dollstudio.org

Weights of Z-Onedoll silicone dolls

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Weights of Z-Onedoll silicone dolls

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,
Diaval wrote:Oh! Another question. Could Z-Onedoll be hung from the head / neck? I know most dolls can, but they offer a BACK hanging option and I am definitely not going to do that. I intend to put the doll in MANY backless outfits for pictures and I cannot have anything marring the back of one of these beauties. I say that is a VERY bad place to put a hanging option.
Maidlee has an eye bolt in the back, ZO can optionally be equipped with a back bolt, and DH never has a back bolt. Take your pick ;-)

ZO has another hanging option called neck hook; it is screwed into the neck instead of the head and allows short-term hanging.

Z-Onedoll neck hook: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 05#p966305

DS has a so called hang kit which allows as well short term hanging (with head attached) and long-term storage (without head).

DS hang kit: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p1156630

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,
Diaval wrote:Oh! Another question. Could Z-Onedoll be hung from the head / neck? I know most dolls can, but they offer a BACK hanging option and I am definitely not going to do that. I intend to put the doll in MANY backless outfits for pictures and I cannot have anything marring the back of one of these beauties. I say that is a VERY bad place to put a hanging option.
Maidlee has an eye bolt in the back, ZO can optionally be equipped with a back bolt, and DH never has a back bolt. Take your pick ;-)

ZO has another hanging option called neck hook; it is screwed into the neck instead of the head and allows short-term hanging.

Z-Onedoll neck hook: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 05#p966305

DS has a so called hang kit which allows as well short term hanging (with head attached) and long-term storage (without head).

DS hang kit: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p1156630

Sandro
Yeah this was the first time I seen a bolt in the back, but I am familiar with removing the head and having a bolt go in the top of the neck (from the DS site). I saw that on the DS site a few days ago with the wire that goes right through the head so you can hang it without taking the head off. But yeah, I don't care for it on the back. I am also indifferent on the standing option. I see holes in the bottom of the feet for that option. What do yo do with those?

Thanx,

Diaval

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Diaval wrote:I am also indifferent on the standing option. I see holes in the bottom of the feet for that option. What do yo do with those?
The standing skeleton option by Z-Onedoll means that there are three screws in the soles of the feet. It allows the doll to stand on her own feet respectively these screws. The standing skeleton is intended for short-term standing - hours or maybe a few days. However, my ZO-160/B is standing for about a year. Though, this is not recommended.

The standing skeleton comes with a couple of disadvantages; it costs a bit more, the soles of the feet are not really pretty anmore, and showering in the bathtub gets more complicated as water can enter the inside of the doll through these holes.

Doll Sweet does no offer a standing skeleton option. Making these dolls requires more effort, but the soles of the feet remain flawless ;-)

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Dollstudio wrote:
Diaval wrote:I am also indifferent on the standing option. I see holes in the bottom of the feet for that option. What do yo do with those?
The standing skeleton option by Z-Onedoll means that there are three screws in the soles of the feet. It allows the doll to stand on her own feet respectively these screws. The standing skeleton is intended for short-term standing - hours or maybe a few days. However, my ZO-160/B is standing for about a year. Though, this is not recommended.
I kind of prefer the hanging method myself for storage, generally by removing the head and using the neck joint itself as that does seem the strongest part to suspend the doll. I got the whole idea of the standing option wrong. When I saw the three screw holes on the bottom of the feet, I thought you had to bolt the doll down to something like a wooden plate so it could free stand. Goes to show you how naive that thinking is being such a noob! Given how the closet is designed (my location for storage)...hanging does seem best. Sitting isn't possible and unless the doll is very short, laying down isn't possible either.
The standing skeleton comes with a couple of disadvantages; it costs a bit more, the soles of the feet are not really pretty anymore, and showering in the bathtub gets more complicated as water can enter the inside of the doll through these holes.
Oooooo, yeah, that is a good point. In my basement I have a nice bathroom with separated tub and shower stall. Because of the shower stall, the whole tub area is open I had already thought of some nice evenings in that tub with my little lady. Thank you for bringing that point out. I guess for standing I am just going to have to 3 point pose the doll... meaning her hand has to be holding on to something for stability. More than likely the closet door frame or the credenza that is in the room.

Doll Sweet does no offer a standing skeleton option. Making these dolls requires more effort, but the soles of the feet remain flawless ;-)

Sandro
Well, once again thank you for the information. I have narrowed it down already quite a bit to either Doll Sweet, Z-Onedoll, and 6YE. Out of the three...in terms of the body, the ZO-160 b-cup became my favorite as the body dimensions seem the most real to me. Simply the best body for my tastes and also they have a face I fell for. The weight is my biggest obstacle here. Z-onedoll has a body and face I like and it is lightweight. The body isn't as nice as the ZO doll, but it is still attractive. But unfortunately the price isn't attractive. Finally there is the TPE doll from 6YE, nice skeleton, light weight, VERY beautiful and is very shapely. However, more care is involved and the doll is very short at 4'11". It is going to be a tough one. I can probably say right now that Doll Sweet is going to be edged out. At nearly $1000 more than I want to spend, if something happened because of a lack of experience, I will be kicking myself in the rear. More than likely my choice is going to be with 6YE or ZO.

Thank you again, you have been much helpful.

Diaval

INFORMATIONS