www.wmdolls.com

Vendor Website Idea - Simulate Preview of Doll

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
bboik03

Vendor Website Idea - Simulate Preview of Doll

Post by bboik03 »

Hello! I've been in the decision stages of purchasing my first doll and it is a very tough one! I feel like it will end up being a WM Doll due to the way they look in photos I've seen and the various options that I am interested in. It has come down to one or two body types, a few different heads and skin tone.

I know the tech would be tricky, but possible and a potential idea for any of the vendors... It would be incredible if you could select the various customization options and view a simulated version of what your doll would look like... to preview a specific head on a specific body in a specific skin tone. I understand it wouldn't be an exact representation, but closer of an idea than none at all.

Just a thought! c:

DollJuan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Vendor Website Idea - Simulate Preview of Doll

Post by DollJuan »

Yes, i too think this is very much needed! In my last purchase from wm dolls, i wasn't aware of the different head sizes and ordered two heads. Luckily, one of the two head sizes matches the proportions of the body, the other one doesn't. And i'm thinking about selling the second one. If i had a tool as described by bboik03, this would'nt have happened. Please make such a tool! :)

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

Many car manufacturer websites have a "build and price" tool that does precisely what you describe. As you select options such as colors, wheels, trim etc. the photo of the car updates to show what it will look like configured with your selections. So the software exists. It would requite a dedicated designer on their end to make sure the photos of the heads, bodies, breasts used in the model combinations would mesh at proper scale when combined. Now it's just a matter of convincing doll makers that implementing such a tool on their websites will result in more sales.
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

Build your doll, just like the car sites. This is one of the best ideas I've ever heard

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alucard1959 »

Realdoll used to do that on their website. It can be done.
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Knightshift »

Knightshift wrote:Many car manufacturer websites have a "build and price" tool that does precisely what you describe. As you select options such as colors, wheels, trim etc. the photo of the car updates to show what it will look like configured with your selections. So the software exists. It would requite a dedicated designer on their end to make sure the photos of the heads, bodies, breasts used in the model combinations would mesh at proper scale when combined. Now it's just a matter of convincing doll makers that implementing such a tool on their websites will result in more sales.
Perhaps the many TDF vendors here might find this idea appealing?
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Alucard1959 is right, Abyss used to allow you to combine heads and bodies (as well as some other features, I *think*) using what appeared to be a Flash-based application.

It was phenomenal. I used to visit every so often, checking out variations of the Body 9. It was very easy to use and created exciting visualizations of what a purchased doll might look like.

I would love to see every company do something similar.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

Most vendors don't even have real world photos or video of any of the body or heads on there websites. I would be happy with just more video but I like what you are describing.

Sexy Sex Doll
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Sexy Sex Doll »

We have a few here, showing the final pictures on this page, https://www.sexysexdoll.com/portfolio/

Haven't updated quite some time, we will upload more. This is a good idea which we have been thinking of, but for some reasons, we have to hang on to that.

One of the challenges is this cannot be easily done by any software these days. Or those that are available are way beyond what a small retailer like us can afford.

Anyway, if you think of a few different combinations, let us know. We can take a few pictures of the combination you think of. It would be the easiest step for now

:D :D :D
SSD Massive Sex Doll Models Collection
- Free shipping
- We help EU customers to handle Import Duty and VAT
- FREE Gifts

Review on SSD
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=84705
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=383&t=86570
First i like to thank Sexysexdoll for the whole transaction process. It was by far the best purchase experience with a vendor i ever made.
They have a really good relationship to the manufacturers, get fast in contact with them to solve problems directly or change something shortly.
Biggest recommendation i can give!!
Free Take Care Kit For Big Sex Doll Purchase
*Limited Time Only*

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Indeed a site like this would encourage sales for sure.
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

Nice idea OP, wonder how costly this would be for this feature on a site.

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Babel99 wrote:Indeed a site like this would encourage sales for sure.

YES!

This is the thing I don't understand with this industry. ALL sales are done over the internet and NO manufacturer or vendor has a good enough web page for 2017. Why is that?
Do the web design agencies don't accept these kind of web pages?

Is the margins too low to pay for it?

I would not be surprised if the first company that really focuses on the web page as marketing and sales channel could boost sales with 100%.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

DollJuan,
What heads did you get for your WM 156?
Jeff and the BCD Girls
"We turn dreams into reality"
There are so many great vendors on TDF, but none get testimonials quite like we do!
CHECK THEM OUT and see for yourself
http://bootycalldolls.com/dolldesire/testimonials.htm
http://8065b9ae.ngrok.io/html/testimonials.html (mobile friendly)

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Matt from Abyss says the company is revisiting the preview functionality. Let's cross our fingers and hope it debuts soon!

At a minimum, would it be possible for BCD (and everyone else) to offer a gallery of each possible head on every particular body type? At the very minimum, start with one doll body/multiple head combination and gauge the response.

Seeing them together adds so much more reality to a prospective purchase, and it bound to help people feel confident about buying a doll. Whatever initial costs are involved would likely be justified in the ensuing jump in sales.
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Ztar073,
Well, our site is no where as good as most, but we did our best to find videos.
For example,
http://8065b9ae.ngrok.io/html/head_gallery.html
There are over 35 videos of faces
http://8065b9ae.ngrok.io/html/wm.html
Under WM, we have about 25 videos.

CF,
If you figure out all the faces and bodies and skin tones ( that can change from month to month anyways), all the eye colors and wigs, it is task Jeff would NOT want to take on and it would never end.
The best thing to do is if you know what body you want, ask your vendor of choice to get a factory photo of that doll with that face on it.
Or the vendor should hunt down a picture for the new soon to be doll owner.
Love,
YU
Attachments
YU.JPG
YU.JPG (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3027 times

INFORMATIONS