dollstudio.org

My favourite doll portraits

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

My favourite doll portraits

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

every day I'm sifting through so many pictures; some of them are crappy, others are quite nice and a few somehow stick in my head because they are somehow special - at least for me. I this thread I will present in loose succession those doll portraits that somehow touched me. The pictures are not necessarily flawless textbook photographies. It is a very subjective selection, and I will annotate short comments what I like (or dislike).

Please feel free to add you own 'best of' selection.

I will start with a picture that was taken by a friend, Mizuwali.
DSC00536.JPG
DSC00536.JPG (275.15 KiB) Viewed 6345 times
This is a doll from a TDF-listed manufacturer, so I am allowed to disclose her heritage. She is a Doll Forever D4E-155 body style with Sabrina head. The image was scaled down and our logo was added on the bottom; no cropping or other photo editing was done.

I am not entirely sure what made this photo stick in my head. Sabrina is a beautiful face and she looks good in almost any photo. In this particular one I think it is the direct eye contact. Mizuwali is very skilled in making his photo models look alive and for me, this photo demonstrates this mastery.

Let's see what I dig up next time ;-)

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Byakuya Kuciki

Re: My favourite doll portraits

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Her face is still one of the most beautiful doll faces i have ever seen in my opinion.
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Please allow me to add a few portraits ...

Here's Lena, don't know her commercial name, she's an OR Doll ...
Lena_2528.jpg
Lena_2528.jpg (362.84 KiB) Viewed 6301 times
Here's Rosita, not sure if she's available, she's a Vivid Doll ...
Rosita_4455.jpg
Rosita_4455.jpg (711.88 KiB) Viewed 6301 times

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Li is a 150cm dollhouse 168. She has a lillian face.
BCD
Attachments
li.JPG
li.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 6284 times

Star88
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Star88 »

Here are a few of my favourites..

ImageImageImageImage

NeoChibi
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by NeoChibi »

**Zoriana**
I love selfies
^.~
Attachments
IMG_20170819_011612_204.jpg
IMG_20170819_011612_204.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 6263 times
IMG_20170813_202851_590.jpg
IMG_20170813_202851_590.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 6263 times
IMG_20170207_015740_179.jpg
IMG_20170207_015740_179.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 6263 times

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

Some lovely images! :D

irishgirl
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by irishgirl »

Star88 wrote:
Here are a few of my favourites..

ImageImageImageImage
wow these are beautiful pics.... :) IG

And the others too are just awesome!
Can't wait to see more... :glou: IG
SEXY LEXI 135YL
D'arcy WM head #36..
London WM 118 twin
Ireland WM 118 twin
Mz.B
and a few miniature's..
[/color]BCD MAKES DOLL DREAMS COME TRUE TOO... just ask London!

Anywhere you go, there you are!!!
https://www.ebay.com/usr/igmagneticjewelry

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

This will be interesting to watch, hope it finds friendly and thoughtful participation.
I did come across pictures that kinda left an "impression" over the years and also some stories.
It will be impossible for me to reference them all and not neglect others so I hope whatever few I pick will just be taken as examples.
I'll start with a former official advertisement picture:
Orient Industry Ange Anna
Orient Industry Ange Anna
anna_01_l.jpg (108.75 KiB) Viewed 6205 times
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by poppy70 »

One of the shots I like most is the one I did after a make up session.
Unfortunately I dislike the smell of TPE more and more, so Jeanne is kept in storage most of the time now.
DSCF3288b.JPG
DSCF3288b.JPG (93.81 KiB) Viewed 6185 times
DSCF3306a.JPG
DSCF3306a.JPG (100.86 KiB) Viewed 6185 times
My other girls are still a little photo shy, so maybe some time there will be more, but not yet.
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

The WM 20.
BCD
Attachments
real09042016-3a.png
real09042016-3a.png (974.59 KiB) Viewed 6178 times

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

thanks for sharing all these lovely pictures!

I am curious. Maybe you could chat a bit more what makes special for you?

This is a find I came across recently:
5K3A8198.JPG
5K3A8198.JPG (263.54 KiB) Viewed 6115 times
Her name is Anna. Again, the image was scaled down and our logo was added on the bottom; no cropping or other photo editing was done.

What made me connect with Annas picture is again the direct eye contact, I guess. I selected this portrait because of the pose and the style - for me, the composition of this photo is flawless: excellent lightning, no hard shadows, good visibility of details. And the pose is just so charming. In all that white, Anna appears innocent but yet alluring - and very sweet.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

My own doll is a favorite :-)
Ava
Attachments
P1011094.JPG
P1011094.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 6105 times

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

here is another picture that stayed in my head:
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-zo-a10-head-18.jpg
z-onedoll-zo-160-body-zo-a10-head-18.jpg (553.2 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
This is the Victoria head (ZO-A10) from Z-Onedoll and their rich fundus of stunning pictures. The image was scaled down and our logo was added on the bottom; no cropping or other photo editing was done.

With Victoria I am undecided if I really like the face or not. On some pictures she looks pretty, on others she appears too reserved. Let's just say that Victoria is a versatile head.

In the photo above she is just beautiful, with a hinted smile. What I like in the picture is the exotic setting and the natual coloring. The full picture set is here: http://us.dollstudio.org/node/3603.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

two additions today… the first one is from Taiwanese photographer and designer Mizuwali, again.
piper-doll-pi-130-body-phoebe-head-3866-image-header.JPG
piper-doll-pi-130-body-phoebe-head-3866-image-header.JPG (274.01 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
This is the Phoebe head from the new Piper Fantasy lineup. I scaled and cropped this picture to 1920:800 aspect ratio to focus on the face. Once more, the doll makes immediate eye contact with the viewer and, at least for me, there is a connection - and curiosity on both sides - right away. In this picture I agree with Mizuwali's lighting - there is light which accentuates the fair skin and the blond hair. Phoebe has the sweet face of an innocent girl, which is nicely countered by the hinted nude body in the background. It's a style I like.

My second selection today is a head called Natasha. I wouldn't call her a girl; she is rather a real woman with a fresh, but unambiguously adult face:
natasha-23.jpg
natasha-23.jpg (788.39 KiB) Viewed 5953 times
The styling is classy, I immediately make associations with a uper class woman, photographed during dressing. The eye contact is not direct, the line of sight goes past the viewer; that creates a distance, almost like royalty looking upon their subjects. Again there is an appealing countering of this distance with the exposed bosom. Nobleness cougth in a moment of obviously not unintentional baring as she does not attempt to cover herself - that creates a lot of erotic tension.

For me this is a good portrait as it's technically well done, nicely composed and expressing a distinct character - I think, if you would take out a woman like Natasha to dinner, you would not choose a burger flipper. Pictures like this tell a story - that's what I like about it.

Sandro

INFORMATIONS