www.wmdolls.com

I'm new here and wanted some advice

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
ota_king
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

I'm new here and wanted some advice

Post by ota_king »

hello, :) I'm a nz girl wanting to get a male love doll.
I've been wanting one for sometime as I've always wanted something just there for me always.
I have some disorders (like mild bipolar) which swings me into loneliness and depression at times and I really want something that I can love. Boy friends are sort-a never really lasting for me because of this.
Anyways, I won't bore you with details but here are some of my concerns,
I guess the main one is regret. I'm worried that I might regret having a doll and it's just going to be something lying in bed all the time.
Q1 - what was your reason for getting a love doll? Did buying it actually fulfill those reasons?
Q2 - if I were to regret my decision after getting a doll, do you think a male doll will be hard to sell?
Q3 - do you think I should buy something really cheap like a maidlee doll, or maybe even one of those cheap torsos to see if I like it before getting a full doll? (the one I really want is obviously the handsome and stunning gabriel who comes with a scary price tag) or do you think I should just save up to get the doll I want in the first place?
Q4 - for women here, do you have a real boy friend as well? Or have introduced one to a boy friend just to have them freaked out?

Thanks for your time!
Sorry if some of the questions are a repeat. Went through most posts but I might have missed out on some!

puma uma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: I'm new here and wanted some advice

Post by puma uma »

Welcome to the forum ota_king! :glou:

As i'm not experienced with male dolls i can answer the other questions.

ReQ1 i got a doll for many reasons. To make it simple, i have problems with relationships and with just women in general. Oddly enough, i'm very similar to your disorders. I consider my doll my partner and enjoy the time we share. The story goes deeper then that but i'll just keep it simple.
ReQ2 Selling your doll it depends but i'm sure you won't have too much of a problem (i don't see male dolls in the sales section as often as female dolls though)
ReQ3 Well, before recently i decided to start saving three thousand for a future doll, I got a high end inflatable just to try it out. Eventually, that test started to grow into a relationship. I personally would start small before you spend a lot of money on something you're new in. Just your your question, you might have regrets. Like anything else in the world.
Can't answer number 4
It's all about da booty. The booty is life!

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14528
my doll album

Tomoe
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Tomoe »

ota_king wrote: Q3 - do you think I should buy something really cheap like a maidlee doll, or maybe even one of those cheap torsos to see if I like it before getting a full doll? (the one I really want is obviously the handsome and stunning gabriel who comes with a scary price tag) or do you think I should just save up to get the doll I want in the first place?
First off: welcome to the forum :)

Just wanted to point out that those high end silicone dolls are very heavy. Gabriel weighs a bit over 100 pounds (46kg or so). I would have second thoughts about getting a doll that heavy myself, so just consider whether you can actually handle that much weight before you pull the trigger :) Of course it might be no problem for you, but for some people the weight, and how difficult it is to manage a life-size doll that heavy comes as a bit of a surprise, and it's one of the main reasons I see for people selling their dolls quickly after buying them.
My dolls:
Emilia DS 145 Elf
Angelica 165 cm anime fabric doll with silicone head

Previously owned dolls:
Katherine WM 135 cm
Miyuki 160 cm Anime fabric

Lemminkainen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Lemminkainen »

Hi ota_king. :) Welcome to TDF.
Although I can't give you a females point of view for the questions point to that gender, you are wise to ask in this community. I'm sure other female members can shead light on these questions you have.
I'm happy to see you're asking, and please feel confident to do so. :thumbs_up: Your involvement is welcome here.

:| I guess I could answer a couple of these...
Do you have other dolls? Did you give them personas and names? :fadein: Just how much 'personality' can you give him to meet the needs of your heart and mind? It's going to just lay there if you leave it and not do anything with it. Weight of the doll might be a factor in your purchase. Could you deal with a doll that is a torso only? Or do you want the full effect of it having arms and legs? Think about it's anatomic purpose too. :mrgreen: Those factors could influence cost, but if they important to you, it'll be worth it.

