www.textiledoll.com

TPE vs. textile doll

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
KissP
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

TPE vs. textile doll

Post by KissP »

Hi everyone!

I'm thinking of buying my first doll, but I can't decide between the TPE and the textile. I really like the textile's pros (lightweight, no staning from clothes (or at least I didn't read about that anywhere here, so I guess it's true, right?), warm to the touch). The cons for me are that: it's not as lifelike as the TPE dolls (based on the pictures I can live with that) and it isn't "jiggle" (it will be hard, but I'll survive :D ).

The question what bothers me the most is that, how good the tactile sensation on the "most curvy" places (breasts, ass). I know it's made out of some kind of foam, so I think it's soft and squeezeable, but is these body parts soft and squeezeable like they TPE counterparts or it's more firm-like? To ask the question from an another angel: if touch it/play with it, what are you feeling? Just a sponge or something more?

Because I don't have any experience either type of these dolls (didn't see or touch them in person), I can't really decide which one I choose. All I know is that I want the most lifelike experience (look and touch) within a smaller budget and I'm ready for compromises, if neccesary. So in my point of view:
- I like TPE because it's more lifelike (look definitly, touch maybe) and "jiggle"
- I like textile because it's lightweight, no staning issues, warm to the touch

I read some of the textile subtopics, that one or more of you have both type of dolls, so I hope that at least some of you have a greater insight to the above questions. Of course I happily receive any advice/experince, that helps the decision, even if you didn't have both of the mentioned doll types.

The other question I didn't find answer is that, how well textile dolls resist to water. Can I, for example dress her with a swimware and the make her wet with the shower head (only for the more realism of course :D ) or is it a very bad idea?

Thanks for your inputs.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE vs. textile doll

Post by samara78 »

Textile doll will make a great first doll. There is a lot to get used to as a first time doll. Moving,dressing,maintanance, and other things.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

JackieTreehorn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JackieTreehorn »

I would say a few other pros of a Textile Doll would be, as previously mentioned, lower maintenance, and also less fragile, and perhaps superior for cuddling purposes (I don't know if that's important to you, but I think it's pretty amazing).

I don't have a Textile Doll, but if she's anything like my Teddy Babe, her boobs and butt aren't particularly realistic feeling to squeeze (although note I didn't say not fun to squeeze, lol). Pretty much like if you gave a squeeze to a stuffed animal or something like that. You're sponge example is somewhat accurate, although a bit firmer than the average sponge- not like really firm, but not quite as light as a sponge either. A Textile Doll is a little differently constructed, but I imagine it would be somewhat similar.

I don't have a TPE doll either, but I think the advantages are pretty evident: like you said, they look and feel more lifelike. You said you want the most lifelike experience and are ready for compromise, so maybe that's the way to go for you? The "compromise" is primarily (way, way) more weight, more care, more money (not that much though), and more fragile.

Personally, I love my fabric doll and couldn't be happier, so I'm maybe prejudiced a bit toward them. She is so cuddly and we can sleep in each other's arms without fear of hurting her, so it was the right choice for me, but everyone is different. I guess her being less realistic doesn't really matter to me, but maybe it does for you- although a Textile doll is WAY more realistic looking (if not necessarily feeling) than a Teddy Babe, or any other fabric doll I've seen, so they might still work great for you.

Overall I think you pretty much summed most of it up yourself. It's kind of a trade off either way. Yeah, the TPE doll will feel a lot more realistic, but it comes with some heavy drawbacks. Keep researching and think it over. Waiting sucks, but you're better off in the long run learning all you can before you buy anything- especially a TPE doll because of the care and maintenance they require. Definitely learn all that stuff before you go that route. I guess if you just bought a Textile Doll on a whim that would probably be ok as they seem like easy keepers. In the end only you really know what you want- or at least you have a better idea than anyone else.

Good luck!

