www.wmdolls.com

Doll Stand?

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Doll Stand?

Post by jms033 »

My doll has the three peg standing option, and she stands well. I do keep her standing, leaning against the wall. My question is, does anyone make a stand for these dolls? It would be nice to put her on a stand, to hold her up as I clean and dress her.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Doll Stand?

Post by optical delusion »

there are some members who have done doll stands. if your not handy with diy you can by one from jmdolls. unless your doll has come with the ability to be on a stand with the head attached you would have to remove it. still would make cleaning and dressing safer.

http://www.jmdoll.com/en/show-product-83-1276.html

http://www.jmdoll.com/en/show-product-83-1268.html

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

I found a web blog about ball jointed doll stands. I think some of the pictures she posted may work pretty good. http://astheresinworldturns.blogspot.co ... -ugly.html

optical delusion wrote:there are some members who have done doll stands. if your not handy with diy you can by one from jmdolls. unless your doll has come with the ability to be on a stand with the head attached you would have to remove it. still would make cleaning and dressing safer.

http://www.jmdoll.com/en/show-product-83-1276.html

http://www.jmdoll.com/en/show-product-83-1268.html

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

I don't have any problems standing my doll to dress, as I can prop her arms out at 90 degree angles and lean her against my dresser or wall.

I'd prefer a stand for photography through. I've always got to have Brie leaning against something - I just don't trust myself to leave her free standing. Right now my leading option is some kind of large footpad, fold-up dolly. Doll stands on footpad and can lean back against dolly, which I can then hide behind a curtain or greenscreen. I'd like a better option to allow free standing without disguise tricks, but I suspect it would be expensive to purchase. (I may consider building one myself out of wood or PVC pipe over the winter but I worry neither would be strong enough. I have more thought and planning to do before I go this route.)

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

bracket_02.jpg
bracket_02.jpg (8.99 KiB) Viewed 3680 times
Doll Studio has a stand that supports the Doll from her armpits and has it listed for $0.00. I'm sure that price is an error.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

I was thinking of just making one, but yeah, that's pretty much what I am looking for.

Samuel_78 wrote:
bracket_02.jpg
Doll Studio has a stand that supports the Doll from her armpits and has it listed for $0.00. I'm sure that price is an error.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

I think I'd prefer putting something between that Doll Studio underarm hooks and the doll's pits. I worry they are too thin and will eventually tear through - increasing surface area for them with a towel, rag, or those foam covers for water pipes would be wise.

With or without extra padding, I wonder how easy/difficult it is to raise the dolls arms to put on tops if the underarms are holding up the doll's weight.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Samuel_78 wrote:
bracket_02.jpg
Holy shit! 8O
That's 2 doll injuries waiting to happen. Bad idea! You CAN special order a TPE doll with a neck hook, but if you hold her up like that, she'll be damaged in no time. Even picking her up like that is a bad idea. Her weight should be on her feet if she is a standing doll. Even if the armpit hooks are only used to stabilize, I still don't like it. Any time you keep anything in contact with a TPE or silicone doll, she begins to indent. The longer it stays there, the longer it takes to recover. At some point, it won't. I am constantly repositioning my TPE dolls to keep this from happening. The silicone dolls hang from neck hooks and don't have this problem, but they can't stand.

jms033
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jms033 »

My doll can stand on her own, but like you said, I wouldn't trust her standing on her own in the middle of the floor. So I have something in mind that might just work. A microphone stand, with a boom. I don't think it will hold her up, but like I said, my doll will stand on her own, this will just help her with balance. I may need to do a little modifying to the boom, but I think it will work out good. I'll let everyone know if it's worth getting/making one.

JunkGuy wrote:I don't have any problems standing my doll to dress, as I can prop her arms out at 90 degree angles and lean her against my dresser or wall.

I'd prefer a stand for photography through. I've always got to have Brie leaning against something - I just don't trust myself to leave her free standing. Right now my leading option is some kind of large footpad, fold-up dolly. Doll stands on footpad and can lean back against dolly, which I can then hide behind a curtain or greenscreen. I'd like a better option to allow free standing without disguise tricks, but I suspect it would be expensive to purchase. (I may consider building one myself out of wood or PVC pipe over the winter but I worry neither would be strong enough. I have more thought and planning to do before I go this route.)

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

I was just thinking... with the standing option there are those screws in her feet. What if you unscrewed one from each foot at the heel (or all three for that matter), and replaced them with a somewhat longer ones that you can then put through a wooden plaque-like thing and then screwing it back into her heel? You know, so the board would give her more surface area to help keep her from tipping. I'm thinking mainly for photography, as it would be less obtrusive than a stand maybe. Or for longer term storage in a standing position possibly.

Do you think it would put too much stress on the foot, or the ankle or something?

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

jms033: Sure your doll can stand on her own - so can mine, but without a 3rd point of contact, it is highly likely she will fall over. Smaller dolls (140 or less) tend to stand on 2 feet better, but they will fall too.
Broven wrote:I was just thinking... with the standing option there are those screws in her feet. What if you unscrewed one from each foot at the heel (or all three for that matter), and replaced them with a somewhat longer ones that you can then put through a wooden plaque-like thing and then screwing it back into her heel? You know, so the board would give her more surface area to help keep her from tipping. I'm thinking mainly for photography, as it would be less obtrusive than a stand maybe. Or for longer term storage in a standing position possibly.

