reallovesexdolls.com

Finally Pulled The Trigger

Real Love Sex Dolls excels in sex doll design, accessories innovation and the highest in customer satisfaction. The largest seller of TPE sex dolls in the U.S.A, Real Love Sex Dolls is a woman-owned company based in Austin, Texas. You will find everything you need at Real Love Sex Dolls, from the finest in realistic adult TPE & Silicone sex dolls, doll care supplies, doll accessories, and doll storage. Ask us about discounts for TDF Members!
Arokh

Finally Pulled The Trigger

Post by Arokh »

Well, I knew this day would come eventually. I just didn't know when I'd finally have the balls to commit. Well, tonight, was the night. Just made my order for my first doll. My only big question at this point is: What do I do now?

What are some of the things I should do to prepare for my girl's arrival? What should I do when she arrives? I've heard a lot of owners go through a series of washing task. What exactly are these? What supplies do I need?

Of course, and additional advice all you out there can provide would be great. More information is always better than less.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, and look forward to pictures in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Cheers!
Meet Claire - 145cm (4' 9") TPE D-cup from RLSD
Claire's Photo Album

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Finally Pulled The Trigger

Post by CF »

Congratulations! Which gal did you get?

Are you familiar with the threads describing proper care and maintenance of a TPE doll? If not, I can paste some links.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

Put in the order for a custom doll. The base model is 145cm (4ft9) D-cup

Link: https://reallovesexdolls.com/145cm-4ft9-d-cup-sex-doll/

I've done a bit of browsing over there, but links to the good ones would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. :)
Claire's Photo Album

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Here's a good one about applying oil: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 27&t=77364

This gets into the rationale for applying powder: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=85675

Some owners also swear by the usefulness of getting a bodystocking for their dolls. Bonus feature: It looks sexy!

Those should give you complete overviews to extend the life of your doll. Good luck.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Tim1111

Post by Tim1111 »

Unfortunately, now comes the waiting with great anticipation. That's really the toughest part. Nice choice, by-the-way. Which head did you get for her?

In terms of things to get, Johnson's Baby Powder made from 100% cornstarch is what I have always used on TPE (people also recommend pure cornstarch from the grocery isle - I just like the smell of Johnson's Baby Powder). Not sure if you ordered the renewal powder, but mine didn't ship until after Lisa arrived, and she's going to need to be washed and powdered right away. (Speaking of washing..... be cautious of where you have her standing (if you got the standing foot option), if you stand her up while washing. The 3 metal bolts on the bottom of her feet don't have any traction, and mine had her feet slide out from under her once, which caused some minor scratches on the soles of her feet). I've seen some people get a shower mat with suction cups to stand their doll on while washing them. I just lay mine down on a plastic drop cloth now, and roll her over to do the other side. That way I don't have to focus on keeping her steady while I hand wash her. I also just use my hands to soap her and rinse her. I can feel if I'm being gentle enough; using a washcloth or other item simply increases the risk of damaging the skin because you can go to rough without even realizing it.... besides, it's nice caressing and rubbing every inch of her body. ;)

I was reluctant with the mineral oil at first, as it's not something recommended for maintenance by the manufacturer; but I decided to try some on her breasts, and I must say it did soften them a bit (I used Johnson's Baby Oil with shea & cocoa butter - mostly because the store I went to was out of plain Johnson's Baby Oil; and it smells nice). So now I do use it all over her.

The main reason I would recommend getting these items now, is to ensure you don't have any allergies to the products. I read a few reviews of people complaining about allergic reactions to them in reviews on Johnson's website, and people here have complained here about getting rashes from the TPE, but I have a feeling their reactions were actually to the products they were using based on what I read on Johnson's website.

Also research about wig care, and make sure you get the stuff you need for that. I started off thinking I could get by without that upfront, and did some damage to one of the wigs trying to comb out tangles; only to find that the proper wig-care products help to reduce those tangles and make combing/brushing the wigs much easier. When it comes to wig care, seek out professional advice on-line from people who wear and/or make actual wigs. The people sharing advice here is great, but I like to go directly to the best sources.

