sexyrealsexdolls.com

TPE doll failure (rust, cracks, discoloration)

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
less_than_perfect
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

TPE doll failure (rust, cracks, discoloration)

Post by less_than_perfect »

Starting a general post about some major problems I have with my doll. I've had trouble locating enough information in the forums to really help. Information is there but often scattered and leaves questioning which post is the best answer, etc. I would like to compile a list of cures to the following ailments, when a good answer is given I'll update the main question so others may find the best solution quicker. Please no links to other post unless the end post is direct and to the point.

My TPE doll suffers from a broken neck, severe rust, slow noisy joints, broken/split silicon, sunken in silicon spots, rust discoloration and black mold. She is less than 6 months old (from company) and I was probably setup for failure by the previous owner. I'm not trying to make her look brand new but to make her last at least a year or so.

What I have learned from the forums.

Broken neck
-- Cut open doll along seems replace skeleton, re glue along seams. Can anyone elaborate?

Severe rust
-- Cut open doll along seems replace skeleton, re glue along seams. Can anyone elaborate?

Slow noisy joints
-- Using needle inject water based mechanical lubricate into joints. Can anyone elaborate?

Broken/split silicon
-- TPE drying out or friction? Why from lack of powder?

Sunken in silicon spots
-- TPE drying out? Why from lack of powder?

Rust discoloration
-- Wash apply baking soda and let sit (ineffective on TPE)

Black mold
-- Using knife cut away black mold spots. If washed before use is the discoloration from mold strictly a cosmetic issue, no health concerns?

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Re: TPE doll failure (rust, cracks, discoloration)

Post by Tybalt »

I have stated before that the mold can be erased and clensed by soaking paper towel in bleach and letting the paper wad set on the mold spots.

The rust is because the last guy or you bathed the doll. It is much easier to sponge bath a sillicone or tpe doll. You wet the surface, spray disinfectant, lit it sizzle and kill germs, then wipe off dry and powder each major area.

The split n dry area could be from rubbing without proper lube from toydemon. Get the love lotions. Clear colorless, oderless, slippery . Add more water sometimes when rubbing your dick on tpe/silicone.

For the rust spots on the tpe, try the wm stain cleaner.

less_than_perfect
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by less_than_perfect »

Thanks for the reply, the split area on my doll is actually on the feet I'm hoping someone has a solution to all the above problems or a place to start. You might have mentioned in another section of the forums about the mold. Sorry to recreate a forum topic on this, but the information is extremely hard to find and or buried. The bleach for me didn't work to remove the discoloration but I know that stops the mold. The WM stain remover are you referring to this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wm-Barr-FG503 ... r/31088374

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

You must soak paper towel in bleach. Put paper towel on area of mold. It takes several hours and applications.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Does the bleach work for other stains too or is acetone just fine for other stuff?
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Don't let acetone anywhere near TPE. It destroys it. A smear, not a drop, can possibly act as glue but it does things by dissolving.

Rust? Where is the rust?

Mold - bleach - I like hydrogen peroxide for some purposes.

It's disappointing to hear of your experience. In my view dolls should be made to be able to last longer than this in ordinary use.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

havefun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by havefun »

I hate to tell you this but if you have to cut down to the skeleton there is no repair for the TPE.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

wrecked beaver
wrecked beaver
20150423_182629.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 5401 times
Fixed beaver
Fixed beaver
20150426_230055.jpg (1.61 MiB) Viewed 5401 times
There is repair for the tpe.

The repair method is a solvent. It should be impressed upon people who decide to repair the doll, be advised that a drop is good enough. My used doll had cuts all over her head and limbs, and a torn hoo ha. I wanted to see if I could fix her turns out a tooth pic was all I needed.

