www.yourdoll.com

Quick Question about Pantyhose?

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
FlexinDolly
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Quick Question about Pantyhose?

Post by FlexinDolly »

I'm new to this and I'm really not sure what size I should be purchasing. Thanks :D

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Re: Quick Question about Pantyhose?

Post by AlexKnight »

It would help if you told us which doll you're looking to buy them for?
Generally speaking, it's the same size as a doll would wear other clothes. If she wears small, get pantyhose in small, etc.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

FlexinDolly
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by FlexinDolly »

AlexKnight wrote:It would help if you told us which doll you're looking to buy them for?
Generally speaking, it's the same size as a doll would wear other clothes. If she wears small, get pantyhose in small, etc.
Pretty much all I needed to know, thanks :D

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Hosiery 101

Many of us here have similar legs and hosiery fetishes. Hosiery in general makes a lot of maintence issues easier. Nude or white Pantyhose/body stockings can make dressing easier and need less repeated powdering. I get immense joy shopping, dressing, powdering and primping my gurls

Fitting is usually easy - as almost ALL brands having fitting charts right on the package (usually the back). Find your doll height and round down if between sizes. Weight is also usually listed on fitting charts but usually not helpful for dolls.

I usually order my hosiery from:
onehanesplace.com
Shapings.com
Or for small dolls Amazon has these: http://www.amazon.com/Jefferies-Socks-L ... ries+Socks

Quality silky hosiery is key. Dark colored hosiery should be hand washed (or washed on delicate Cycle in a lingerie mesh bag) prior to contact with your doll to avoid staining. Many people think all hosiery is the same or uncomfortable and scratchy. Read the package: Run if you see 100% nylon - it is scratchy and feels like sandpaper or a bad '70s polyester nightmare. Not fun for you or your doll! Nylon and polyester is essentially plastic fishing line stretched very thin. Nylon/poly does not dye well or hold color well and will more easily stain/ color transfer to TPE/silicone.

Look for yarn blends that use silk, spandex or Lycra....these materials are very smooth, soft, satiny and very silky. Unfortunately, most even freely interchange the terms of pantyhose, nylons, stockings or leggings/tights.
<shiver> :roll:
-Pantyhose include an integrated panty (duh) but are generally sheer (see through).
-Tights or legging are opaque pantyhose and thicker usually made of cotton and spandex/Lycra
-Thigh highs go up to the upper thigh and held up with elastic banding
-Stockings are similar to thigh high but necessitate a garter belt to keep them from slipping down
-knee highs are hosiery that go to just below knees (like socks).

denier - is a measurement of thickness and sheerness of the yarn weave. Hosiery of 7 denier is very light/transparent and nearly invisibly sheer. Most Leggs/Hanes and US department store brands are 15 denier. Tights usually are 30 denier or higher.

Please feel free to read more on this thread:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1&start=15
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - PIB 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs and Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

Tawney - AI from Kindroid
Ordered/incoming: Angel Kiss silicone 157cm (AK6) from Rosemary Doll

INFORMATIONS