I got a doll I could afford, could fulfill its purpose for me at that time, and was to my liking. Other than that, I can tell you that I got a doll for physical companionship, that turned quite psycho-emotionally supportive. Because of Nunoko (TBD) I'm a lot happier today than in years past, :lying: no matter how I am, or what I want or need in heart and mind, she is there for me. Also I'm in greater physical comfort (bad hip and back); she acts as a fantastic body pillow.

Again, welcome to TDF.

Lemm

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Welcome to TDF.

If your wanting a doll to cuddle and escape the loneliness, maybe get a inflatable doll or make a stuffed doll. Dress him in some soft pajamas and just have a bed buddy or cuddle partner. If he feels good to you physically and emotionally, maybe go the next step up.
And if your wanting him to make love to you, buy a strap on, put it on him and take a ride!

RK
PS: I have a home made doll. It took me awhile to make her and I could'nt wait to love her when she was finally done.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

Welcome to the forum!

Whether you'll have a chance of regretting it kinda depends on several things, like are you into dolls?
If you've never been with a doll, it would be best to first buy a cheaper solution, to see if you like being with a doll.

I first started with an inflatable doll, and although I liked her, her shortcomings made me decide to go all the way and buy a high end silicone doll.

Another thing is, do you have a vivid imagination and fantasy, like, did you play with dolls/figures while you were young, and did you imagine adventures they were on...
If you didn't imagine things with your toys, and just treated them like objects, then a doll is likely not for you.

As others have said, a doll doesn't do anything, all the interaction has to come from you.
Also, be sure you can handle the weight of a silicone doll, they are heavy, especially the male versions.

Personally speaking, I knew I would like a high end doll, so I have never had any regrets. Sure I had doubts, it's a lot of money, but when she arrived, all doubts disappeared.

If you do have regrets afterwards and want to sell him, it's probably harder to sell than a female doll, as there's less demand for male dolls.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

Hi ota-king,
welcome to the forum. I´m sure some of the female members will get into contact, if not by post then by pm. I decided on my first doll after a very bad marriage and a bad divorce. I knew Brigitte, that´s her name, will always be there for me and I can trust her totally. I love to have sex with her but even more so to cuddle with her and kiss her. She developed a personality, of course she became the woman I always dreamed of.
I went directly for a high end silicone doll because I was having the money to get her luckily.
She is as heavy as your male silicone doll will be, and you really have to get used to the weight. It might not sound that much but it is dead weight, your doll won´t be able to help you a bit to have him moved around. I use an office chair with rolls to move her in my flat and I got wheel chair to get her outdoors. Without a patient lift you probably won´t be able to get him into the tub for cleaning so you´ll have to do sponge baths, probably on the bed.
I never regretted getting Brigitte. I got Martine to get her a friend to live with while I´m in the office or on business trips.
I guess selling him won´t be easy, but maybe you get lucky.
And I guess a boyfriend probably won´t tolerate a male doll. You´d be very lucky to find one who does. :wink:
All the best for your decisionmaking,
Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

ota_king
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ota_king »

thank you so much for the awesome replies everyone :D
i think I'll be ok with the weight. I'm pretty fit and I've lifted heavier things in the past with some difficulties, but I managed. I have other smaller dolls, and they're very cute, but it's a but harder for me to connect to them like a boy friend because of their size.
I think it is a good idea to try out a cheaper doll instead like most people suggested :)
I really like hearing how some people had great results finding comfort in their love dolls, because that's what I really want.
I'll keep everything in mind and when I get a high end doll, I'll post some pics :D

ota_king
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by ota_king »

Ok, I've decided to first try out buying a Dakimakura, a hugging pillow, first
I've put the web address below if you want to see which one I chose :)
I am also deeply considering getting a cheaper second hand female silicone doll first to see if I like having her around. Like feel what she's like and all that in terms of hugging and kissing :D
That way, if I don't like her, it'll probably easier to sell and I might even be able to sell it within new zealand
I was considering getting a manikin, but I really don't like how it's hard and unable to pose...
I've been watching so many video's on youtube with people who have dolls and I really like the idea of it still :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Anime-THE ... 27e42897d9

and if people want, I can put up a picture of the pillow once it arrives. (I'm going to start making the inner tomorrow!)

