realsexdoll.com

Aspiring Doll Designer Happy to Join the Community!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Greyhavens
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Aspiring Doll Designer Happy to Join the Community!

Post by Greyhavens »

Hello Everyone!

Im "Alex" or "Greyhavens", whatever you want to call me. I'm an artist in my early 40's and ever since I was in my teens, I've had a fascination with love dolls. I even attempted to make my own back then without much success. These days, my artistic ability in both drawing and sculpting has increased and I find myself longing to design and build a doll. I'm actually more interested in the design part and sculpting part though as of yet I haven't the space to go full boar at it. Maybe one day... In the meantime I've been lurking here and learning so much about TPE lovedolls and have found a very inviting and non-judgemental community. For a long time I felt a bit at odds with the rest of society for having this secret fascination, and indeed it seems that in our society, it is less acceptable for men to be interested in erotic toys than women, but what I have observed by lurking here and reading your posts is that there are a lot of men here just like me; sensitive, curious, and passionate.

Like many of you I have also had difficulty speaking with women. There have even been occasions where I have passed a chance to ask a woman out even when her body language was screaming for an introduction because I was too shy to approach her... Even so, I have had my share of good and bad relationships. Currently I am in a very stable long term relationship and though she is very loving and also understanding of my secret fascination, part of my overall fantasy consists of keeping this secret to myself, therefore I've been taking great care in the planning to keep my hobby discreet.

With that, I've been in the process of finding my future doll with the help of Jeff at BCD. I'm so glad I did my research and chose BCD for my vendor.

I am hoping to become an active member of this forum (time permitting). Having now accepted the fact (with the help of this forum community) that this is part of who I am and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Because of this, I have seen a resurgence in my interests of drawing erotic art specifically inspired by our beloved dolls. I hope to share this work with you all in the future, and who knows? Maybe it will help inspire a new generation of Dolls? It seems to me that the desires of the community are what help drive innovation forward. I hope we can all work together here to improve the next generation of these beautiful, amazing and practical figures, and elevate them to high art. Thanks so much for your accepting and positive community!

Your fellow doll aficionado,

A. Greyhavens

JB423

Re: Aspiring Doll Designer Happy to Join the Community!

Post by JB423 »

Hello Alex, and welcome!
Just call me Jay...

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Welcome aboard!!

There are quite a few here that like to tinker w/ making dolls and some actually have!
You will fit right in. :thumbs_up:

RK
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Welcome to TDF, Greyhavens. Good luck with everything. :)

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Welcome to our community, you'll fit in very well. We'll love to see your art too!

Excellent choice in vendors btw, and which doll are you thinking of getting?

Hand Banana
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Hand Banana »

If you search the forums theres a couple of threads with people who have actually made their own,with photos! Have you thought about incorporating 3D printing into your hobby?

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:D That is exciting news Alex, there are a few vendors who may want to review some of your work who are delving into their own exclusives as well, so will let them chat to you in their own time.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Greyhavens
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Greyhavens »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Welcome to our community, you'll fit in very well. We'll love to see your art too!

Thank you! Right now it's Between the OR 156 H cup and the YL 155 custom D. I'm looking for good proportions and a bit more realism which I feel the YL 155 has, so I'm leaning in that direction.

Greyhavens
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Greyhavens »

Anung Un Rama wrote::D That is exciting news Alex, there are a few vendors who may want to review some of your work who are delving into their own exclusives as well, so will let them chat to you in their own time.

Anung
Thank you! I hope that at some point I can talk to them about designing exclusives, but for now, baby steps :) My focus is on anatomical realism which I feel is the next step in TPE. There are only a few dolls that really exhibit that kind of nuance in the sculpt. Of course it has been explored in the more expensive silicone variety, but I don't see why it can't be done with other materials.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Welcome Grey!

And ditto on the BCD thing. Getting a good vendor is gold for your first go 'round. And probably for the second .. and third .. :-)

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Hi Greyhavens, welcome to TDF :D

Sure this is a great community :wink:

And if you like please share some pictures of your art 8)

Greyhavens
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Greyhavens »

Hand Banana wrote:If you search the forums theres a couple of threads with people who have actually made their own,with photos! Have you thought about incorporating 3D printing into your hobby?
Would you mind pointing to towards a few? I'm very interested. My goal for now is to work on a few scaled down sculpts based on my designs, not functional purely aesthetic figures just to warm up. I've thought about 3D printing. Still waiting for someone to come up with a 3D ball and socket jointed skeleton made out of some sort of durable polymer... there has to be a way to cut down on weight, I think the skeleton is one way. I imagine too we can start moving towards more realism with new technology. I've also been looking at VR 3D sculpting tools as a means of designing the sculpt. Amazing stuff going on out there. Eventually the Doll community will reap the rewards.

Greyhavens
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Greyhavens »

Nescio50 wrote:Hi Greyhavens, welcome to TDF :D

Sure this is a great community :wink:

And if you like please share some pictures of your art 8)

I definitely will! Where might I be able to start a thread for my work? Just asking so I don't post where I shouldn't. :D

Agent D

Post by Agent D »

Greetings Alex -
Welcome! I too would love to see some of your drawing work. Have fun here, and there is also a wealth of knowledge about doll construction, technology and the state of the industry. Ouch, Shelby just elbowed me - And yes, they're are a lot of really beautiful ladies here to admire as well. :-)
D.

Greyhavens
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Greyhavens »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:Welcome to our community, you'll fit in very well. We'll love to see your art too!

Thanks! BCD has been amazing! As close to bespoke as you're going to get with TPE, it's almost like getting prescription haha! Thorough, sensitive to your needs and limitations, friendly and thoughtful. Flashy websites are no match for a Jeff's one on one service. So glad he is a part of this community!

INFORMATIONS