betterlovedoll.com

TDF Member Ranks

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

TDF Member Ranks

Post by Bianca »

Many have probably noticed the different ranks ranging from Newbie to Doll God.
In actual fact TDF is quite heavy in the earlier ranks numbers but somewhat shy as the numbers get higher.

Here is the current rankling system and the minimum number of posts you need to attain that rank
Newbie 0
Basic Poster 5
Intermediate Poster 10
Contributing Poster 20
Active Poster 50
Member 100
Senior Member 150
Doll Guru 2000
Doll God 5000

There is quite a jump between Senior Member and Doll Guru.

Does anyone have any suggestions, regarding new rank names to add and at what post count they would have them kick in?
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

B-Zilla Lives
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: TDF Member Ranks

Post by B-Zilla Lives »

I like that the ranks get thinner and further between as you rise higher, it lends an air of achievement to it all. :)

I recommend:

Dedicated Member at 300

Consummate Member at 500

Doll Paragon at 1000
Bubbles' #1 Fan

Yoube Bosley
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Yoube Bosley »

Unofficially, I think of myself as a Senior Member 3.

My suggestions would be to move the post requirement for Senior Member up to 200 posts and grandfather anyone past 150 now at that rank. Doll Master might be a good title for anyone at 1000 posts.
So here’s what I’m thinking.  I’ll be Charlie and you can all be my angels.  Except you.  You be Bosley.

--- Peter Griffin

Photos of Dana and Amyliu: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10735

dollluver73
Ex-Member

Post by dollluver73 »

Has anyone ever gotten up to "Doll god" yet?

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

Bianca wrote:Many have probably noticed the different ranks ranging from Newbie to Doll God.
In actual fact TDF is quite heavy in the earlier ranks numbers but somewhat shy as the numbers get higher.

Here is the current rankling system and the minimum number of posts you need to attain that rank
Newbie 0
Basic Poster 5
Intermediate Poster 10
Contributing Poster 20
Active Poster 50
Member 100
Senior Member 150
Doll Guru 2000
Doll God 5000

Does anyone have any suggestions, regarding new rank names to add and at what post count they would have them kick in?

Doll gods can have name no? Like zeus and others. :
I will not tell the name you gave me. :drinking: :lol:

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

itsme wrote: Doll gods can have name no? Like zeus and others. :
I will not tell the name you gave me. :drinking: :lol:
Now Itsme :oops: LOL

By the way ITSME is a doll god but becasue he is a Vendor his rank does not show :(

Actually it would be cool if once a member reaches the Doll God level we could assign a separate name of his choice for him on hitting 6000 :)

Some great ideas here so far and we're just getting started :)

DL, we have 5 that have attained Doll God status. If you go to members and then clikc posts it will list them in reverse order with most posts to least
Top 5 are over 5000

Only two are heavily active here...Bill and Itsme, Mytime the former server admins still drops by occasionally and KeithAllen started his own forum in protest to midiman's involvement. In fact Keithallen trashed a lot of his posts, so if one deleted the trashed posts he may no longer qualify the title. inkling has not been here since 2007.
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

I really think that Senior member should be higher. Szalinski surpassed that in one week 8O . Just pickin' Szal :wink: . We know you like this place.
I would like to see it at 500 but that wouldn't be fair to those that have already attained Senior status. Does 250 sound good?
Doll Know It All=10000 LOL
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

Is there any real need for ranks anyway other than newbie and member?

Remember someone else being very concerned about post counts and titles ................... now what was his name? It escapes me at the moment.

Ah yes good old TG. :lol:

And just wondering , whats after Doll God?

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

There is a member I saw not long ago when I was reading an old thread or something named Keith Allen, and his title is says "iDollator". How did that member receive that title? Was he able to put it there, or was it put there? Very curious. Another forum, an Objectivist one, when you reach a certain point you can make your own custom title.

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

Here's my ranks:

0 Newbie
10 Apprentice
50 Active Poster
100 Member
200 Senior Member
500 Doll Advisor/Mentor
1000 Doll Patriarch/Councellor
5000 Doll Guru/Oracle
10.000 Doll God
She told me to come but I was already there

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

Firstly, I think to qualify to the title Doll Guru a senior member should own and be familiar with at least one Doll. Rentell reminds us of an ex-member who set himself up as mr know it all and plagerised many senior members posts and then passed them on as his own; only problem was that he got most of them wrong and passed on mis-information that had to be corrected. Also he never owned a doll. My goodness, If he hadn't been banned he would have been Doll God already and a lot of good members would have left this forum for good, me included.

Why Doll God? This term smacks to me of having religeious undertones and could be offensive to some people.

I still think various titles should be earned not just by the number of posts, but also by the quality of them.

I think I'm more with Rentell on this subject. Who needs titles anyway. Anyone who's got nothing much to do in their private life can sit in front of thier PC and write as many posts as he/she likes! Does that mean they get to be a Doll Guru or a Doll God?

zazakell
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

I think we should leave the current ranks as they are, and just add a few to fill in the gap between Senior and Guru, as well as one or two between Guru and God.

Though I agree with Zazakell, that there should at least be an alternative to Doll God. For example, we metphysical naturalists believe that the unsentient multiverse is the ultimate being...though "Doll Multiverse" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. :roll: Perhaps when one reaches a certain point, they could simply get to chose their own title. Though as for specific deities...I don't know. While it might be interesting to see who decides to be a Doll Zeus or a Doll Thor or a Doll Isis, the last thing TDF needs is terrorist threats because some smartass decided to call himself a Doll Allah. 8O

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

narcissus
Former Member

Post by narcissus »

zazakell wrote:
Why Doll God? This term smacks to me of having religeious undertones and could be offensive to some people.
While I love the term myself, I agree, it might be offensive to someone to have that as their title.

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

NotMyName wrote:though "Doll Multiverse" doesn't quite have the same ring to it.
I was thinking "Master of the dollniverse".

Not that it matters, because I will be a Doll account anyway :roll:
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Bianca wrote:Many have probably noticed the different ranks ranging from Newbie to Doll God.

Newbie 0
Basic Poster 5
Intermediate Poster 10
Contributing Poster 20
Active Poster 50
Member 100
Senior Member 150
Doll Guru 2000
Doll God 5000

Personally? I would move Senior member up to 200 (or 250) and make the "new" ranks at 500 and 1000, that way each successive level would be a [more or less] doubling of the last.

Maybe it's just the photographer in me, but it makes sense to in my eyes.

Edit; I think RaDiv has some good suggestions. As far as doll "god" is concerned. "god" is a generic term for any form of supreme being, as long as the first letter isn't capitalized. But even that could be offensive to Athiests. How about "master poster"?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

INFORMATIONS