dollstudio.org

The Dollworks adapter system

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: The Dollworks adapter system

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

in case someone is looking for a nice body for the M16-head-onto-Doll-Sweet-body family of adapters

We are running a sale during September. Doll Sweet are still excellent dolls, and they are affordable:
Quoted prices include shipping & import fees. Available in most EU areas. Only this September!

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

It's too bad that Z-one is changing their head connectors because a few would look good on my 145 plus.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

ILuvFemsNlingerie wrote:It's too bad that Z-one is changing their head connectors because a few would look good on my 145 plus.
I think the M16 connector will remain optionally available, at least for some time.

And we'll see, if ZO's new head connector will be adapatable. That's how it's supposed to look like:
new head connector.JPG
new head connector.JPG (106.55 KiB) Viewed 4224 times
Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

That's good to know

Hopefully by the time I decide to get another head for the 145+ the M16 connectors will still be available.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

today I'd like to show you the Dollstudio DollWorks Adapter DS2OI.

The DS2OI is an adapter that allows to connect heads by Doll Sweet with an Orient Industry body.

It looks like so:
adapter-ds-head-onto-oi-body-4946-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-ds-head-onto-oi-body-4946-dollstudio.JPG (569.96 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
adapter-ds-head-onto-oi-body-4950-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-ds-head-onto-oi-body-4950-dollstudio.JPG (760.59 KiB) Viewed 4200 times
This is the DS2OI adapter attached to a DS head (left) and the OI connector (right):
ds-dw-adapter-oi-2759.jpg
ds-dw-adapter-oi-2759.jpg (500.85 KiB) Viewed 4199 times
More information & ordering: http://eu.dollstudio.org/node/2728

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 0447311873

LJ69
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by LJ69 »

Hello Sandro.

I have two questions and I am not sure if they have been covered here before.

1- I am super keen to purchase the new Sanhui 165Rcup but they have only a very limited amount of faces available. I really want to be able to mix and match the 17 TPE Jinsan heads that I already have with the S165R. I know that you have to be super careful re: the TPE and Silicone touching. What are the best strategies for avoiding contact and also, do you have an adapter for using Jinsan (OR WM and YL) heads on the Sanhui body? I searched your website but could not see the appropriate adapter.

2- I also like two of the Z1 (silicone) dolls. Is it correct that the Z1 and Jinsan TPE dolls have the same connection or is an adapter also required for this hybrid?

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi LJ69,

Jinshan TPE heads on Sanhui body: This is a possible combination. The required adapter would be called WM2SH with the new naming labels. I can post photos later.

Proportionally most Jinshan heads should look fine on Sanhui's 165/R, as long as the heads are not designed for small dolls like the WM-125.

Here is the last mechanical compatibility chart we made:
dw-adapter-05.jpg
dw-adapter-05.jpg (415.19 KiB) Viewed 4185 times
Z-Onedoll head on Jinshan TPE body and vice versa: This is a possible combination that does not require an adapter. Both sides us a threaded M16 bolt, also known as 'grub screw'. There is only one restriction regarding the upcoming new ZO neck connector; i have not seen this connector yet in real, so I I do not know if it will be adaptable. As long as the ZO heads have the old M16 connector, you can freely exchange ZO heads, Jinshan heads, ZO bodies and Jinshan bodies.

Direct contact of TPE and silicone: Similar to different TPE blends used by different manufacturers, there are different silicone blends. They respond totally different to TPE and there are no comprehensive 'compatibility' lists which TPE blend interacts with which silicone blend in a harmful way. So the general recommendation is to prevent direct contact between different materials as a precaution.

Depending how the head and neck is shaped, a huge 'washer' can suffice to separate the two materials, or cutting out parts from a plastic bag might be advisable. You can cut out such a 'washer' from a sheet of plastic, sized to cover the neck area. A plastic bag would be the same you use to protect the neck when showering, just with a hole in the middle for the connector.

