reallovesexdolls.com

Pain In The Neck

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
grimreefer24601

Pain In The Neck

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Does your doll work this way?

This is three days after she arrived. Her neck has made these sounds from the start.

This is more recent. A week ago. It shows how the head stays in position to the left, but not the right.

Here are two recent videos showing how the neck does not stay in position, and makes noise with every movement.

I contacted RLSD immediately. And they responded promptly, but this issue has been with "management" for almost 2 weeks.

I have other issues with this doll, like the fingers, but the neck is my big concern. Does your doll work this way? Can you pose her head? Does she creak every time you move her?

Let me know your thoughts.

Pure Joy

Re: Pain In The Neck

Post by Pure Joy »

Yes mines like that too. Only difference is it hold the position you bend it in better. One of those times you bend it like that it's going to snap off. If you can get some lube into that component it will gradually stop creaking as bad. A syringe helped get it in there.
"Never underestimate the power of perfectly shaped spheroidal pairs." ~Ben Wah

oberyn
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by oberyn »

Thats the gooseneck .what doll did you get? i remember seeing somewhere that the newer 141 zoes would have jointed necks.my 152 cm does that too.not as noisy though.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

In my opinion, it seems she's got a very loose neck, especially for a new doll. When you tilt the doll to the side, I don't think the head should move on it's own like that.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

Mine makes those creaking noises when I move her head. Hell, sometimes her neck makes that noise when I move her legs. But on mine her head stays exactly where I put it. For now at least.

It seems weird to me that her head will stay in position to the left, but not the right. I guess that must mean the gooseneck isn't completely broken?

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

grimreefer24601

Broven wrote:It seems weird to me that her head will stay in position to the left, but not the right. I guess that must mean the gooseneck isn't completely broken?
That's one thing I kept coming back to wondering if this is normal or faulty. If the neck were loose on all sides I might have just thought it was normal, although really crappy. The fact that it stays to the left, but no other direction at least gave me something to compare it to. This is my first doll, so I'm not sure what to expect with it.

I could live with the noise, and I'm well aware that these dolls make noise. I'm worried with it being loose that it will be only a matter of time before it breaks completely. I've had my doll for 3 weeks now, and most of that time she's been in her box waiting to hear from RLSD management, not even knowing if this is normal. That's why I posted this thread. To see if I was waiting for nothing.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Based on the videos, I'd say the neck is broken and the doll should be replaced. It should tilt and stay to both sides as far as you were able to tilt it to one.

Noise is normal for a good long while (many months) when neck is twisted, head moved, and during, uhm, "vigorous movement" - I still hear it from Brie's neck if I tilt it far. But it shouldn't make noise just from the doll being leaned forward or backward. This tells me the neck might not be attached to frame anymore and the weight of the head is causing it to swing around freely. The neck should be strong enough to keep the head where you want it and then you could lean her body forward or back without any noise.

These videos should help WM diagnose.

grimreefer24601

Thanks for your input JunkGuy. And your doll is gorgeous. I'm a little jealous.

grimreefer24601

RLSD contacted me today. I had sent them links to the videos on YouTube, and also sent them a PM here to this thread. They told me the new videos clearly showed the doll is defective, and they have resolved the issue.

Thank all of you for your input, and thank you RLSD for getting this resolved.

Special thanks are due to Seattle Slew for helping me throughout this process. He's the one who asked me the right questions that got me to take those last two videos, and gave me guidance on many other questions. Seattle Slew, you're the best. Thanks for being an excellent moderator.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

JunkGuy wrote:Based on the videos, I'd say the neck is broken and the doll should be replaced. It should tilt and stay to both sides as far as you were able to tilt it to one.

Noise is normal for a good long while (many months) when neck is twisted, head moved, and during, uhm, "vigorous movement" - I still hear it from Brie's neck if I tilt it far. But it shouldn't make noise just from the doll being leaned forward or backward. This tells me the neck might not be attached to frame anymore and the weight of the head is causing it to swing around freely. The neck should be strong enough to keep the head where you want it and then you could lean her body forward or back without any noise.

These videos should help WM diagnose.
I attribute it to serious arthritis! :) But seriously mine has creaked since I've had her. 1.5 months. There is free movement, but the neck stays rigid. If moving in a nodding movement it creaks.
Did you get this resolved grimreefer?

INFORMATIONS