betterlovedoll.com

TDF Member Ranks

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TDF Member Ranks

Post by Incognito »

I found it funny because I rekindled the debate. I didn't think there was as much feeling involved as there apparently is, and I simply wanted to weigh in. I started another thread so hopefully that topic won't come up again in this thread.

Skimming the ranks down to "member an ex-member" is a bit extreme. Having a post based rank system gives some people a reason to post regularly.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

TDF_Management wrote:TDF stopped taking member donations after the ownership change, hoping that the manufacturer advertising would cover the costs. What we did not anticipate was the additional growth the changes would bring with it. This resulted in a necessity to increase server and backup capacity in the spring.

So the question is, "What might someone be willing to pay yearly for a special Rank & Graphic? Would a $10 / year seem reasonable, seeing it also goes into keeping the forum alive? Or would a one time fee of perhaps $25 be acceptable? Name and graphic would have to be approved by management and would work much the same as personalized license plates.
Of course this is all hypothetical and could be limited by system resources.

Maybe we need to poll members on this idea.

TDF Management and Owners
Narcisusus,

this is where money came into it, by TDF Management. They also mention car registration plates as did Midiman.

So, if you want to blame someone blame them. :roll:

As far as I'm concerned this whole post has become quite boring and inutile. I already wrote before what I thought. End of story.

zazakell
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

zazakell wrote:Narcisusus,

this is where money came into it, by TDF Management.
Right. But the talk about money, as such, is off topic. Whether to pay or not to pay for such a thing, is.
As far as I'm concerned this whole post has become quite boring and inutile. I already wrote before what I thought. End of story.
OK, see you around the forum, then. I can't do anything more than I have, until TDF management takes a look at the ranking.

@Incognito: I only reduced it to "member and ex-member" because that is the very base to start from, IMO, that would properly label people.

Debra
Former Member

Post by Debra »

I'm way past most of you, been an ex-member many times since about 2002-03 too! :lol: :fist:

I want my title to be "doll whore" :D Cuz thats what my Dolly's know me as, and Ive ascended past the 10th heaven of the dolly dimension where the highest form of doll lovin exists. :twisted:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/air_mattress/sets/72157625047918693/

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

Debra wrote:I'm way past most of you, been an ex-member many times since about 2002-03 too! :lol: :fist:
Oh, I hope I will never be an ex-member. I am way reformed now.

:twisted:

Maybe not...

:lol:

Seems like I have the power to edit my own words out BEFORE I'm PM'd by TDF Management or others. :) That shows improvement.
Debra wrote:Ive ascended past the 10th heaven of the dolly dimension where the highest form of doll lovin exists. :twisted:
I better be good then, in order to get into that kind of heaven!!

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

New Ranking system has been implemented. To date we have no special graphics assigned to them.

The ranking system is implemented strictly as entertainment and fun. It is an indicator of the number of posts a member has made at TDF and by no means an implies any special status or privileges granted.

Ranking system is as follows:
Rank..............Minimum Posts
Newbie....................0
Basic Poster..............5
Apprentice..............10
Contributing Poster....20
Active Poster...........50
Active Member.........100
Senior Member.........200
Doll Advisor.............500
Doll Mentor.............1000
Doll Elder...............2000
Doll Patriarch..........3500
Doll Guru................5000
Doll Oracle..............7000
Doll God................10000

Christine
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Christine »

TDF_Management wrote:New Ranking system has been implemented. To date we have no special graphics assigned to them.

The ranking system is implemented strictly as entertainment and fun. It is an indicator of the number of posts a member has made at TDF and by no means an implies any special status or privileges granted.

Ranking system is as follows:
Rank..............Minimum Posts
Newbie....................0
Basic Poster..............5
Apprentice..............10
Contributing Poster....20
Active Poster...........50
Active Member.........100
Senior Member.........200
Doll Advisor.............500
Doll Mentor.............1000
Doll Elder...............2000
Doll Patriarch..........3500
Doll Guru................5000
Doll Oracle..............7000
Doll God................10000

That's Great, and I'd go ahead and leave the graphic's off. People take time and pride in their Avitair's and I personally think the graphics take away from that as there isn't very much room there....

Great Job and well done.... :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

uhh.... is there any way to pay to opt out of being called a Doll Wanker or whatever? :shakefist:
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

If you really don't want any of these special titles, and just want to be a Senior Member, that can be arranged, just send me a PM, and I'll set your rank.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

cosycottage

Post by cosycottage »

Cheers Alex, pm on the way :)
"Before we set our hearts too much upon anything, let us examine how happy those are who already possess it." Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Zang »

Just suggesting a few rewordings for the upper level (if it's not too late):

Doll Advisor
Doll Mentor
Doll Maven
Doll Champion

Doll Guru
Doll Oracle
Doll Demigod

RainLover
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RainLover »

I'm just glad you dumped the Doll Guru graphic. It was creepy looking. 8O
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." -- Liz Taylor
"Home, where my love lies waiting silently for me." -- hipsters Simon & Garfunkel, singing about doll ownership before it was cool.

netwit
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by netwit »

cosycottage wrote:uhh.... is there any way to pay to opt out of being called a Doll Wanker or whatever? :shakefist:
AlexKnight wrote:If you really don't want any of these special titles, and just want to be a Senior Member, that can be arranged, just send me a PM, and I'll set your rank.
.............................................................................................................Moderator
Ah, you gave cosy the easy way out; I would have said "Well, you could have the title of Image" Image

...............I'd hit dat
Remembering Jenna

GFELube
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by GFELube »

cosycottage wrote:uhh.... is there any way to pay to opt out of being called a Doll Wanker or whatever? :shakefist:
AlexKnight wrote:If you really don't want any of these special titles, and just want to be a Senior Member, that can be arranged, just send me a PM, and I'll set your rank.
Netwit wrote:Ah, you gave cosy the easy way out; I would have said "Well, you could have the title of Image" Image
Personally, I'm confused why anyone would prefer to be called a "Member" rather than a "Doll Wanker". If someone called me a Member to my face, I'd pull myself up to my full height and then spit all over them! :mrgreen:

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

you can do what you want but i will refuse to have Mike Myers sick guru face hovering over my avatar image. i will quit if i have to.. i refuse to see that stupid jerk as part of my identity here. please get rid of that. it is not needed or wanted. i am not kidding. no one should have to accept that.

PLEASE, Thanks,BG

i read you did drop myers!!!!!!! yes!!!!

i was only 300 posts away from quitting if i had to.
let me pick my own guru. or drop the GURU

INFORMATIONS