www.wmdolls.com

DEBATE: IS THREE male doll manufacturers ENOUGH?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Humper

Re: DEBATE: IS THREE male doll manufacturers ENOUGH?

Post by Humper »

xxxSaixxx wrote:I think as doll ownership itself gets to be more popular and less taboo, you will see more women and men looking for male dolls. I'm sure there are people like myself who would love a male doll, but are not thrilled with the current options.
I think this is what is happening. The fact that there are now three manufacturers of male dolls, with several varieties, is proof of that. What was there just a decade ago ... one lonely male doll?

Also, as the gay population comes out (and ages, like me), more men leave the bar scene and are looking for less-stressful, convenient fun. This change, along with more open female sexuality, will alter the field.

I now have a hunky John-Lee but would never have imagined his existing just a few years ago.

H.

Humper

Post by Humper »

Stephanie RD wrote:I believe male dolls are the key in the acceptance of love dolls because they will show dolls aren't merely expensive sex toys but actual companions.

My suggestion for future male doll models is that they be much less expensive and lighter like Candy Girls. They won't need sexual function or 100% realism. Just real enough for women to dress up and cuddle up with.

Women are obviously turned off by spending so much money, while guys are foaming so much at the mouth and the blood is running out of their brains that the cost is minor. Besides, they already know $6,000 for a girlfriend is CHEAP.

Women would also have greater trouble moving their doll, and most importantly hiding him from visitors.

Most of the male members here don't try and hide their doll from visitors. They simply only have people in their house whom know and accept their doll.

But that's just my opinion. What do women think of a cheaper lighter less realistic doll?
This is why I asked Teddy-Babes on more than one occasion for a male--even a commissioned one. Alas, no luck. I think a beautiful, not bank-breaking cloth guy would be great!

H.

Humper

Post by Humper »

Wim wrote:
swivelthumb wrote:I think the size issue is a big thing. To make a realistic male doll it has to be full size, which means a doll thats hard to handle. And if someone makes a doll that's 4ft tall, 50lbs, and hairless- its going to make people nervous.
Not if it's cute cuddly chap without a giant stick pointing out of his crotch, to say it blunt :)
For sure! If someone makes a light-weight short guy, he'll sell. Add a masculine face, a nice V shape, and muscles. I have seen a few college wrestlers up close (for real), and even the mid-weight guys are not much over 5 feet tall. Also, who said the doll had to be hairless?

H.

Velanah Torres

Post by Velanah Torres »

Dear forum,

No, there isn't enough male dolls on the market, and the good ones are far too expensive for the average consumer, unless your willing to buy an inflatable.

D.I.Y. male dolls are easier to make than you think, depending on the skills you own. One of the ideas that I had come up with was combining a onesie (all in one pajamas) with silicone feet, hands and a vinyl head with wig. I have placed the feet and hands in socks and cotton gloves respectfully, to help preserve the soft surface of the silicone from friction tears. I have stuffed the onesie with whatever I could find around the house, towels, rugs, blankets, pillows etcetera. I may alter this in the future. The feet, hands and head are held in place with zip ties. As for attaching a phallus, you can now buy underwear with an O ring sown into them, for holding various attachments. I am planning on buying some of those to test on my build in the near future.

I am very happy with my doll and have a strong emotional attachment towards him. He's like an over sized cuddly ragdoll that helps you keep warm in the winter. He's also very light, so carrying him around the house is really easy. I was able to get a wheelchair on the cheap which makes it easier to have him sit in the bathroom or at the kitchen table. I have even taken him for a walk to the park (at night of course). If I had the money and the means, I doubt that I would have bought a Realdoll. According the type of relationship, companionship and emotional support I receive by having my doll, I realize that a Realdoll would have been unsuitable. For my first build, if I were to include the cost of all the things I found around the house, it would be under a $1000 AU. Much cheaper, and with any luck, he will last a lot longer, and if he does break, a whole lot easier to fix, since I only have to replace a part.

Pictures of my doll are here: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67186
--V. Torres

Dolls: Manny Mark 1(DIY), Manny Mark 2(DIY) & Pranara (Kimber Doll)
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67186
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=110855

INFORMATIONS