dollstudio.org

Custom glass eyes instead of factory plastic eyes

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Custom glass eyes instead of factory plastic eyes

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

in this posting I suggested a small modification for Z-Onedoll heads: By adding a small piece of plastic, the eyes are moveable much smoother. As far as I can tell, ZO has recently started to do something similar by default in the factory. So enjoy smoothly adjustable eye balls.

Talking about eye balls - Z-Onedoll normally uses full-rounds with 32 mm diameter. For now we'll ignore exceptions like this one (ZO-A12):
DSC04991.JPG
DSC04991.JPG (191.6 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Let's take the modification a little further and replace the default plastic eye balls from the factory with glass eye balls

The eyeballs ZO uses have the same size, but are a bit different than those found in most TPE dolls. In TPE dolls, half-rounds are used. They look like this:
DSC04986.JPG
DSC04986.JPG (208.65 KiB) Viewed 672 times
Basically, ZO just adds a back to the half-rounds. I think this is better as afull-round eye ball rotates more natually than a half-round that is padded with cotton balls in the back.

What if you do not like the factory-made plastic eyes? You could try mouth-blown glass eyes like these:
DSC04996.JPG
DSC04996.JPG (886.78 KiB) Viewed 672 times
The eyes above are mouth-blown green-blue glass eyes; these are semi-full rounds that nicely play together with a ZO head. They were created by Thomas Eichhorn-Nelson from Lauscha and they are unique specimen - they look a little bit different every time as they are hand-made. With glass eyes like this, your doll will be one of a kind.

You can exchange eyes quite easily. Just be careful not to tear the silicone or to rip off the eye lashes.

That's how a ZO head will look like with eyeballs removed:
DSC04994.JPG
DSC04994.JPG (539.82 KiB) Viewed 672 times
There is no mechanics in the eye sockets (unlike Doll Sweet or Sanhui), just silicone.

Remember to add a little piece of plastic foil in the back of the eye sockets and insert the new eye balls.

These glass eyes look more interesting than the factory plastic eyes, don't they?
DSC04998.JPG
DSC04998.JPG (560.95 KiB) Viewed 672 times
The picture above was taken with frontal flash so the colors in the glass eyes are better visible. Click on the image to anlarge.

Surgery completed!

That's how the doll looks now (this is a 'Spring' head from Z-Onedoll on a ZO-160/B body):
DSC05000.JPG
DSC05000.JPG (725.82 KiB) Viewed 672 times
DSC05005.JPG
DSC05005.JPG (810.62 KiB) Viewed 672 times
DSC05004.JPG
DSC05004.JPG (483.02 KiB) Viewed 672 times
I think she looks amazing. The default ZO eyes are good, but these are just better.

What do you think?

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Re: Custom glass eyes instead of factory plastic eyes

Post by stacy718 »

Love them!

Z One makes very pretty dolls.

-S

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Custom glass eyes instead of factory plastic eyes

Post by Alucard1959 »

Wow. VERY NICE. VERY PRETTY. So lifelike.
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

INFORMATIONS