sexyrealsexdolls.com

Is alcohol harmful to TPE?

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
superx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Is alcohol harmful to TPE?

Post by superx »

I always used alcohol hand sanitizer on my RD.....is it ok for cleaning orifices on TPE?

Presley13
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Is alcohol harmful to TPE?

Post by Presley13 »

I have been using Isopropyl Alcohol on both silicone and TPE. I like to use it as a final rinse to absorb any remaining water.
I asked Beautiful-dolls about TPE and Isopropyl and Joy told me it was safe to use.
Presley from Ruby13 - Head #10, Silicone, 132cm, 50lbs
Celine from Beautiful Dolls, Heads #15(Celine) & #18 (Ning), TPE, 163cm, 70lbs

superx
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by superx »

thanks!

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

I think it can also vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I know that PIB's advice is to use Acetone as a cleaning/sanitizing agent and baby wipes for normal cleanup.

-karpos
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Acetone will melt tpe. For tpe it would be more than likely corrosive.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

karpos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by karpos »

samara78 wrote:Acetone will melt tpe. For tpe it would be more than likely corrosive.
Crap, didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out. :thumbs_up:
Karpos (transliteration of the Ancient Greek noun meaning fruit)

My Girls: Vanima, PIB GND (2015) Mina head, Neoti, PIB BB (2009) Fujiko head (2015), Linara BT3 2014 Star, Syn'tras'kha PIB BB (2012) Paris head (2016)
Vani's photo thread Vani's main thread Neoti's intro thread Linara's intro thread

Appears we got here just in the nick of time, what does that make us?

Big Damn Heroes, sir
Ain't we just

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

karpos wrote:I think it can also vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I know that PIB's advice is to use Acetone as a cleaning/sanitizing agent and baby wipes for normal cleanup.

-karpos
This is because PIBs, and Ruby 13 as Brash has had to point out, and DS, 4Woods, Abyss with RealDoll and Boy Toys are made of Platinum Silicone, and not out of TPE

TPE is a wholly different material and not to be confused with silicone.

Silicone can be deep cleaned with acetone. But TPE is destroyed by it.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

CowboyBebop
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CowboyBebop »

Pretty sure I read somewhere not to use alcohol on TPE. I will try to find the link...
Not sure how reliable this link is but it said not to use rubbing alcohol on tpe sex toys. Not sure how this relates to dolls, but here is the link anyway.
http://www.naughtyreenie.com/materials/ ... -sex-toys/

Some general info in this thread:
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 9eca7da8e7

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Presley13 wrote:I have been using Isopropyl Alcohol on both silicone and TPE. I like to use it as a final rinse to absorb any remaining water.
I asked Beautiful-dolls about TPE and Isopropyl and Joy told me it was safe to use.
Same here. I use it almost exclusively to clean any toy or girly part that needs to be sanitized. Usually a good soap & water wash, then clean towel dry and finally either rinse out with or pour the IA over it and let air dry.
For cleaning out my girls, I use a soapy soft nap hotdog paint roller for a good in and out scrub, then another roller cover dipped in the IA for a final swirl. Since PIB heads are solid silicone, I just remove the head, tilt it back and pour it in like mouthwash. Swirl around a few times and pour it into the sink. 5 years on and not one issue concerning reaction or hygiene.
Sanitary wipes also work great for a quick cleaning and wiping off all those places you've spent time playing with :wink:

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

PIB, far as i know is silicone...(not TPE )
the two are completely different,,,for example Vaseline hardens silicone and softens TPE...

so have to note what material is being discussed...

i've used rubbing alcohol on tpe, but i don't drown it...just give it a light spray and wipe the excess off.
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I seem to recall Indigo having mentioned (perhaps in his instructions for the TPE welding kit he has developed), that alcohol is a no no with tpe as it dries it out.
For my money, I use a femdom so the orifices never have to be cleaned as they simply absorb Vaseline (I NEVER use water based products as they promote mold).
For exterior cleaning, I use soap and water (with the orifices plugged) but afterwards I use mineral oil and the card scraping method. I'm always surprised how much visible dirt this removes. Powder after that.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I use mineral oil and the card scraping method. I'm always surprised how much visible dirt this removes. Powder after that.
True that. Normal soap and water does not come close to getting out stuff that is absorbed into the TPE
Love,
Megan and Ximena
Attachments
DSCN2738.JPG
DSCN2738.JPG (2.13 MiB) Viewed 5609 times

Mon Amour Toujour
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Mon Amour Toujour »

Dollyman25442 wrote:I seem to recall Indigo having mentioned (perhaps in his instructions for the TPE welding kit he has developed), that alcohol is a no no with tpe as it dries it out.
Correct. I learned this lesson the hard way. I do not use alcohol for disinfecting TPE anymore. Peroxide is the best disinfectant to use on TPE.
Email:info@FreelovedollHouse.com
http://www.freelovedollhouse.com/
We only provide quality dolls to our customers! If you are ordering dolls for the first time, then choosing us is a good guarantee for you!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

And hydrogen peroxide is a sperm killer as well!
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

:cry: ...alcohol.poison for tpe...........harmful ? yes! ............:drinking:
Attachments
I'm 100% silicone, I'm fine with it.
I'm 100% silicone, I'm fine with it.
IMG4956.jpg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 5567 times

INFORMATIONS