dollstudio.org

New method to pigment TPE and silicone

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

New method to pigment TPE and silicone

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

a tinkerer from Germany appoached us recently with a new method to pigment TPE and silicone. No technical details were disclosed, but the accomplished features appear promising:
  • the pigmentation works as well for (unsealed) TPE as silicone;
  • the range of possible color nuances ranges from light pink over red-brown to light and even dark brown;
  • the pigmentation is water-proof and withstands water-based lube as well as makeup remover and even soft disinfectants;
  • the pigments do not stain clothing, and they do not harm the TPE or silicone materials;
  • the pigmentation can be seamlessly lightened as well as darkened afterwards.
The method was tested on Jinsan TPE, and on current Doll Sweet and 4woods silicone blends. Other manufacturer's silicone and TPE blends might work similarily, but would require some testing.

The presented results were impressive. This are two DS inserts after applying the pigmentation:
Processed Doll Sweet insert
1 Doll Sweet Insert.jpg (290.19 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
2 Doll Sweet Insert.jpg (285.43 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
And this is a darkened nipple on Jinsan TPE:
Processed Jinsan TPE nipple
4 TPE Brustwarze.jpg (36.64 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
5 TPE Brustwarze.jpg (27.81 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
This are sample color palettes with the available color shades, based on DS silicone in "LPink" skin tone:
Sample color palette for Doll Sweet silicone, based on DS-LPink
1 Doll Sweet Silikon normale Hautfarbe.jpg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
3 Doll Sweet Silikon normale Hautfarbe.jpg (56.14 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
And these are a similar color palettes for Jinsan TPE in "Normal" skin tone:
Sample color palette for Jinsan TPE, based on Jinsan skin tone "Natural"
1 TPE normale Hautfarbe.jpg (54.68 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
3 TPE normale Hautfarbe.jpg (62 KiB) Viewed 4919 times
Similar color palette are available for other factory skine tones like Jinsan's "Tanned" skin as well.

However, the method has a downside as well: The pigments have to prepared on location, and the formula will remain proprietary. So inserts could be "upgraded" quite easily, but processing a complete head or even a body would be rather complicated. However, based on this method, this method for (semi) permanently and non-descructively pigmenting silicone and TPE would provide a crucial piece in the puzzle of hybrid mix & match dolls.

The question is now if there is enough interest from customers in such a product.

Would you be interested in such products - like "upgraded" inserts and color-matched hybrid dolls - or is this an impressive invention that just does not have a market?

Any comments and suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks,
Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: New method to pigment TPE and silicone

Post by rubherkitty »

Very nice innovation.

So, if I am in America and order a Chinese doll, but want custom coloring via this process, I would need to have the doll sent to Germany first then sent on to America?

I think there should be a way to avoid import duties into Germany since the doll would only be there for "work" and not a final consumer destination.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

rubherkitty wrote:So, if I am in America and order a Chinese doll, but want custom coloring via this process, I would need to have the doll sent to Germany first then sent on to America?
Yes, this is exactly one of the "challenges" associated with this method - how to keep shipping costs, and especially shipping risks, to a minimum.

Even if a customer lives in Germany and wants to "upgrade" a doll, we still would have to ship to head and/or the doll to the tinkerer and back to the customer.
rubherkitty wrote:I think there should be a way to avoid import duties into Germany since the doll would only be there for "work" and not a final consumer destination.
This would not be a major issue as there are customs procedures to process goods in one country and then ship them to another country for the final destination. This is very common for industrial products; the question would be how complicated these procedures are for individually customized shipments (opposed to a dozend containers of sea freight with industrial goods).

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Jeff just PM'd me and asked if this method could be used to fix badly stained TPE doll.

This reminded me that this tinkerer also has a couple of other cool inventions on hand.

For example he can modify TPE inserts to make them easier to access (and to look nicer).

Also he has developed two methods to un-stain TPE material which could be faster alternatives to stock TPE stain remover and sodium bicarbonate (don't know if he could ship this stuff).

Sandro

Synfan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Synfan »

Hi Sandro,
I for one would find great interest in this development!! Not only from the standpoint of being able to match colors which would allow a much broader range of heads.
The ability to color nipples and labia lips with long lasting pigment is a huge plus also. However the ability to alter items such as inserts etc for different I.D. sizes and entry taper and labia lip style and color. Has long been overlooked by manufacturers!!
Also a coating that could be applied. To head neck sockets and neck stems to eliminate TPE vs platinum or tin cure silicone incompatibility would be fantastic!!
However the restricition placed on these improvements by the tinkerer would prove way to costly to implement. I think a market already exists and could be easy to increase if not for the above.
I own a W.M. and 2 Z-One dolls and find all of the inserts lacking!!!!
Syn.

nemo
Former Member

Post by nemo »

Dollstudio wrote: For example he can modify TPE inserts to make them easier to access (and to look nicer).
Meaning he can make the inside of inserts roomier?