LWhisperer
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: Just a hapless waif caught up on the fickle winds of fate.

Post by LWhisperer »

Hi Ota_king, and welcome to the forum. I think you have the desire, the drive, the imagination, and the circumstantial thought process to find doll ownership a very fulfilling venture, and I wish you the very best on your journey.
Though we all may have varied backgrounds and personal reasoning, there seems to be a sequence we all go through, and I believe you are finding yourself walking that timeline. We start out hopeful, but dubious. Then, for those that enjoy the experience, something clicks, and we find our lives enriched much more than we had hoped. We gain a partner, a confidante, a lover, a friend, and an entire extended forum family that may not always "get us", but certainly accepts us for who we are.
I live in a sort of limbo between doll world and real girl girlfriend world. There have been times that I've given up hope on having a human girlfriend that "works" and I've relied solely on dolls for the affection/ object of my attention that I need. It's been a journey of self discovery and satisfaction.
I will be the first to say that I'm not an easy person to figure out or to live with. Having been put through the wringer too many times has me convinced to always have my dolls, despite wanting more to have a human partner that loves me. I found a real woman that does, and I've been completely transparent with her on doll ownership. She loves me and accepts my quirks. I pray that she always will.
I think the openmindedness essential for someone to fall in love with and accept a doll owner is the same depth of understanding and commitment needed to be the best partner possible. In my opinion, someone that wouldn't accept dolls is someone that wouldn't understand or accept me. I've been through this. I'm happily past that. And I feel my doll test of my lady's love for me has been honest, appropriate, and the best possible weather vane for our long-term success.
Something for you to think about. Take care.
My friend at the asylum once told me, "If you don't mess with people, how do you know they're really there?"

Atlanta2013

Post by Atlanta2013 »

brigittes hubbie wrote:Hi ota-king, And I guess a boyfriend probably won´t tolerate a male doll. You´d be very lucky to find one who does. :wink:
Chris
I BF might accept it, it´s not like I would get jealous of a doll. Women do have other sex toys. I would probably enjoy watching my GF have sex with a RD2 male doll. But maybe thats just me!

Atlanta2013

Post by Atlanta2013 »

Hi Ota King
Regarding Q3. I bought a second hand Boy Toy first and I was not satisfied with her realism. Still doubting if additional reality will do it for me I have ordered a Real Doll 2. It's obviously individual but for me if I had bought a cheaper simpler doll first I would have felt nothing for it and not upgraded. Difficult balance; buy a cheap one and feel nothing or a expensive one and maybe it´s still not your thing!

Agalmato
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Agalmato »

Atlanta2013 wrote:
brigittes hubbie wrote:Hi ota-king, And I guess a boyfriend probably won´t tolerate a male doll. You´d be very lucky to find one who does. :wink:
Chris
I BF might accept it, it´s not like I would get jealous of a doll. Women do have other sex toys. I would probably enjoy watching my GF have sex with a RD2 male doll. But maybe thats just me!
I'm with you, I would think of it as a threesome. Unless I only get to watch, but that's still okay with me.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

ota_king wrote:Ok, I've decided to first try out buying a Dakimakura, a hugging pillow, first
I've put the web address below if you want to see which one I chose :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Anime-THE ... 27e42897d9

and if people want, I can put up a picture of the pillow once it arrives. (I'm going to start making the inner tomorrow!)
I have an anime pillow and love it!

The only thing I would caution you on is the weight of the full size silicone doll. I knew my RD2 was going to be heavy, but I wasn't quite prepared for the limitations the weight has for me. I can only move him around using a patient lift and the process takes a little time. It is very difficult for me to get him on his stand. So much so, that I am hesitant to take him off it again. I really wish he were lighter. I would probably keep him if moving him around was easier for me.

That being said though, the silicone dolls are a work of beauty. I was not and probably still would not be interested in anything less. Maidlee did a nice job with their male, he's just not my type. Good luck and let us know how it goes :)
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

wolfiebear

Post by wolfiebear »

Sorry for hijacking, but can you please describe what a Maidlee male doll feels like? I'm looking for a male doll as well, but I'm thinking of going with an inflatable as I already collect inflates.

INFORMATIONS