Indigo made some tests regarding TPE silicone interactions; according to his findings, 4woods silicone does not react with the current Jinshan TPE; but Doll Sweet silicone reacts with Jinshan TPE. Based on that, you should be more careful to build DS-Jinshan hybrids whilst 4woods-Jinshan hybrids should be easier to handle.

Sandro

LJ69
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by LJ69 »

Thanks for the response - much appreciated.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

I will Just add in case anyone may need to know that jm silicon and wm tpe definitely does have a reaction. Had an oil slick forming at the point of contact after about 4 hrs.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

here is the counterpart to the DS2OI adapter: The Dollstudio DollWorks Adapter OI2DS allows to connect heads by Orient Industry with an Doll Sweet body.

The adapter looks like so:
adapter-oi-head-onto-ds-body-4923-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-oi-head-onto-ds-body-4923-dollstudio.JPG (734 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
adapter-oi-head-onto-ds-body-4928-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-oi-head-onto-ds-body-4928-dollstudio.JPG (687.37 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
adapter-oi-head-onto-ds-body-4929-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-oi-head-onto-ds-body-4929-dollstudio.JPG (608.82 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
Since OI and DS dolls are made of silicone, no mechanical separation between different materials is required.

The only real challenge to make use of this adapter is to get affordable OI heads ;-)

More information is here: http://eu.dollstudio.org/node/2727

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 5854854144

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

optical delusion wrote:I will Just add in case anyone may need to know that jm silicon and wm tpe definitely does have a reaction. Had an oil slick forming at the point of contact after about 4 hrs.
A valid and important warning.

So far the best solution seems to be to put a layer of RTV-1 silicone between the materials, alike here:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 87&t=82641

Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

let's take a look at another adapter family - the head-with-M16-thread onto Maidlee Doll 'Maid-Fong' body type.

This Dollstudio DollWorks adapter family includes, among others:
This adapter looks like so:
img_20161114_034232.jpg
img_20161114_034232.jpg (731.64 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
img_20161114_034217.jpg
img_20161114_034217.jpg (755.09 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
img_20161114_034136.jpg
img_20161114_034136.jpg (722.3 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
Since Maidlee uses a magnetic neck connector, this adapter uses a magnet as well.

This is the ZO2ML adapter inserted into a Z-Onedoll (silicone) head:
dsc04125.jpg
dsc04125.jpg (366.35 KiB) Viewed 4123 times
For TPE/silicone hybrids it is recommended to separate the two different materials from direct contact.

For silicone/silicone hybrids (e.g. Z-Onedoll head onto Maidlee Doll body) no extra precautions should be necessary.

Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 3389736962

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

here's yet another pair of adapters. They are called JM2LI and JM2SA; they allow to connect a head by JM Doll with a body by Lifedoll respectively Silicone Art.

adapter-jm-head-onto-sa-body-4936-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-jm-head-onto-sa-body-4936-dollstudio.JPG (537.77 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
adapter-jm-head-onto-sa-body-4935-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-jm-head-onto-sa-body-4935-dollstudio.JPG (554.45 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
adapter-jm-head-onto-sa-body-4934-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-jm-head-onto-sa-body-4934-dollstudio.JPG (551.4 KiB) Viewed 4056 times
More information is here:
Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 2560040960

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

and here is another pair of adapters. They are called SH2LI and SH2SA; they allow to connect a head by Sanhui with a body by Lifedoll respectively Silicone Art (both are Japanese silicone doll manufacturers).

adapter-sh-head-onto-sa-body-4938-dollstudio.JPG
adapter-sh-head-onto-sa-body-4938-dollstudio.JPG (578.2 KiB) Viewed 4034 times
More information is here:
Sandro

https://twitter.com/DollStudioEU/status ... 0527858688

Dhamon

Post by Dhamon »

Hello Sandro,

Is there an adapter to put a WM head on a 6YE body?

Cheers!

INFORMATIONS