www.ordoll.com

TPE Smell

ORDOLL have been a manufacturer since 2005. Our factory covers over 20000 square meters with professional sculptors and designers, 20 technicians and 230 employees. We specialized in developing, designing, producing and selling fibreglass mannequins for display clothes and cyberskin mannequin for display under wear and breasts. We recently ventured into love dolls. Our first model is OR156 which is 156cm (inclusive of head) with the first Sara head. Designers are working hard to introduce more heads in the coming months. Website: www.ordoll.com
PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

TPE Smell

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

Hi all,

I've recently taken ownership of an OR156G and she has a strong TPE smell. Reminds me of a pair of cyberskin tits I bought like 5 years ago. The smell is even stronger inside her vag. Strangely her head also has a strong smell, significantly stronger than the body.

Now unfortunately I'm not in a position at the moment where I can easily wash and oil her and I suspect that would help. I'm still waiting for an opportunity to do that, hopefully tomorrow.

My questions are:
* Does any member who's recently taken ownership of these dolls also have a strong TPE smell from theirs?
* How long will this take to dissipate?
* Will washing/oiling help to remove the smell?

Right now I've had to put her back into her box as I can only store her in my room and I doubt the fumes were doing me any good lol. Unfortunately due to the winter I can't just keep the windows open all day and night.

I'm due to get my own place very shortly (less than a month) and I'll be able to put her in her own dedicated room.

Please be aware this is not a complaint I have against OR; the look, feel and function of the doll has been amazing so far, this is my first TPE doll and I must say it's really impressive.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: TPE Smell

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 24&t=88292
PaulDenton2001,
The most important time to wash your doll is in the beginning.
Over and over and over again.
Jeff and Nyoko

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

OK thanks Jeff, you're right. I'll get on it asap.

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

My doll wasn't that bad smell wise when I got it but that could perhaps be subjective. The five times I washed her the first day did help some. After a few weeks I would have to be an inch or 2 from her to smell her although sometimes I catch a whiff further away. I think just having the doll air out helps.

james 1966
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by james 1966 »

I personally find TPE odor obnoxious and offensive, and I swear the odor has a half life of 5 million years, but others on here downplay it. My closet still smells like TPE and the doll hasn't been in there for weeks.

DollFox

Post by DollFox »

I have been told that I have a relatively sensitive nose.

My first doll was TPE, and the odor was so strong and off-putting to me, I had it basically in the bathroom for a full month, with the fan on the entire time, before the smell was tolerable enough that I could take back out. And yes, that's also after several repeated baths in the hopes of getting rid of the smell.

Since then, I have not purchased another TPE doll, and have stayed exclusively with silicon, which smells anywhere from faint and tolerable to undetectable in smell.

This is unfortunate for me because it significantly limits my choices, and there are some amazing TPE doll manufacturers out there.

Jamielin

Post by Jamielin »

Indigos smell was pretty strong at first. After her second bath its not as strong and she smells more like soap/perfume.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

DollFox,
I am sorry it did not work out well for you.
Did you wash her five times the first day?
Perhaps you might be able to find a vendor that would due all the cleaning for you and once the smell was gone, forward her to you.
Jeff

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

What about washing inside the vagina? I have an insert model but as I said before the smell inside the vag canal where the insert would sit is very strong. Am I going to need to wash it out with a douche and then use a hairdryer or something else to dry it and do this 5-6 times?

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Be Patient, the smell is probably going to last a Month or so but It will eventually go away, keep in mind even new Tires have a Smell to them. the only problem is that you can not have as much fun with a new Tire.... 8)

deerman
~ Member ~
~ Member ~
Location: Just past the pond, the last deer trail on the left

Post by deerman »

It does't last forever, or very long! :D

QL57812

Post by QL57812 »

Is she also really oily? If so, you might want to hold of oiling her until you’ve let more of the factory oil seep out and wash it off.
Kitty: JY163 with head 114

ORdoll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by ORdoll »

We sorry hear of smell problem. One cause when very new is wrap in plastic bag in travelling box as this contain all vapour of smell. Once she out of plastic wrap, surround by blanket or open to air, smell go away more.

We sorry about this but wrap in plastic bag give better protection for long journey.

Best regards,

Joyce
Email: chrisordoll@gmail.com, Joyce - ordoll88@gmail.com - special $50 discount ordering through email or TDF PM.

Official Website: https://www.ordoll.com

TDF forum https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=224

Please remind me of your TDF username when you order or email.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Wash the doll 5-6 times for removing the production residues.
That stuff is unhealthy and you should remove it.
Afterwards do a mineral oil treatment, let it absorb and then do the powdering.
Let the doll rest for the night.
The first mineral oil treatment and powdering are working over night (binding left residues).
Each time you wash, you are not getting 100% dry.
Each time, you are removing the residues.
Even if you did NOTHING, the smell will go away in time.

PaulDenton2001
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PaulDenton2001 »

ORdoll wrote:We sorry hear of smell problem. One cause when very new is wrap in plastic bag in travelling box as this contain all vapour of smell. Once she out of plastic wrap, surround by blanket or open to air, smell go away more.

We sorry about this but wrap in plastic bag give better protection for long journey.

Best regards,

Joyce
No problem.

I've got her standing again with the blanket over her when she's not in use and it does help.

INFORMATIONS