realsexdoll.com

Doll-curious newbie

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Ygdrasilxyz

Doll-curious newbie

Post by Ygdrasilxyz »

I just wanted to say thank you to TDF in general--staff and board members both. SO goddamn glad I found this site well in advance. This place is a wealth of information and practical how-to for potential first-time buyers and already helped me to avoid scammers. Navigating the love doll industry is quite a maze if you're not already familiar with reliable vendors (SRSD has certainly caught my eye).

YL-158 K-cup with 220 face "Lady D"
WM-163 H-cup with 198 face "ScarJo" aka Black Widow
HR-164 G-cup with 26 face "Vampirella"
Irontech-156 E-cup ebony with Penny face "Mercedes Monroe"
6YE-161 L-cup with 213 face "Karen Starr" aka PowerGirl

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Doll-curious newbie

Post by dullahan »

Welcome to the forum! You're one of the lucky ones who found this place before their first purchase. It doesn't help that the scam sites are good at gaming Google's search algorithm and get most of the top spots.

I hope you find a suitable vendor here soon and can get into the fun part of choosing which doll to get.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Hello and welcome! And congratulations on coming here before making a purchase! :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

It's best to know what you are dealing with from others with more experience. I am also glad you found the forum before purchase. I hate the people use dolls to steal money from those that can't afford the risk. Some guys even say getting a doll saved their life.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Welcome Ygdrasilxyz. Glad you found us here first. Enjoy the forum and have fun in your search. :thumbs_up:

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Welcome! :D and have fun ygdrasilxyz! :wink:

Aldra

Post by Aldra »

welcome to the community Ygdrasilxyz! I bought my first doll a few weeks ago and I hope your experience goes as well as mine has! :D i also recommend SRSD they are a very reliable company and will take good care of you my dude.
Blessed Be

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

its much nicer reading people say i found this site BEFORE i bought a doll :)

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Most vendors offer a TDF discount. Be sure to ask!

Ygdrasilxyz

Post by Ygdrasilxyz »

Thanks guys. Given all the info I've found here I've certainly appreciated not to rush this, and not just because of the potential to get scammed by disreputable sources. I've already settled on getting a TPE doll given that this will be my first (and possibly only) one, and no sooner than January. However, I'm finding it exceedingly difficult to find a doll I'd actually buy for a myriad of reasons: what doll+face you like best, which vendors offer what brand, are the prices reasonable/what discounts are there, how anatomically correct are the dolls--in particular the placements of the orifices--, different skin tones, outer and inner textures ,etc. Some dolls that look bad in one promotional photoset also look radically different in other ones, so it's hard to tell.

Part of me is wondering if I shouldn't just wait until more improvements to the current generation of models have been made by the Chinese manufacturers. I'd happily pay a lot more if some of them actually offered articulated fingers, for instance. I did order a TPE testing piece though.
Begog wrote:Most vendors offer a TDF discount. Be sure to ask!
Thanks for the tip!

Maxwedge

Post by Maxwedge »

I enjoyed "building" dolls on webstores such as RLSD for a long time before ordering my first doll. I know what you mean about the faces looking good on one doll but not on another. Makeup, hair and eyes make a huge difference. Wigs and eyes are always easily replaceable, so I'd say find the body that will work for you (size, shape, weight) and get the most beautiful/cute face you see. The vendor will show available heads for that size body in the "Build a Doll" section. Don't like the faces available? Look at the next closest body type/size and see what they offer. Or another manufacturer.
Also, no woman is perfect, not even dolls. If you've always had a place in your heart (and pants) for Jessica Alba and finally got to date her, would you kick her out of bed because she had funny looking toes? I just mean don't worry too much about the tiny details. Pick a face that always makes you smile, and a body type you want to hold. If she's from a quality manufacturer you'll be very happy.
Aiko 60
Aiko 63 (×2)
Aiko 82
Dollhouse168 80cm
CLM J55
CLM J58 BBW
CLM J60P
CLM 72cm BBW Maria
CLM 100cm D cup Una Kane (w/ Una Carha head)
WM 039 Head
WM 355 Elf Head
WM 432 Head w/ ROS option (disappointing)
WM 100cm D cup Carmelita
WM M cup Torso
Piperdoll 75cm Ariel Torso
Piperdoll 75cm Akira Torso
Piperdoll 80cm Phoebe Elf TPE
Piperdoll 100cm Iris
MRL Torso (small w/penetratable nipples)
MF Easy Move Eyes

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Hello and Welcome :D
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

And WELCOME!

