www.yourdoll.com

Which particular clothing material should I avoid?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
bluefield02
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Which particular clothing material should I avoid?

Post by bluefield02 »

Which particular clothing material should I avoid putting on a silicone doll? I made the mistake to purchasing something dark/polyster for my first doll. The marking wasn't so bad but I didn't think it would leave a slight mark. Generally I prefer darker clothing but should I just avoid it all together?

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Which particular clothing material should I avoid?

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

There aren't many wholesale no-no's, however there are precautions and things for limited duration. PreWash and then wash again everything that will come into contact with your gurl. Use mesh lingerie bags to help keep things together in washing machines. Hand washing with woolite is great for color locking and testing for color bleed. Especially do this for blacks, blues, and reds clothing and lingerie.

Watch out for rough and scratchy items. If they don't feel smooth to your skin they may risk scratching your girls delicate skin. Lace is very pretty but extremely rough in skin. Use a sheer body-stocking, pantyhose or thigh-highs to protect body parts from lace lingerie. Silky nylons are also great for a skin barrier to protect from bumps, moving, clothes staining and makes dressings easier and generally feels great all around.

White, neutral or skin colors, made with cotton, satin or soft mixed synthetic fabric blends are ok to be left on a doll for several hours. Do not keep dark or bright colors on them for long unless you are 100% sure bleed will not occur. Also watch out for cashmere or other lint prone clothes as they will transfer lint and fabric fibers easily to your doll.

So wash, keep to soft, smooth or silky materials and limit their wearing time for colorful items.
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

DarkOne
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by DarkOne »

Thus far I have had 100% success with all colors of satin fabric.

This is fabric that is very smooth, and is shiny on one side and dull on the other. It also has absolutely 0 stretch.
Every day people remind me why I like dolls better.

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

I have generally found that the cheaper the clothing, the higher the risk.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

The young gun

Post by The young gun »

So I have been using a mix between Yandy.com and Chinese knockoffs from Ebay on my RD2. What I do is immediately wash the clothing in cold water and Woolite for darks. Even if it is mostly white clothing. I do this because one set of panties from Yandy.com had a red label in the back and believe it or not, it temporarily stained. With that being said though, so far nothing else has stained but the clothing rarely stays on for more than 12 hours. I hope this helps somewhat.

WaffleAnomaly
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by WaffleAnomaly »

The young gun wrote: I do this because one set of panties from Yandy.com had a red label in the back and believe it or not, it temporarily stained. With that being said though, so far nothing else has stained but the clothing rarely stays on for more than 12 hours. I hope this helps somewhat.
I just cut the labels off all my dolls clothing just for this reason.

Especially after encountering a tag that was covered in glitter! :shakefist:

INFORMATIONS