betterlovedoll.com

Pixels, doll album, and frustration...oh my!

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Sheldor
Location: In the illusion of somethingness amid the 'reality' of nothingness.

Pixels, doll album, and frustration...oh my!

Post by Sheldor »

To all who can help,

First, I bid my greetings. Second, I am frustrated at the moment. I squeezed, literally squeezed, what little free-time I have to conduct a photo shoot with my first doll Ling Tao, and I cannot even post the results. My pics exceed the pixel limits, which is fine because I'll simply reshoot and use the camera on my phone.

However, I also made an attempt to join the Doll Album, but, apparently I do not exist in the TDF universe. Despite my entering the correct information for both my membership and the numerical codes, I'm still unable to create an account. All I wish to do is post some pics, so that I can contribute to the community. Also, I made a promise on my thread to start delivering some content, and I hope to keep that promise.

What am I to do?

:glou:

Sheldor
:drinking:

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Pixels, doll album, and frustration...oh my!

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Sheldor,

Are you using Windows 7 by any chance?
You can resize your pics using the Paint program. No need to re-shoot.

Open your pic in Paint, go to the Home tab and click "Resize"
Check "Maintain aspect ratio"
For attachments, the maximum size is 1600 pixels in either direction.
For the Doll Album I think it's 1920 pixels max.
paint-resize.jpg
paint-resize.jpg (845.04 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

mg4
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mg4 »

Hi Sheldor, I think you need to send a pm to a admin or super mod to make a doll album account.
If your pics are to big try setting your camera to take smaller pics. I got my camera image quality set on 3648 x 2736. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Check out my Gallery:

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

To create a doll account, be sure to use the same screenname and same email address as used for your TDF account.
It may take up to 24 hours to get your Album account approved.

The current max size on picture attachments at TDF is 3600 pixels (in both directions). That's quite large! I resize high resolution pictures to 1920x1280 or less.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

I've manually created a Doll Album for you, please check the PM I sent for your log-in information.
The Doll Album is indeed set to a maximum of 1920 pixels, reason being, you only have a limited amount of available space on the Doll Album.

If you upload large pictures pixel-wise, they're usually also pretty large in filesize, and that eats away on your Doll Album pics.
For internet display, pictures don't need to be that large.

Like others have mentioned, you don't need to redo the shoot, you can resize the pictures you've made.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Sheldor

Post by Sheldor »

AlexKnight wrote:I've manually created a Doll Album for you, please check the PM I sent for your log-in information.
The Doll Album is indeed set to a maximum of 1920 pixels, reason being, you only have a limited amount of available space on the Doll Album.

If you upload large pictures pixel-wise, they're usually also pretty large in filesize, and that eats away on your Doll Album pics.
For internet display, pictures don't need to be that large.

Like others have mentioned, you don't need to redo the shoot, you can resize the pictures you've made.
AlexKnight,

Thank you. I appreciate your effort.

Sheldor

Post by Sheldor »

MannequinFan wrote:Hey Sheldor,

Are you using Windows 7 by any chance?
You can resize your pics using the Paint program. No need to re-shoot.

Open your pic in Paint, go to the Home tab and click "Resize"
Check "Maintain aspect ratio"
For attachments, the maximum size is 1600 pixels in either direction.
For the Doll Album I think it's 1920 pixels max.
paint-resize.jpg
MannequinFan,

No, Actually, I have Windows 8. I looked to see if I have Paint, but I don't think I do. I definitely appreciate your contribution nonetheless.

BTW, I've seen you around, and I must tell you that your avatar, for some reason, is thought provoking to me. Something about the face, the hair, the tone, and the repetitive motion; those things combine in a way....I can't explain it, except that it is powerful stimuli.

EDIT: Oh wait, I do have paint! Haha, oh, jeez, thank you. I'll update the thread to show everyone how the editing goes....

Sheldor

Post by Sheldor »

mg4 wrote:If your pics are to big try setting your camera to take smaller pics. I got my camera image quality set on 3648 x 2736. Looking forward to seeing your pics.
Okay, I'm going to 'toy' with the camera as soon as I am able. My time is limited, but I think Ling and I will have some time together on Friday.

Thank you!

Sheldor

Post by Sheldor »

Nescio50 wrote:To create a doll account, be sure to use the same screenname and same email address as used for your TDF account.
It may take up to 24 hours to get your Album account approved.

The current max size on picture attachments at TDF is 3600 pixels (in both directions). That's quite large! I resize high resolution pictures to 1920x1280 or less.

Yeah, as I've read, 'toying' with my camera is a must. I may have to ask no. 1 (my wife) for pointers on how to do that, as she is the one who uses it. I'm much too busy to play with it otherwise, but since I now have a reason to use it I will do just that.

BTW, you read my mind concerning doll accounts, so I also thank you for that as well.

INFORMATIONS