It's great to find someone doing their research before buying.

Perhaps you might have caught sight of some of my posts about fakes and about new manufacturers bringing forward low quality dolls and in my posts I try to point out landmarks of design or production to look for.

Certainly going through a reputable vendor takes away a lot of worries - but I'm trying to encourage a Manufacturer Provenance Verification process through which any customer can check with a manufacturer that the doll they have ordered is coming from the manufacturer the vendor says it's coming from. This isn't a sleight on any vendor, simply one of the building blocks of achieving solid confidence in quality of products coming out of China.

Here's the thread - viewtopic.php?f=87&t=93077 and drawing that thread to the attention of vendors and asking if they wouldn't mind if you checked with a manufacturer that your doll will be originating from that manufacturer might sow the seeds of vendors appreciating the value of the process.

Sometimes we get queries about the quality of a doll put onto the forum and there are always variables. Is the quality of a manufacturer changing? Is the newbie to dolls not really knowing what to expect? Did the doll really come from that manufacturer?

If the third variable is a solid "Yes" then it's easier to take a view on the other questions and that can save a lot of hassle for a vendor.

I bought second hand a doll from a UK forum member and it became obvious that the doll he'd bought, from whatever source I don't know, had a genuine head but a body from a different production line.

Vendors who are willing to work with the verification process will inspire confidence and reap the benefits of doing so.

If people who haven't bought a doll yet would like to encourage the idea then together we can achieve a change for the better for all.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Welcome to tdf. Please consider durability and weight as factors in your doll purchasing decision.

Check out the manufacturer sections repair and maintanance areas. That will give you an idea of what to expect from each type of doll.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Ygdrasilxyz

Post by Ygdrasilxyz »

Maxwedge wrote:I enjoyed "building" dolls on webstores such as RLSD for a long time before ordering my first doll. I know what you mean about the faces looking good on one doll but not on another. Makeup, hair and eyes make a huge difference. Wigs and eyes are always easily replaceable, so I'd say find the body that will work for you (size, shape, weight) and get the most beautiful/cute face you see. The vendor will show available heads for that size body in the "Build a Doll" section. Don't like the faces available? Look at the next closest body type/size and see what they offer. Or another manufacturer.
Also, no woman is perfect, not even dolls. If you've always had a place in your heart (and pants) for Jessica Alba and finally got to date her, would you kick her out of bed because she had funny looking toes? I just mean don't worry too much about the tiny details. Pick a face that always makes you smile, and a body type you want to hold. If she's from a quality manufacturer you'll be very happy.
That's something to keep in mind, sure. Articulated fingers I can compromise on since it's so technically difficult at sustainable prices. It's just things like the orifice placement issue that are a deal-breaker for me. I've been torn between the JY-162, the YL-165, and the IronTech 160 because I like bigger butts, and want positions like doggystyle to at least not be a hassle. However, all three seemed to have this problem judging from promo photos. JY tries to cover it up with clothed photos shot at strange angles, but after asking the manufacturer directly for clearer photos it was clear that this issue hasn't been fixed still. Then I read elsewhere on this forum that YL/WM (both produced in the same factory I gather) have started crafting more realistic labia and a better placement of the anus (?).

Then literally yesterday WM released photos of their new 163 model, like they were reading my mind or something. That body is smoking.
samara78 wrote:Welcome to tdf. Please consider durability and weight as factors in your doll purchasing decision.

Check out the manufacturer sections repair and maintanance areas. That will give you an idea of what to expect from each type of doll.
I was wondering about this dead weight problem--I think it might be less of an issue for me because I'm a 20-something who spends much of his spare time lifting weights, but 40-50kgs can still be a lot.

INFORMATIONS