Clothes are a different matter. If you're going to pre-buy any clothes, make sure that the few items you buy are stretchier one-size-fits-all materials. What they send with the smaller dolls like yours will likely fit decently, but it didn't fit my doll at all, and so I had to let her use once of my shirts until I could get out and buy her some clothes. The reason I don't recommend buying too much prior is because her measurements are going to vary slightly to what's listed, and I'd hate to see you spend money on clothes that don't quite fit. Also, from day one, get into the habit of prewashing any clothes you buy for her.... and never put clothes on for the first time without constantly monitoring places where the clothes fit tightly, or where her weight is pushing down on the material (when she's sitting or lying). There are a lot of horror stories by people who stained their dolls, and it's a lot of money we're spending to accidentally stain them to the point of being non-removable.

A flexible tape measure for measuring body dimensions, therefore, is a must have item. Lisa was listed as 36-24-35.5 and a DD(E); and came in at 37-23-36.5 and a DDD(F).

For washing her, I basically just use Ivory Soap. I know a lot of people recommend anti-bacterial soap..... but that presents its own log-term health issues, and thus far science hasn't been able to actually confirm that it gets rid of any more bacteria than regular soap and water. I have been giving thought to a soap like Dove, however, that has additional moisturizers, I'm just weary of how various chemicals will react with the TPE skin.

What I'm not sold on is using Vaseline on TPE. Vaseline is petroleum jelly - and petroleum based products is a major no-no with TPE. Which reminds me, you need a really good quality water-based lubricant..... KY Ultragel Personal Lubricant (water-based) is a product I strongly recommend and cannot rate highly enough. I've previously tried just about every water-based lubricant out there, and none have come close to this stuff. Have used it exclusively, even with real women, for the past two-plus years.

In terms of cleaning out her orifices after use.... well there are a lot of different methods. Read how others do it. Once you have her, you'll eventually develop a means and routine that you feel most comfortable with. A lot of people talk about using fans and other devices for air-drying (I have a fixed vagina in mine, by the way); I found that manually drying her is much more efficient; but I won't share my method, as it can easily damage the doll if not done carefully and with the right tools/products. Whatever means you settle upon, you want to limit the possibility of bacterial/mold growth; not only for your own health and well-being, but because it would ultimately destroy your doll as well.

Those are the essentials that I can think of, off the top of my head. It's late, and I'm getting tired; but if I think of anything else, I'll come back and let you know.

Anyone who thought real women were high-maintenance, quickly finds out that dolls are to, if not a little more, because the doll cannot do anything for herself. The real benefits of a doll is that you don't have to spend a small fortune wining/dining them, taking them out, and they're always in the mood when you are, and not wanting you to be in the mood when you're not. Aside from that, they become much more of a companion than you can possibly imagine before-hand.

One other thing of note, the initial cleaning/powdering, etcetera, is a great way to "break-the-ice" with your new doll. Afterwards, get her dressed and perhaps watch a movie with her, make out with her a bit..... it kind of forms an emotional bond, which helps with the initial over-excitement that some, if not many, experience with their first doll. In short, treat her as you would a real woman..... it goes a long way, in more ways than one.

You might even want to come-up with a bit of a backstory for her. Naming her may or may not be something you can do upfront. What I can say is that none of the photos do these dolls real justice, no matter how good the photographer is. She's going to look even better when you see her in full 3-dimensions.

Congratulations!!! and hopefully the wait passes relatively quickly.

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

Thanks for all the advice so far. I will definitely put it to good use. I do have an older t shirt (from a deployment way back when) that doesn't fit me anymore, but should be a loose fit for her. Should be enough for her to get by until I can get her some additional wardrobe items.
To clarify, my girl was configured with an insert, normal feet, & a long straight blonde wig. I'll be sure to have plenty of pictures not long after she arrives.
That is: As soon as I can force myself to take my hands off her. :twisted:
Claire's Photo Album

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

For got to mention: head #56.
Claire's Photo Album

Tim1111

Post by Tim1111 »

Arokh wrote:For got to mention: head #56.
The #56 head seems to be getting more and more popular. She's going to be a real cutie. Again, Congratulations!

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Tim1111 wrote:What I'm not sold on is using Vaseline on TPE. Vaseline is petroleum jelly - and petroleum based products is a major no-no with TPE.
Vaseline is perfectly safe to use with TPE. Several members (myself included) have been using it for months with zero indication of problem - the two are entirely non-reactant to each other. In fact, plain Vaseline is good for TPE, as it seeps into the material and both softens it and provides bacterial/fungal resistance. (Vaseline with additives could cause some kind of reaction though and should be used with care.) As a lubricant, its also less messy than runny, water-based stuff.

