dollstudio.org

Is this a good skeleton for a TPE doll?

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Is this a good skeleton for a TPE doll?

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

this is a new skeleton for TPE dolls:
skel.jpg
skel.jpg (334.75 KiB) Viewed 2664 times
It looks promising…

What do you think?

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Is this a good skeleton for a TPE doll?

Post by ZZZZ »

I think the "bones" should be hollow, and as wide as possible!

For example, "Why do we need a chest cavity filled with 10 kg of TPE?!?"

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

ZZZZ wrote:I think the "bones" should be hollow, and as wide as possible!

Blow moulded plastic bones with built in snap together ball joints would be my idea :idea:
You could also have a blow moulded chest cavity to reduce weight even further :D :D :D
Welcome to Future , Just take a look inside .
We've got every thing you need , including Sex Android's
Come on Boys , Just take a look , Every things Unique
If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

The neck and shoulder joints look very promising! I'll reserve judgement until i see what the fingers look like though!

:fadein:

ZD

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

ZannyDanger wrote:The neck and shoulder joints look very promising! I'll reserve judgement until i see what the fingers look like though!
skel2.jpg
skel2.jpg (80.5 KiB) Viewed 2624 times
Finger are still wires (unchanged). There is a metal plate with slots where the wires are welded into.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Thank you for the picture Sandro!

I like this plate design, looks like it could provide a pretty secure footing for the finger wires with a good weld! Should help lessen the likelyhood of a wire breaking loose over time!

While in my opinion the industry should strive to move forward to a new hand design entirely, i do realise that it's what we have to work with for the moment.

Very interesting to see the bare hand plate and thank you for being so open about your products, the skeleton is often one of the most mysterious components in these dolls and very rarely is detailed information about it handily available. I will be keeping an eye out on the new upgraded skeleton in the coming months as i am currently planning a purchase around the corner of 2018.

With that being said, i like the new double hinged neck a LOT, and the shoulders look like they provide a great range of motion! Not to mention the waist too! It's great to see the industry pushing the boundaries yet again!

:glou:

ZD

abracadabra
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by abracadabra »

The neck and shoulders definitely look like improvements. Though it's all for not if those joints aren't at least sanded down to remove the sharp factory edges. My experience with those types of joints , is why the knees and elbows eventually split the tpe. Those edges are razor sharp and all the bulletproof gauze in the world won't resist those sharp edges.
It might add another hour of fabrication time in the shop to have someone smooth those critical edges, but it would add years to the lifespan of the product.
"no matter how good looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her shit"

"f#ck the G-ride, I want the machines that are making em."

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

I like the improvements to the hand/wrist and neck joints. Having posable shoulders will be wonderful too, but it looks like that will be a very long neck. That being said, I still plan to wait for jointed fingers before purchasing another doll.
Thank you for sharing this. Seeing how things work (on the inside) makes it much easier to understand how our dolls will move.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

bob7892 wrote:

Blow moulded plastic bones with built in snap together ball joints would be my idea :idea:
You could also have a blow moulded chest cavity to reduce weight even further :D :D :D
They keep telling us plastic won't work with TPE due to the high heat required in the mold process. I've always been a bit skeptical of that claim myself.

As to the skeleton shown. Does look promising, but I'd like to see a less bulky joint utilized. A ball and socket arrangement perhaps.

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Mr Franz wrote:
bob7892 wrote:

They keep telling us plastic won't work with TPE due to the high heat required in the mold process. I've always been a bit skeptical of that claim myself.
It doesn't have to be plastic. Why not aluminum? Industry turns out aluminum cans by the billions, and then we throw them away - so aluminum has to be cheap and easy.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

My 2 cents:

It looks good in terms of posing, etc. .

The neck isn't a gooseneck, good.

Are the wrists reinforced?

Are all sharp edges removed that can cut through knees, elbows, etc.?

Have you solved the joint tightness/loosening issue?

How does it fit/fasten in the mold?

Can you sequentially cast a lighter core, then a denser out layer (different molds) with this skeleton?

Does this skeleton allow for 'normal' penetration of orifices?
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

ZZZZ wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:
bob7892 wrote:

It doesn't have to be plastic. Why not aluminum? Industry turns out aluminum cans by the billions, and then we throw them away - so aluminum has to be cheap and easy.
Yeah, I agree 100%. I was thinking along those lines myself. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

I am thinking this is a JY skeleton design as the pic in the background looks like a pic from the JY 158 Diana set.

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

Boobman wrote:I am thinking this is a JY skeleton design as the pic in the background looks like a pic from the JY 158 Diana set.

I think it's the new Irontech skeleton myself :D
Welcome to Future , Just take a look inside .
We've got every thing you need , including Sex Android's
Come on Boys , Just take a look , Every things Unique
If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Do I detect spot welds at the nuts and bolts? Locking these would be a HUGE improvement.
While the hand design is an improvement, wires for fingers is passe. If the manufacturers want the new business, the wires gotta go.
Also, jaws need to be hinged as most of the dolls on the market have oral cavities that are all but un-useable.
Likin the idea in a previous post for a chest cavity not filled! Large butt dolls could mebbe be hollowed out too? Any weight savings is a big plus. A few pounds count and save manufacturing material costs as well.

INFORMATIONS