Colour-matching of hybrid dolls is also a very interesting option!

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

nemo wrote:Meaning he can make the inside of inserts roomier?
I don't think so. The mod targets the issue that some people seem to miss the (small) opening in the insert and ejaculate into the vaginal canal which surrounds the insert, making the insert pointless.

I guess to make a TPE insert wider, the canal inside the insert would have to be widened. However, the length of the vaginal canal is limited in TPE dolls by the constructive design.

Sandro

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Here are two samples how the modified inserts can look like:
1.jpg
1.jpg (51.3 KiB) Viewed 4654 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (29.1 KiB) Viewed 4654 times
Sandro

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Dollstudio wrote:Hi,

a tinkerer from Germany appoached us recently with a new method to pigment TPE and silicone. No technical details were disclosed, but the accomplished features appear promising:
  • the pigmentation works as well for (unsealed) TPE as silicone;

However, the method has a downside as well: The pigments have to prepared on location, and the formula will remain proprietary. So inserts could be "upgraded" quite easily, but processing a complete head or even a body would be rather complicated. However, based on this method, this method for (semi) permanently and non-descructively pigmenting silicone and TPE would provide a crucial piece in the puzzle of hybrid mix & match dolls.

Any comments and suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks,
    Sandro
I have two questions:

TPE can absorb and naturally fade any pigments or dyes applied on the surface. This happens over time (days or weeks or months). Have you seen this on your samples?

And .. Why would he not sell his prepared pigments around the world? Or licence his process, it would seem to be a more cost effective and profitable method for him and his customers. This way the pigment's formula still stays a secrete and remains proprietary.

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

r363b wrote:TPE can absorb and naturally fade any pigments or dyes applied on the surface. This happens over time (days or weeks or months).
These pigments are supposed not to be absorbed and not to fade as they penetrate the material to a depth of ~0.5 cm. The key claim of this method is that is permanent and colors persist water-based lube, spit, sperm, makeup remover, and general-purpose disinfectants like Sagrotan.
r363b wrote:And .. Why would he not sell his prepared pigments around the world?
The pigments need to be prepared from the ingredients on location immediately before usage. Selling the ingredients would disclose the formula. As far as I understand the method, the ingredients are widely available and develop their effect in a particular combination.

Sandro

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Dollstudio wrote:
r363b wrote:TPE can absorb and naturally fade any pigments or dyes applied on the surface. This happens over time (days or weeks or months).
These pigments are supposed not to be absorbed and not to fade as they penetrate the material to a depth of ~0.5 cm. The key claim of this method is that is permanent and colors persist water-based lube, spit, sperm, makeup remover, and general-purpose disinfectants like Sagrotan.
r363b wrote:And .. Why would he not sell his prepared pigments around the world?
The pigments need to be prepared from the ingredients on location immediately before usage. Selling the ingredients would disclose the formula. As far as I understand the method, the ingredients are widely available and develop their effect in a particular combination.

Sandro
.. just thinking out loud .. and based on tinker's comment; "The pigments need to be prepared from the ingredients on location immediately before usage."

This is a clue it is a dye and not pigments. My guess a dye (the colorant) is mixed with a water-based paste and painted on the TPE or silicone surface as the paste dries the dye penetrates the material to a depth of ~0.5 cm.

To do an experiment ... add food coloring to a paste mix (water and xanthan gum), paint the dye colored mix on the material and wait for this paste to dry and the color will penetrate into the material.

I am guessing the "tinker" is using FDA approved dyes and materials in his formula, that do not harm people's health. This is why you would use food dyes vs industrial dyes.

FYI info
pigments are insoluble; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pigment .. and this is why I think a dye is used.
food dye; https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D3NH3NM/re ... J9AZ9M6BW5
egg colorant; https://www.amazon.com/McCormick-Colors ... +dye+drops
xanthan gum; http://www.bobsredmill.com/xanthan-gum.html

... just me thinking out loud, but no promises that I am right 8)

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

There have been discussions about clothing staining peoples dolls.

... so, if you want to color the doll's lady parts why not use full strength fabric dyes. You would still need to mix the dye with a paste mix, like I suggested in my earlier post.

a link for fabric dyes
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_n_ ... 3812537011

windave
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by windave »

This is very promising.

Kee
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Kee »

I supose this could mean you could make tan lines at the factory. Seems like a feature that would be popular
Just some info (i'm not vendor related)
WMdoll heads: https://reallovesexdolls.com/sex-doll-heads/
Z-onedoll heads: http://www.z-onedoll.com/products_index ... nId=3.html
TDF doll matrix: http://matrix.dollforum.com/page_search_v3.php
[/color]

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Kee wrote:I supose this could mean you could make tan lines at the factory. Seems like a feature that would be popular
Now, that is an interesting thought :!: :D
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

INFORMATIONS