dollstudio.org

New websites for EU customers - eu.dollstudio.org

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

New websites for EU customers - eu.dollstudio.org

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

in the past days, I set up a new website dedicated to EU customers outside of Germany.

The homepage is eu.dollstudio.org.

Common to all shipping destinations on Dollstudio EU is:
  • shipping costs included ("free shipping");
  • all import fees are included - no additional customs or taxes;
  • highly competitive pricing.
The former English language version en.dollstudio.org is now mapped to Dollstudio EU as well.

All EU countries have subdomain on the EU site.

Supported shipping destinations by Dollstudio EU are:
You can go directly to your country subdomain, or just visit the main site - eu.dollstudio.org (Dollstudio EU). User accounts on all these sites are synchronized. The default language on Dollstudio EU is English. For customers from Austria and parts of Luxemburg there is still a German version available, but I will probably drop it. All prices are displayed in Euro currency (€).

The EU Shipping Flatrate is available for all EU destinations.

These countries are not (yet) member states of the EU and currently not yet supported: Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Serbia. However, we can ship to these destinations, too; however, certain features like the EU Shipping Flatrate are not available for these destinations.

Dollstudio EU is the third region-specific Dollstudio site we are operating.

Our other sites are dedicated to German customers and customers outside of the EU area.

Customers from Germany please visit Dollstudio DE:
The default language on Dollstudio DE is German. Language support for English has been dropped. All prices include German VAT (MwSt.), and prices are displayed in Euro currency (€).

Customers outside the EU area please visit Dollstudio US:
The default language on Dollstudio US is English. All prices are displayed in US Dollar currency ($). Support for additional shipping destinations is under preparation.

When placing an order to certain not so common shipping destinations like Belarus or Greenland, some kinks in the ordering process are to be expected. If the website throws an error, just drop me an email at info@dollstudio.org and I will take care of it.

Where to go from here?

There are a couple of things I don't know yet if I want to implement them, particularily:
  • Single Sign-on (SSO) - Currently, the three main Dollstudio sites are completely independent. Neither user accounts, not pricing nor content is syncronized. This separation is the reason I set them up as seprate sites, so this is by design. With a SSO mechanism, user accounts could be synchronized. However, I am not sure yet if that would make sense, and I don't know if I want to deal with the ramifications of SSO.
  • Geotargeting - Geotargeting would allow to direct the visitors to a specific (sub-)site. A lot of big sites do that secretly in the background, and in some cases it can be useful to take certain decisions out of the visitor's hands. However, geotargeting means that the site analyzes your IP address, which can be a privacy issue. It's a bit delicate and I haven't decided yet.
As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

INFORMATIONS