www.textiledoll.com

Smile for the camera?

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Smile for the camera?

Post by DarkOne »

Hi. I was recommending TD to someone in the chat room, but they said they didn't like how none of the TD faces really smiled.

Anyone else dislike that? I find it strange how hard it is to find a doll (of any make) with a little bit of a smile.

Textile doll: Think you can put a smile on the next head you make? Does not need to be huge, just a nice hint of happiness.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

Zang
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Smile for the camera?

Post by Zang »

I agree. A little bit of a smile :) would go a long way. Go for it, Jury! :D

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

Certainly an interesting idea and it's undoubtedly true that there aren't enough doll heads of any kind with smiling expressions. I would love to see Jury run with this and see what he can come up with. That said, I really rather adore my Signe's facial expression.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

jensguy56 wrote:Certainly an interesting idea and it's undoubtedly true that there aren't enough doll heads of any kind with smiling expressions. I would love to see Jury run with this and see what he can come up with. That said, I really rather adore my Signe's facial expression.
Of course, Smiles are not for everyone and I am sure we can fall in love with dolls without them, but it would be great to see at least a head or two with a smile.

all of TD's heads look pretty amazing so I don't really care what head the smile ends up on, either have it as an option for an existing head or make a new head or however TD wants to do it.

Textile Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Textile Doll »

I always thought, that smiling face will be bothersome :sleeping:
But if there are interested, I can make this option in the future. I am now currently working on a new face, it will be a classic profile, for fans of delicate facial features. :painting:

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Textile Doll wrote:I always thought, that smiling face will be bothersome :sleeping:
But if there are interested, I can make this option in the future. I am now currently working on a new face, it will be a classic profile, for fans of delicate facial features. :painting:
Nope, myself and others definitely prefer a smile. Not a huge grin mind you, Just a faint smile so we know she is happy.

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

Textile Doll wrote:I always thought, that smiling face will be bothersome :sleeping:

It will certainly be very interesting to see what you can come up with for the smile option Jury. In the meantime, I am greatly looking forward to seeing the new face you are currently working on.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Here are some images about what I mean by faint smile:

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/files/im ... y-face.jpg I REALLY like this one.

https://erinsantarsiero.files.wordpress ... /angie.jpg
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/women-fa ... 967789.jpg
http://www.beautyinthebag.com/wordpress ... _face1.jpg
http://thebestfashionblog.com/wp-conten ... 00x865.jpg
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0 ... 71011.jpeg

As you can see, I am not talking a huge teeth showing grin. or what you usually do when someone says 'smile for the camera'

I am talking about the look a women gives you when she is just happy and content. Almost the exact same as your current faces, but just the smallest hint of smile showing through instead of a blank expression.

Textile Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Textile Doll »

I think, that such happy facial expression can be done on a normal head... :whistle:
Attachments
1010-fanny-face.jpg
1010-fanny-face.jpg (41.16 KiB) Viewed 9547 times

Kate Kane

Post by Kate Kane »

Textile Doll wrote:I think, that such happy facial expression can be done on a normal head... :whistle:
Perfect example Jury, that subtle smile would look wonderful on a Textile Doll head.

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

Great idea! I just realized Asuka is smiling like that!
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Textile Doll wrote:I think, that such happy facial expression can be done on a normal head... :whistle:
Yep that is one of my fav out of the pics I posted.

If you can offer that kind of smile on your website I am sure I can get some more people to buy TD's.

Textile Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Textile Doll »

I will try to :)

Jason1978

Post by Jason1978 »

I am most interested in this new face, it sounds very much like one I would like. Also I do not agree with thinking all doll should smile, it would be annoying to me to see a doll smiling, it would seem more normal to me to see a natural expression. But I understand the need for variety and that some doll faces should smile while others should not.

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Jason1978 wrote:
I am most interested in this new face, it sounds very much like one I would like. Also I do not agree with thinking all doll should smile, it would be annoying to me to see a doll smiling, it would seem more normal to me to see a natural expression. But I understand the need for variety and that some doll faces should smile while others should not.
Well of course not all dolls should smile. And again I am not talking a huge grin, more of a smirk.. just enough to notice she is happy instead of the blank expression most dolls seem to have.

INFORMATIONS