. :thumbs_up:
Very well said
good job Seattle Slew :thumbs_up:
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Ephebo

Post by Ephebo »

Seattle Slew wrote:
Ephebo wrote:wanting to delete all my posts , unsure if or how they will haunt me in the future but i would rather have them all gone . can i do this ?

what i'm worried about is doxing . i dunno how , if this website is hacked or my email is hacked , i dunno but there are some malicious people out there . really don't see why users cant edit their own posts , i'll look through my posts i guess .

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Your privacy is important to us. We recommend that your username is not your real name or easily linked to your real identity. Also we don't recommend to put your email address or phone number in a public post. When posting -stories, images, anything- be aware that this is the internet. Everything posted in public is public.

In regards to posts, there's a 24 hour time slot to edit your post. We don't want posts/threads that have been replied to be deleted, as this nullifies replies and often make a thread meaningless.

But if you want a post to be edited, just ask as in most cases we'll make the edit for you. We just try to do it in such a way that it doesn't destroy the whole thread. Also if there's a significant interest to have posts, your name or anything changed or removed, we will look into this and normally such requests are honoured, especially if privacy is endangered.

In regards to your email address and IP addresses, TDF Management will never share this information, unless there's a legal obligation to share this with authorities. For those who like to know the formal stuff, check our Terms of Use.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Options to delete ones own account ought to be implemented. Most forums I've ever belonged to have this. Or have the account removed/disabled after X amount of time of inactivity.
May help to keep user database squeaky clean too. :)
Yeah it costs money to pay web wizards to code it all in. nothing is magic.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

To have your account disabled, it's just a PM to one of the managers or an email to support@dollforum.com.

INFORMATIONS