Tim1111 wrote:The #56 head seems to be getting more and more popular.
Almost too popular. Seems like half the dolls showing up now are 56s. One of the other vendors is actively trying to promote other heads just to get reviews of non-56s.

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

I agree that #56 is the most popular one out of the bunch. But IMO it is the best looking one they have. If the new one (from the design a head contest) was available, I would have gone with that. But alas, it was not to be.
Claire's Photo Album

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Greetings Arokh -
Congrats on making the commitment! A few of the first things I would buy, before she arrives, would be as follows:

A shower seat - I first bought an actual seat. But it was really tall for the girls, and was just too big. So instead I picked up a plastic step stool. It folds flat and can be stuffed under the sink vanity when not in use. It is really just the perfect size for sitting your gal on in the tub while you lean over and wash her.
IMG_2724.JPG
IMG_2724.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 6113 times
The next thing would probably be some large, white cotton beach towels. I use them constantly on furniture that might stain my girls. If you have any leather or vinyl (petroleum based) furniture you'll definitely want to cover them before your gal sits on it. Likewise, cotton sheets (especially darker colors) can be stained by the baby oil on her skin. It eventually washes out but still.

Lastly, a full set of white clothing. I honestly don't know why, but I don't ever leave my gals in the nude. They are always wearing something. And when I know I won't be able to have them out for a period time, I dress them in full white, so I'm sure nothing is going to stain them.

Same with wigs, they too can stain you're gal, so I tend to store them sans hair. I think many people store their gals without their head attached. I have plenty of room so it's not an issue. But even if I didn't, I still wouldn't be comfortable leaving them without their head attached. Just seems dehumanizing....

Arokh

Post by Arokh »

So, I realize that this question is probably coming at the 11th hour, since odds are my girl is being shipped about now (hooray, wait almost over). Still, better late than never. So:

I've heard that the "new TPE smell" can be very pungent. Since I would strongly prefer her arrival and residence here to remain a secret, I'd love to know if anyone else has a few tricks that can get rid of the smell as quickly and discreetly as possible. My thoughts would be to give her a bath first thing, and keep the bedroom window cracked open with a fan blowing air to the outside. Not sure how successful that would be though. Hence, why I'm asking in the first place.

Thanks in advance.
Claire's Photo Album

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

I think a wash and open window/fan are your best bets. Oiling may help. Some people say it stinks up the whole house, but in my experience it was only close by (2-3 feet)

If you're really worried, consider aromatic camoflauge instead: "spill" a bottle of cologne outside your door.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

Arokh wrote:So, I realize that this question is probably coming at the 11th hour, since odds are my girl is being shipped about now (hooray, wait almost over). Still, better late than never. So:

I've heard that the "new TPE smell" can be very pungent. Since I would strongly prefer her arrival and residence here to remain a secret, I'd love to know if anyone else has a few tricks that can get rid of the smell as quickly and discreetly as possible. My thoughts would be to give her a bath first thing, and keep the bedroom window cracked open with a fan blowing air to the outside. Not sure how successful that would be though. Hence, why I'm asking in the first place.

Thanks in advance.
for the smell just was her several times on the first and second day. just get a few white microfibre cloth and just gently dab..not wipe. empty the water out after each wash and get a new cloth. if you go to a car care place they sometimes sell bulk amounts of micro fiber cloths factory seconds.
got about 30 for about $8 more than i need but all the white go to my doll all other colours for other cleaning jobs.
as for care and maintenance. this thread is great and comprehensive
viewtopic.php?f=267&t=83012

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi Arokh, congrats on jumping in. I'm sure you'll be happy you did.

My suggestion will be an aquarium pump, like this one: https://www.chewy.com/tetra-whisper-ul- ... lsrc=aw.ds
You'll need to purchase standard aquarium pump tubing as well, since the pump doesn't come with any tubing. :? Anyhow, quick and quiet. After cleaning orifices, I insert both tubes(pump has attachments for two tubes), and she's dry in 10-15 minutes.
JunkGuy wrote:If you're really worried, consider aromatic camoflauge instead: "spill" a bottle of cologne outside your door.
That's a good suggestion, although I would be surprised if the odor gave you away to anyone who doesn't share the room with you. It's not an odor that permeates widely. Washing the doll a few times will reduce the odor quite a bit, and eventually it will fade away pretty much completely.

INFORMATIONS