www.wmdolls.com

A question about the standing joints...

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

A question about the standing joints...

Post by Anassilao »

Hello all,
I've got nine months a beautiful wm140 doll.
When I had buy it, I had choosen the standing options. She has three nuts under the feets, and this system works very well.
I use to store her standing with her back on a wall, and this way the weight, I think, is well allocated.
Now I noticed, the joints legs are actually very hard to move.
Early I supposed, this joints would be loose with time, but after nine months, are still hard to move, expecially the legs joints.
This is normal, in order to this kind of skeleton, or this is a defect of doll?

:roll:

itvman

Re: A question about the standing joints...

Post by itvman »

The left leg of my doll was difficult to move at the hip when I got her and now it is impossible. The other joints all move okay but have not loosened as far as I can tell. They are only intended to loosen very slightly.

That's my one complaint I have about my doll. I don't lie her down flat much because it is a massive ordeal to move her leg back and I'm afraid it will break.

alanseveneleven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by alanseveneleven »

The tightness of joints are regulated by twisting a nut, if I'm not mistaken.

Now, it's quite easy to cut open a doll and seal it back with tpe glue. I wouldn't be worried in the least should I have to operate.

The question is, are the nuts tack welded at the factory or are lock washers installed? Regardless if hardware needs to be loosened or replaced, this information would be most usefull before operating.

itvman

Post by itvman »

Some of the tpe dolls have tack welded joints. I don't know about WM.

Anassilao
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Anassilao »

I don't know how kind of joints her has got.
But I have a paper, inside the doll box, it's a legend of hardness of joints (left leg, right leg, etc) as these joints was tightened in factory before the shipping.
I suppose, there are nuts, but I'd like to know if these can be an issue of standing skeleton.
Can be possible cause the weight of doll, is necessary to tighten very strongly the joints, to avoid the doll bend over herself when she is standing.
Maybe a different kind of skeleton, with loosened joints, can't have this problem, so I'd like some opinion of an owner of non-standing skeleton...
Indeed, a such skeleton, hard to move, it's noisy and can get bored the user during sex... :whistle: :lol:

HoboBob

Post by HoboBob »

I dont have a doll yet but from things I have heard it sounds like you wont have to worry about her joints becoming so loose that they dont hold their position anymore. I dont know if its true but i have heard people who have had their dolls for years bring it up.

But I am actually curious about this too. I dont want to get the standing feet option cause I hear a lot of people talk about how it tears up the feet and takes away fro mthe realism when you see it, but on the other hand I hear it is also the best way to store them. Especially with my space in the house storing it standing up in the closet would be great for when guests come over <-<.

I dont want to hijack the thread, just curious if you can stand the doll in the closet leaning again stuff without the standing feet option. But people answer the OP's question first please.
I ask too many questions! DAMN IT I WANT MORE SUGAR!!!!

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

The joints should only become looser with use. So if you are not bending that particular joint back and forth, it probably still has its original strength. All the joints come with their own stiffness, so you will learn which ones are tighter with repositioning. Also consult the included chart for the joints intended flexing axis and range. Also remember to reverse the directions you did when putting her back to neutral. (Always put her back to neutral or else you will have TPE creases or other damage if left too long.)

I know that some joints start super tight and I almost feel like I am breaking her. Just need to be careful and know that she means to bend that way.

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Overtime the joints do start to loosen to the point they can't hold up the doll weight. Each time they are bent will add a light bit of wear that adds up over time.

Case in point: I've had Brie 10 months and her right knee is starting to become too loose. If her leg is in the air, chances are she'll bend her knee on her own. She's still fine standing straight up, but if she's standing with any bend in the knee, I have to watch for her toppling over. Her back has already long been so loose that in cowgirl style she tends to flop forward if I'm not holding her above her waist to prevent it.

So if you want to store your doll standing, that's fine for a while, but the more use she's subjected to, the quicker she'll wear out and eventually she may not be able to stand.

Personally, I don't have any problems with the foot bolts other than collecting some carpet fuzz. The bottoms need to be cleaned periodically. Socks could be used to prevent this but make sure the bolts are screwed in tight enough not to damage the socks so much.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

HoboBob,
Standing is a good option, but not the best.
Many people keep their dolls on their bed. If you do this, we suggest the following:
1. Have a good memory foam mattress pad under or over the cover sheet
2. If you are not going to keep her on the pink blanket that will come with her, make sure the sheets are wrinkle free as possible
3. Keep her in a body stocking to avoid abrasions as well so she can slide
4. Sheets and blankets should be white, light tan or pink
You could also keep her on thick two to three inch memory foam on the floor. For long periods of time, you could cut out an area for her ass.
Some people store dolls in a chair, but this has caused damage to groin area because of the stress on the groin. Best to keep her straight just like they come out from the mold from the factory.
Just how it is described in below: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 87&t=79579
Best,
Jeff and Nyoko

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Yikes I don't do any of the four things Jeff recommended, but I don't have any problems.

1. I'm not using memory foam. It's actually a rather firm mattress, but doesn't seem to affect Brie in anyway. She used to sleep on her back, but more recently on her side. Its been long enough now that I'm certain no damage will come to the doll - I'm actually more worried that her weight in one place day after day may decrease the lifetime of the mattress as the springs in the area under her butt and hips could wear out early. I've rotated the mattress a few times since ownership though and so far haven't noticed any weakness in support.

2. My sheets often develop wrinkles under Brie, and its never translated into impressions on her skin. May depend on thickness of the sheets but normal sheets shouldn't be a problem. Then again, Brie is almost immobile in bed so not that many wrinkles can get under her, but if I pick her up and lay her down on one, I'm not worried.

3. I leave her nude. She's plenty heavy enough (77lbs) to not slide around. If you have a very lightweight doll and very slick sheets, maybe this is a concern but I don't think its a problem for most.

4. Mine are light blue, 100% cotton. Advise testing any color or material against your TPE testing block first. Place a heavy object on it to ensure the TPE block is pressed hard into the sheets to simulate weight of the doll pressing herself down.

I would recommend two additional concerns:

5. Be mindful of where her hands will be all night. You don't want to roll over her hands, or have her roll over and bend fingers (or worse)

6. Don't keep objects or pets in the bed with the doll. If your doll can move in bed, make sure she doesn't roll on top of anything like a TV remote, vaginal warming rod, tube of lube, or anything else that might make an impression (sheet wrinkles not withstanding). Also don't let her roll onto an pet's tail for risk being scratched up by an angry animal. Also if there's pet hair in the bed, be prepared for pet hair on your doll. Pets, dolls, and beds just aren't a good combination in my opinion.

INFORMATIONS