I sent the op a pm. If you need anything get back to me. If she is light enough I may be able to help. Let me know one way or the other .
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

broadfall

Post by broadfall »

If you have a sample from the manufacturer you can take a piece of tpe and dissolve it in xylol to make a paste, then apply to the inside of the cut being careful not to get any on the doll surface.
".....a man got to do something to make a living these days"
Dying ain't much of a living..... boy.
-Outlaw Josie Wales

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

broadfall wrote:If you have a sample from the manufacturer you can take a piece of tpe and dissolve it in xylol to make a paste, then apply to the inside of the cut being careful not to get any on the doll surface.
This seems to be gold-dust information and what many of us are looking for.

Thanks so much

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

Thndrrbolt
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Thndrrbolt »

I have both a sample of TPE from BD and xylene.
Sometime this week I HOPE to be able to give this method a try. Getting our RV ready for the big trip this summer has proved to be more of a job than was originally anticipated.
When I do get a "Roundtuit", I'll post pics of the results.
T'Bolt

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

broadfall wrote:If you have a sample from the manufacturer you can take a piece of tpe and dissolve it in xylol to make a paste, then apply to the inside of the cut being careful not to get any on the doll surface.
That's perfect broad fall, great idea.
I have requested a sample of tpe to play with.

One other thing I noticed about tpe. Some of It sucks up water. Very porous material.

wolfpup
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by wolfpup »

What doll is that in the pic's above ? is that the 100cm doll ? I just ordered one and just noticed this post and kind of freaked me out I plan to be VERY carful with my TPE doll but I was hopping for her to last 3 to 5 years with out any major damage. I will be watching this closely. I had some idea's for repairs but would require the aid of a machine like a Plastic mold maker a sheet of transparent plastic gets heated, You put the doll body in the middle the plastic gets lowered over doll and the air gets sucked out and creates a vacuum sailed to the body, then use freeze spray to cool it off very fast to prevent doll damage.
But now you have a mold to keep the doll body in, and possible to rebuild the body parts and more with it.
I'm not 100% sure but I think tpe is a secret formula , years ago I emailed fleshlite asking what was used to make there toys and they would not give me any info. But to fix a tpe doll it would be good to have a couple gallons of the TPE to work with.

Note that I have not tried this yet and is only a thought, I have made 3d printed Dolfie doll's in the past that came out REALY nice. but jumping into the larger doll world has had its own new problems. and there is a 3d printer that can print with silicon maybe some day TPE as well as it melts with heat just like PVC, but 3d printers are very small that I can get would need something Bigger so we don't have to print a bunch of small parts.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

samara78 wrote:
broadfall wrote: One other thing I noticed about tpe. Some of It sucks up water. Very porous material.
I have read somewhere about someone asking how to reattach the TPE to the skeleton.

I had a doll to whom I was most unkind and made her feel very frustrated with me. However I nursed her back to life and she's now making someone else happy . . . but she had an encounter with water. It was this that made the TPE expand and disconnected from her skeleton. Leaving her for a couple of months and letting her dry out caused the TPE to shrink onto the skeleton again and she left me happier than when we had met . . .

The Xylol method of preparing a TPE glue seems a good one. I dissolved a piece of TPE in Xylol and it's now a thick liquid and would work well, I'm sure.

I wouldn't do anything in the nature of the over-all heat treatment as above. I'd think it would be very hazardous. The small repairs I found to be best done with a battery soldering iron melting new TPE into wounds.

As far as overall lifetime is concerned, I read somewhere that TPE is not intended to last more than 5 years although what that's based on I've no idea. TPE dolls are good sextoys and in my opinion one simply has to adopt that attitude to them rather than any sort of permanent emotion.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Jenniman

Post by Jenniman »

I have ordered my first TPE doll and have obviously been considering how to maintain and store her to ensure the longest lifespan. Reading the posts mentioning the deterioration of the doll's structure over time, and the general opinion that there is a lifespan of 3-5 years, I wondered about the ultimate fate of TPE dolls. I apologise for this being a grim and almost taboo subject but, as they can't just simply be taken to a waste disposal or recycling (is that possible?) site as they are, what have people done?

INFORMATIONS