Do you think it would put too much stress on the foot, or the ankle or something?
That will work. Some people install a foot plate for high heel shoes. I installed longer foot bolts on my supersoft doll because the shag carpet was eating her feet. Flat shoes with socks work pretty good too. How well she stands depends on how tight her feet, ankles, knees, hips, and back are.

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

I do plan on getting the standing option for any doll I get. But when posing (as every one else has pointed out) its where I'd rather have a stand in case she decides to suddenly fall down and take a nap. The under arm stand I thought might work if it was reworked to hold around her mid section with a belt keeping the doll attached to the stand.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

jms033 wrote:My doll can stand on her own, but like you said, I wouldn't trust her standing on her own in the middle of the floor. So I have something in mind that might just work. A microphone stand, with a boom. I don't think it will hold her up, but like I said, my doll will stand on her own, this will just help her with balance. I may need to do a little modifying to the boom, but I think it will work out good. I'll let everyone know if it's worth getting/making one.
I doubt a mic stand will work. Mic stands are not meant to support heavy weights like a doll, only a pound or two of the microphone. Also very easily tips over. So its ill suited for providing support for balance - if your doll starts to tip the mic stand won't help at all, and probably just adds to the list of things that could damage the doll should she land on it. There might be other audio/visual stands that could work though: such as for speakers or monitors. I'm sure somebody makes something that would work, but a mic stand ain't it.

Broven wrote:I was just thinking... with the standing option there are those screws in her feet. What if you unscrewed one from each foot at the heel (or all three for that matter), and replaced them with a somewhat longer ones that you can then put through a wooden plaque-like thing and then screwing it back into her heel? You know, so the board would give her more surface area to help keep her from tipping. I'm thinking mainly for photography, as it would be less obtrusive than a stand maybe. Or for longer term storage in a standing position possibly.

Theoretically possible. The heel bolt is 30mm long and the forefoot bolts are both 15mm long so quite easy to get longer versions and run them through drilled holes in a board to provide for more surface area.

However, this does not solve the problem for shoes. It only works barefoot or with socks, stockings, and maybe some shoes that have holes put into them beforehand.

It also doesn't entirely solve the problem of topheavyness or weak knees, hips, or back hinges. Brie is topheavy with a loose back hinge so she could tip forward or backward and fall over easily if only supported at the feet. Even with a large enough plate under her feet, if she starting tipping over her hips or knees would probably still give way before her feet moved. I believe the only safe solution is to provide some form of support between neck and ass.

But to be honest, you're almost better off just gluing some cheap shoes to the standing board instead and skipping the whole issue with screwing and unscrewing the foot bolts every time. Its a far simpler solution that what you proposed and with sufficiently strong enough glue (or bolts from shoe sole through board) it probably does 90% as good as bolting the feet directly to the board.

I think this is half the solution though - a standing board, with multiple holes pre-drilled, and a pair of cheap tennis shoes with bolts in sole that go down into board and nuts below. This allows for different foot placement and doll easily separates from the standing board/shoes apparatus (though she'd need to be sat or laid back to do this.) Now we just need a pole or something behind her to hold her around the waist or underarm area.

Merchant2112
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Merchant2112 »

I don’t hang my dolls. i have a large walk in closet with custom cabinets i built left side. The center is setup like a kitchen countertop, so i took an old memory foam mattress cut it down to fit the area , 23 x 76 made it about 6 inches thick then used a black satin sheet to make the bed.....and she rests on it. on the right side took two large totes set them end to end length wise then cut and set the foam on top it makes a shelf about 18 inches off the floor + the thickness of the foam about 6 inches. 24 inches total. It has enough room to grab the totes so i can slide it in and out from under the hanger rack like a big sliding draw. The soft memory foam conforms to the doll and i have no fear of falling damage or indentations from leaving her laying down. Unless I was stupid enough to leave something hard under her. 2 years now and no marks in the TPE, I recently added the tote shelf (glad i didn’t toss out the left over foam) because i have a new gal on order, so I have to have somewhere to move the first gal too. Anyway if you don’t have an old mattress to cut up you can get a cheap memory foam mattress from amazon like 90 for a 5 inch twin. And make your own soft beds to store your doll in. just my 2 cents and its easy to pick them up one arm under back and one under the knees...and carry her wherever you want to....

Cleaning. my bathroom has a large tub and a separate shower with a hand held shower head, i put a long shower hose on it so it can reach the tub and a flat shower stool that is the same height as the tub sides i then just lay the doll on the stool on her back and wash her, then roll her and wash the back side then roll her again towel her dry pick her up and move her back to the shelf.

terabyte
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by terabyte »

I found a heavy duty (30-40lbs) adjustable display stand, with a little modification and some 70lb counter weights Giselle (80lbs) can stand by leaning against the bar that runs across. Makes it easy to dress her upper half. For photos its very easy to photoshop the bar out and its base is far enough out of the photo to not be in the frame. You can find these on Amazon or any retail industrial supply store, they are sometimes called Mannequin stands, or handbag stands, or shirt displays.

Last pic, I found enough hardware between Amazon and Lowes/Home Depot to make my own stand, only thing missing is the EMT or Galvanized Steel pipe. The 2 flanges will be bolted to the base plate along with the anti-skid pads. 2 4ft pipes run up to 2 T-fittings, 1 5ft cross pipe runs across. Counter weights placed on the base, doll can lean on cross pipe.

INFORMATIONS