Oh, I don't know if it would be a good idea to put her in the shower... I'm not sure what the head is made of, but that's the part I would really worry about. The rest of her would take awhile to dry so it would still be... not maybe the greatest idea, but as long as you could dry her well so nothing inside molds or rusts I don't think it would cause damage. Not sure about the head though- I would not do it myself. She'll look pretty good in a bikini when she's dry anyway- maybe you could wet her hair for some added effect if you really wanted.

KissP
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by KissP »

Thanks the both of you. I tend to lean toward the textile doll myself. I think it would be a better first time doll. I keep reading the forums, I'll decide later.

oneparrot2many
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by oneparrot2many »

For sleeping with I like my teddy babe and realdoll better. The tpe lady is really soft and not as good for cuddling. I have all three forms of sexy ladies. So the size of these dolls are perfect and are way better then tpe. And are on par for a good silicone model. To me sleeping is heavenly with both forms. Just not with tpe

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

I've seen recommendations to put mittens and socks on the dolls when in bed or moving for protection, using a body sock etc under clothes and putting pajamas on in bed. Then I see a lot about weight and maneuverability requiring adjustment and planning.

So then I recall how sexy outfits leggings etc can be and how convenient it is to quickly position a doll, hey there's realism there that isn't as available on heavy less flexible dolls

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Another great thing about textile dolls is they are custom made to the customers taste.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

notjoeaverage

Post by notjoeaverage »

Do not under any circumstances bath or shower a fabric doll. The poly stuffing will never dry completely unless you pull it out of the doll. You will be left with a mould factory.

I have TPE and a Teddy Babe, TPE if you're really into photography, but TPE is too cold to the touch and difficult to warm up except with your own body heat by cuddling. My TB is a Std so a bit too small, I've been considering a Textile Doll again lately. With the soft cartoon head it would be perfect for sleeping with.

dullahan
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dullahan »

notjoeaverage wrote:Do not under any circumstances bath or shower a fabric doll. The poly stuffing will never dry completely unless you pull it out of the doll. You will be left with a mould factory.

I have TPE and a Teddy Babe, TPE if you're really into photography, but TPE is too cold to the touch and difficult to warm up except with your own body heat by cuddling. My TB is a Std so a bit too small, I've been considering a Textile Doll again lately. With the soft cartoon head it would be perfect for sleeping with.
TPE warms pretty nicely with an electric heating blanket. Stays warm for hours. Though you need to be mindful of the temperature settings. Over 40 degrees celsius can be damaging to some TPE/TPR blends over extended exposure.

Oh and really don't soak a doll with foam or plush stuffing. My cousin poured a full glass of water on the guest mattress and it took me quite awhile to figure out where does the smell of mould came from in my closet.
TRY MY SEX SOUND APP WITH YOUR DOLL!

http://dullahanprojects.com/plaisonar/

Works with all HTML5-compatible phones. Just press the pink button and shake your phone!

App Discussion: http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7&start=45

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

these are beautiful dolls , if i had a coupe of idea's i would recommend making these dolls a hybrid doll, i would have the base of the neck to be able to use a a screw on tpe or silicone head (oral capable ) .
and also if not already done a insert able vagina sleeve .

DarkAdonis

Post by DarkAdonis »

@ TimeTraveler1 I agree, a neck that could take a TPE/silicone head on one of these would be amazing..

Romulus

Post by Romulus »

DarkAdonis wrote:@ TimeTraveler1 I agree, a neck that could take a TPE/silicone head on one of these would be amazing..
I did it.
It's not too difficult.
My home-made OOAK plush doll gallery
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13765

Cnyb

Post by Cnyb »

There is a silicone head available for the fabric dolls (dagmar, candace) at beautiful dolls. The neck would require modification to bolt into a different type head or maybe othet heads could have the bold area removed
Attachments
IMG_20170331_195654.jpg
IMG_20170331_195654.jpg (560.37 KiB) Viewed 6520 times

Militarydude89

Post by Militarydude89 »

I really like the Textile dolls personally. Then again, I never tried a TPE.

flydreamer
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by flydreamer »

Both have a good esthetic.
But regardijg the affairs , a textile doll is the better value for moving easier in different positions than the tpe one.

INFORMATIONS