www.wmdolls.com

Tpe softness

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
gator048

Tpe softness

Post by gator048 »

I have a 140 and I just got a 160. The Difference between them to are night and day Which I expected. But the skin is so much softer on the 160 and does not get tacky which is nice but I was wondering why. Did they change the Formula on the tpe.

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Tpe softness

Post by lilbitlonely »

I don't know your specifics, but I wonder if it might have anything to do with this?
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4#p1146674

Edit: I recently saw a comment (or two) about new TPE dolls not feeling tacky, so I was just thinking if this might be the reason.

SinsuaLuvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by SinsuaLuvr »

Who were the manufacturers? Both from WM? Or from different makers?

Yes TPE blends can vary greatly from WM, OR or YL. Dolls are not all made with the same batch reciepe. So dolls from same manufacturer can differ from month to month. Some makers (such as D4e) has been touting super/ultra/extra soft TPE. This newer blend IMHO is a change for the worse due to its unrealistic "body tone" and squish-ability. Your mileage may vary but I prefer the original more firm blend of TPE.

Some additional info can be found here:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=Super

Some industry standardization would help. :whistle:
Sin's Sanctum
April - 80cm elfling (silicone-9lbs) ~ 2016 from JM Dolls
Tawney - 132cm {Lexi head} - (silicone-45lbs) ~ 2017 from Private Island Beauties
Sophie - Piper 100cm {Jessica head} - (silicone-28lbs) ~ 2024 from SexDollCanada
Olivia - AK6 157cm {#45 head} - (silicone-68lbs) ~ 2024 from RosemaryDoll

”My Better Half” - 90cm Legs & Hips (TPE - 24lbs) ~ 2024 Seiraku Toys from Onahole

gator048

Post by gator048 »

SinsuaLuvr wrote:Who were the manufacturers? Both from WM? Or from different makers?

Yes TPE blends can vary greatly from WM, OR or YL. Dolls are not all made with the same batch reciepe. So dolls from same manufacturer can differ from month to month. Some makers (such as D4e) has been touting super/ultra/extra soft TPE. This newer blend IMHO is a change for the worse due to its unrealistic "body tone" and squish-ability. Your mileage may vary but I prefer the original more firm blend of TPE.

Some additional info can be found here:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... ilit=Super
They were both from wm
Some industry standardization would help. :whistle:

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

The firm TPE blend, which was the newer generation blend did not allow for jiggling breast or buttocks which make TPE dolls so wonderful IMO. It was like silicone in feel.

The blend doesn't have to be ultra soft either however. Back in 2016 when the tan tone came out was a soft yet some what more durable blend that was better than the current "ultra soft" which seems too extreme.

Unfortunately, by it's nature, TPE doesn't seem to be able to be both soft and durable. We've all seen the tearing by the legs and under the arms and in the vaginal area on insert dolls.

Why can't TPE dolls be made with more firm durable TPE in the high stretch areas I wonder like Real doll's duracast? It might be the manufacturing process of TPE.

However more and more you hear about that Super TPE blend but no manufactures have said anything of it. As long as TPE has been out, you would hope there could be some standardized request options for particular blends, not just ULTRA SOFT and REGULAR. And even better if there could be some sort of durability rating with the standardized blends that could be requested.

TPE unfortunately, will never be as easy to repair as silicone it seems. Once torn, TPE glue does little to mend

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

TPE glue is a scam, bro.

Get a lighter and heat up a butter knife to melt a cut closed. Heat up a spoon to smooth out skin abrasions. The glue ain't gonna do jack shit

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

In my experience the only remedy to a tear is heat from a soldering iron.

But I have written to both Joyce at OR and Sam at WM asking about changes to their TPE blend. Last year seemed perfect but the Jinsan doll I bought second hand new in around April or May is a harder TPE blend and she feels like rubber rather than natural. Compared to Jinsan dolls from 2015 and 2016, whilst it's not tacky, the previous blend was not tacky when powdered, and the new blend has for me lost its realism. I think this needs attention. Elsewhere I have raved about the TPE formulation of two other manufacturers as giving a wonderfully real tactile experience and the real feel of TPE is something that the doll manufacturers need to retain in whatever improvements they make.

Best wishes

Harem

dollguy13
Former Member

Post by dollguy13 »

harem I completely agree with you. I think the words "hard rubber" are exactly how I would describe my last doll from the Jinsan factory. It was probably more durable; but it was so painfully hard in places it simply could not be used intimately.

Did you hear back from OR or WM on whether or not they have gone back to a softer blend :?:

It seems to me that it's gone one extreme to the next in terms of hardness and softness. The right mix allows for some softness and jiggle but still resistant to tearing.

I am so nervous about losing money on another hard rubber doll I don't want to buy again until I know what consistency of TPE i'd be getting.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Not a word from Sam or Joyce.

This is why manufacturers need people to test their dolls when they make changes.

Since my JY and my Climax dolls were made I understand that both of them have changed TPE formulation also.

The impression that a material makes is very subtle and just a small increase in hardness can ruin the illusion of skin. One of my recent non Jinsan dolls is so effective that kissing her is an involuntary reaction. But with all manufacturers having changed formulation there are no certainties.

When my wife's away I like a doll in the bed as a presence in her absence. Skin is not always squishy soft but if a doll's too hard it can feel like a lump of concrete next to one instead of an illusion of wife. It also depends on temperature so there's no exact science and this means that a factory can't go ahead and change formulation and be under the impression that a small change is unimportant. It might be and make all the difference.

I met a Jinsan doll made in January. On opening the box she was rather oily but delightfully squishy. After a single talc application, there was no oil and she was superb. My harder one originates from around May. Are more recent ones the same?

As the people concerned tend to be newbies we'll probably never know if the sensation of touch not being right contributes to such threads entitled "buyers remorse". Getting the TPE formulation right is vital both for the reputation of dolls and the business of the manufacturers.

Best wishes

Harem

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

A quick note to anyone using heat to repair a TPE doll: make sure to wear a mask to avoid inhaling the fumes as one TDF member in the past got very sick from the fumes.
DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)
Review of my SUKI doll from Sili Doll viewtopic.php?f=253&t=73439

INFORMATIONS