realsexdoll.com

Um... hi.

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Akura
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Um... hi.

Post by Akura »

Hello. I guess this is a little awkward for me, this is my first time on a forum of this nature.

I'd say I've been interested in dolls for some time now. I never really had the ability to get one, though, due to income and other issues. Researching further into getting one is what led me to here, and I've been lurking for a few weeks now. This site has been a tremendous resource, and it's helped push me to be committed to actually getting one - and soon, as I have a week's vacation off from work coming up.

I'm not sure if here would be a good place or not to put some basic questions that I might've missed while searching the forum. I already have picked out a doll that I think I want most, Aiko, but I'll keep the Aiko-specific questions to that board.
For sanitizing/disinfecting a doll, what's good? I know that rubbing alcohol is bad for TPE, but for silicone(note: Aiko is silicone)? Hydrogen Peroxide, or some other disinfectant I can pick up at the local grocery store or pharmacy? I do keep a bottle of rubbing alcohol on hand for other uses.
For powdering her, corn starch or talc? I've heard that corn starch tends to attract vermin, something definitely to avoid. On the other hand, which provides a better result?

As for myself, I'm mainly a gamer, I work in a large thrift store chain, and live at home with my mom and stepdad who are rather... backwards-minded. Part of the reason I'm looking at a minidoll like Aiko is the size; the 60cm doll is small enough to easily store discreetly, and in fact is small enough that if I keep her clothed and clean she could be passed off as a non-sexual doll and instead displayed openly as a desk or shelf decoration. My parents already know I tend to collect random things like that(and they do too. They've got at least one porcelain doll around here).

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Um... hi.

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Akura, welcome to TDF :D

Mondoon
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mondoon »

Hi Akura and welcome to TDF.

If your intended doll is silicone then corn flour is probably the best to use, it's edible and quite safe for you. I've never heard of a doll being attractive to vermin but some of them are so pretty it wouldn't surprise me. You will find some good threads on cleaning silicone dolls and other care and maintenance threads.
Take your time, have a cup of tea and look around for the information you need. If you have any questions then just ask, we are very friendly here.
I've got a 60cm BJD so it's quite usual to have her sat around watching TV or something.

Good luck with the search.
"Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" - John Lennon

Super Softy Monkey Team Doll Force Go !!

Hanna's Thread
Hanna's Album
Hanna's CoverDoll Shoot

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

Hi Akura!
Welcome to the family! I was going to start off teasing you about "this kind of forum", but you're already speaking the lingo, so I'll just say welcome aboard. Sanitizing a silicone doll really isn't an issue like it is with TPE. When I had my Mini Love Doll (silicone), handy wipes worked like a champ for inside the mouth, vagina, and anal. Besides that, it's just the normal monthly or bi-monthly cleaning with baby shampoo then powdering. I'm really excited for you and your new adventure. Your dad may be "backward-thinking", but if you do end up keeping your new doll out in the open, don't be surprised if you come home one day and find her hair and clothes mussed up and a big grin on your father's face. :lol:
Meso
(pronounced Me-So)
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Welcome to TDF! Aiko is silicone. All you really need is antibacterial soap and hot water to clean but I think alcohol is ok too. Antibactrial wipes are good as well. Cornstarch based powder is better as talc can cause cancer and respiratory issues.
I personally use Johnsons cornstarch baby powder with lavender scent.
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Welcome! Starting out can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. Sounds like you are already thinking ahead and considering intended storage and use. I too started out with an 80cm elfling doll from JM doll and she is still routinely rocks my world! She is a great little "spinner" and is still very easy to keep clean and hidden away. This lifestyle takes a good amount of imagination, creativity, and mechanical skills. Make sure you understand the realities from fantasy. Doll lifespan depends on you, how much you use her and how well you treat her. You will find many threads here to get you straight on maintaining and upgrades.

I think this site for a good intro and resource for starters:
http://mysexdoll.net/the-best-sex-dolls-guide/

I personally can't recommend the above site (mysexdoll) to buy anything from; they are NOT a vetted vendor on this forum. However, the information provided is well organized and accurate.

Keep in mind.....there are tons of vendors out there with NO means of quality control. Most take advantage of the NO RETURN policy for intimate products and stick you with something of poor quality. That's where our vendors really shine, they are all tested and vouched for by our members. Just stick with a TDF approved vendor. They will help you get a quality doll as well as the doll you actually want. (All are Listed out in this thread)
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=68

There are always sales going on. Take your time and do not rush into it. TDF vendors will often make every effort to meet or beat a reasonable price match offer. Narrow your decision to a TPE doll and a silicon doll. Email or PM 2-3 vendors directly from here (TDF) and ask any questions to gauge your desired level of customer service and for pricing/available discounts.
Best wishes!
:glou:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Nice advice! I have one of these they look great dressed and very non sexual dressed up. She is easy to use and they have an 80 cm doll now. I recommend the 80 cm.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

I see that others have already answered your questions perfectly. Which is good as that will save me a bit of typing! :D
So I will just say welcome to the forum! :glou:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Welcome to the forums!!! :D
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi! And WELCOME!

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Welcome to the forum Akura. :glou:

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Welcome aboard!

Have you considered starting with an inflatable? It would give you a sense of your own interest in maintaining/cleaning a doll, be easy to store, and comparatively inexpensive. Yes, your end goal may be to get a TPE doll when circumstances are right, but an inflatable might work as a starter purchase.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Welcome Akura,
Please- Have a look at our welcome page!

http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 31&t=69369
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS